Path of Exile

Caliane

unid maps might be easier then I thought.

alch 3 promenades. combine=unid rare villa correct?
so, potentially 30 alch. but not random at least.

oh, duh. even was thinking chaos at first.
Skipped this one last time, not thinking of this.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure it comes out IDed if you use a vendor recipe on ID maps, which makes it annoying as shit, I don't count that one.

I guess you're right, it's a few challenges off compared to last time where I did some stuff without hitting 90. Vaal bosses is the same as last time more or less though, only that it's not specific bosses and instead more random, but it's gonna be annoying to track I think. Mostly you throw a bunch of vaal frags in the map box, and then you track down the ones you need by doing triple quicksilver speedruns through the zone. It went pretty quick last time when I did it.

Unique strongbox I agree are super rare, but they're adding some, the warband ones. Or at least I think it's this patch? I know they're adding something like that. It's possible those are a decent bit more common.

Lvl 90/lvl 20 gems I've never done either, and yeah I didn't want to do it last league and probably don't want to this league either, but it's been getting easier as the powercreep continues(although it might be harder since they're nerfing xp gains now), but mostly I was trying to get it done in a couple of days rather than a full league. If I played like say, a week, I think I'd get 90 easily.

Twinned maps there were a bunch of people sharing them on #820 for free, and some selling them, so I would expect it'll be the same and not too hard to do. You can kinda blue roll a map of each tier until you get it, it's an uncommon mod but it's not like rolling a top tier damage mod on a weapon for example, takes like 40-50alts to get twinned at most I think. The main issue with the challenge is actually killing some of the twinned bosses, like when it's hard bosses. Although if you play an OP build that's not much of a concern. 8mods is a ton more annoying imo cause you need to vaal a bunch of maps and hope you get a what is it 1/8 chance? , and then that you can run the map.

So yeah I guess it's a bit worse, but not too much. Those endgame grinds are pretty fucking bad though, so don't know. Last league it was shit like IDing top tier uniques that was basically a "can you get 20exalts worth of currency", now it's more deterministic but also feels like more work. It's a bit like the vorici of leagues.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else thinking of using the new skills in the new league? I'm going to use frost bolt and vortex in a CoC build. Working on a tree design now from witch and debating if I should stack any cast speed at all or just aim for critical strike on the witch and shadow sides.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
CoC as in cast on crit right? Why would you use any cast speed on cast on crit? It's not like you're actually casting spells. Just to confirm, you do know cast on crit only works on attacks to cast spells, you can't put cast on crit on frost bolt and expect it to cast vortex. You put it on cyclone or barrage, generally the 2 used attacks due to their high attack rate, and then hope it casts nicely. I'm honestly not very convinced it would be better than bladefall/ek with poison or other similar CoC setups.

I'm thinking of hating myself and playing with the new melee skill. It looks awful, but I kinda want to play melee. That or maybe Frost Nova with the new Frostbolt for stuff that's scary to cast it at range. Not sure yet.

Caliane

Pretty sure it comes out IDed if you use a vendor recipe on ID maps, which makes it annoying as shit, I don't count that one.
Nope, seems to work.
IM6uxPs.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
yep, 3 rare maps give you unID rare of next tier.

Anyway, I'm torn between RF chieftain (I guess...) and Hierophant with the new ice stuff. The latter can run on 4-links, but the clear speed is kinda meh, so I guess I'll probably say fuck it and roll a second CoC char to actually grind with.

Caliane

yeah, I was up in the air, after balance changes.

I was leaning back towards a lit strike or frost blades deadeye. having did a pathfinder frostblade-lit strike in temp league.
you guys talking cast on crit, making me think maybe that instead though.
Deadeye again.
Rupture. 25% chance to bleed on hit, on attacks. 40% crit mult vs bleed, 80% crit chance vs bleed.
Farshot up to 30% more damage on proj.
endless munitions. +20% inc aoe, and +1 proj.

seems like it would mesh with frostbolt and vortex/nova quite well.
Barrage I suppose.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
God my favorite meta of all time was prolif, its almost like they want us to go back to prolif some but they didn't change the damage penalty =/

Elemental Proliferation Support's radius has been increased from 12 units to 16.
Thanks for posting these Pyros

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't run bladefall trapper but my good friend did who farmed Uber immediately, I saw it in action and its very very high damage. I actually ran crit ice trap with chaos conversion to do Uber and Voltaxic LA for my 2 week build.
I'm seeing a ton of variations to bladefall trapper do you have a decent low budget verison? I doubt I'll be able to afford LCoil and a bunch of other crit based stuff this league.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm seeing a ton of variations to bladefall trapper do you have a decent low budget verison? I doubt I'll be able to afford LCoil and a bunch of other crit based stuff this league.
This looks closest to what I'm doing -Forum - Shadow - Life based crit poison bladefall trapper (2.2 Ascendancy)INSANE DMG - Path of Exile

I would only worry about the 2 key uniques which are Bino's and Southbound for the poison proliferation. The damage is really insane man, a lot of people use mines because they say the gameplay is smoother but to be honest Ive never tried them.

Tenks

Thanks Krassus. I remember doing my firestorm fire->chaos trapper 2 seasons ago Binos was more a recommended than required. So I assume with this the build won't be completely gimped prior to a Bino's? I assume they'll still cost ~1EX this league as well. I'm only seeing one Southbound on Perandus is the unique rare? It isn't expensive at only 25 fuse but I'm surprised poe.trade is only coming up with one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks Krassus. I remember doing my firestorm fire->chaos trapper 2 seasons ago Binos was more a recommended than required. So I assume with this the build won't be completely gimped prior to a Bino's? I assume they'll still cost ~1EX this league as well. I'm only seeing one Southbound on Perandus is the unique rare? It isn't expensive at only 25 fuse but I'm surprised poe.trade is only coming up with one.
Well what causes the proliferation of the poison is the interaction between Bino's + Southbound, its free AoE basically. You should treat PoE like an MMO and rush as fast as you can to end game (maps), the faster you level and get to maps where money items drop the better off you're going to be the first few days. You don't need to be level 90 day 2 but being at least in the 70+ area will help your wallet immensely.

Bino's will probably be around 20-30c which is almost like an hours work in maps. Southbounds as well are pretty cheap and not league specific. I'll be on all weekend, let me know if you need anything. I try to fill the guild bank with my friends to help out, we put probably 20+ five links the first week of the 2 week league in and will do the same here. This is going to be a fun league =)

Caliane

"in maps, count of monsters remaining is now shown when you press tab to see map information."

(over 50 not shown.)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Now if they were actually showing you the burrowed/hidden ones, that would be just peachy.

Chieftain or Hierophant RF spell totem as a first character ?

Caliane

Its so bizarre how slow they are with UI changes.
the color blind thing, the unique socket thing. /claim_crafting_benches. /remaining. Hell, even item level took so fucking long. Item linking in chat is a bit abstract. chat move/resize...
MTX sort. reclaim,etc..

Item filters are amazing, now they have them, but again. how long it took.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well the game has similar history to LoL - originally it was made on a shoestring budget and you can still see that if you look closer. Who knows how is the UI hacked together. I guess it was never a big priority over actual gameplay and content. "New UI and chat" is not exactly a catchy update line, even though anyone who ever tried to group up or use the chat a bit more will tell you it's the worst thing on the market, up there with custom maps vanilla SC2 and Riot's attempts to murder their ranked matchmaking.

Tenks

Its so bizarre how slow they are with UI changes.
the color blind thing, the unique socket thing. /claim_crafting_benches. /remaining. Hell, even item level took so fucking long. Item linking in chat is a bit abstract. chat move/resize...
MTX sort. reclaim,etc..

Item filters are amazing, now they have them, but again. how long it took.
Yeah the UI for PoE is pretty horrible but the actual game is so amazing I can overlook it. I wish they'd just devote a few months work to fixing the UI but honestly I think the probably have higher priority issues.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well they did some good UI things, like the item filter which is amazing. Just takes a while cause I assume it doesn't sell packs as easily as new content and shit. If you look at the leagues lately, they keep adding new content in them, it's not just a few mods on monsters like nemesis or some unique named existing mobs like invasion and so on, they add new unique maps, new monsters, new unique models and shit like that. So the UI changes are slow, and they probably don't rate most of them very high, or they're super hard to implement correctly(trading). Still it works fine. Hell in some aspects it's better than other games in the market. Like how I can bind force move to left click, unlike fucking Diablo. Although Diablo also suffered from shit UI and they've only recently been going through changing it.