Path of Exile

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Jesus some player named throzz is already in act 1 merciless. Dude is seriously playing it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well this domination blow idea was terrible. Apparently you can't do the labyrinth as dom blow, cause entering Izaro's room drops all your minions(I knew that) but the minions he summons during the fight can't be dominated.

Time to level something else I guess. I could reuse the current build for a summoner of some sort since it's the basic mana path > duration nodes > templar area but tired of summoners.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
RF seems rather unsatisfying so far, you plop down those two sticks, wait for them to activate and then they wipe anything in the radius. Searing Bond on top if you want to get fancy with bosses. About to do cruel lab so we'll see how it goes once I don't have to run purity of fire and they don't kill themselves.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So apparently the new shield charge is pretty awesome and frostbolt is really good when paired with CoC. Now what to roll next when I'm sitting on 30c...

Caliane

yeah, I was up in the air, after balance changes.

I was leaning back towards a lit strike or frost blades deadeye. having did a pathfinder frostblade-lit strike in temp league.
you guys talking cast on crit, making me think maybe that instead though.
Deadeye again.
Rupture. 25% chance to bleed on hit, on attacks. 40% crit mult vs bleed, 80% crit chance vs bleed.
Farshot up to 30% more damage on proj.
endless munitions. +20% inc aoe, and +1 proj.

seems like it would mesh with frostbolt and vortex/nova quite well.
Barrage I suppose.
yeah, I ended up going Cast on crit, barrage.

the plan atm.
Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

I am in cruel, started with powerful prec.

Some thoughts on it. First, the plan was frostbolt+vortex. Dirty techniques gives +aoe, +skill effect duration and 70 %damage over time. THIS, in addition to anger burning, and bleed/poison from dirty tech and rupture, I thought would be good synergy. (as well as endless munitions +aoe, and rupture crit vs bleed. and king of the hill knockback.)
I am putting it off for now though.

I have barrage+coc+frostbolt atm. Alternating gmp/lmp/faster proj/inc crit strikes atm, trying to figure out which is best, and by which color sockets I have to work with..
I also have Coh+split arrow+assassins.

The joke atm is Coh+splitarrow+assassins is killing everything much faster vs packs, and nearly so vs bosses....
CoH Assassins is intended to be linked to Herald of Thunder. but atm, limited to linked sockets, and color.
when that is up and running, I am not sure if Barrage or split arrow will be my cast on crit yet. Split arrow benefits from the 100% pierce on powerful prec more then barrage. Although volley fire+ endless munitions +1, will benefit barrage nicely.

Frostbolt/vortex?
Point blank, farshot?

this.. is a problem.
Frostbolt is SLOW. Ranger does have many +proj speed options. but it never gets up to a reasonable pack clearing speed. (I have them, and tried faster proj. Everything was dead before the bolts even hit.) It does have 100% peirce, innate. So,when it does reach long range, it does get farshot. But its slow speed almost makes going point blank an idea.
Vortex dont have it yet. but threads seem to suggest it procing with frostbolt ends up in melee range, again do to frostbolts slow speed, and high cast rates.

Ice spear.
on the other hand... Spear fits coc deadeye perfectly..
100% pierce in short range, getting the powerful prec crit. farshot then kicking in with its second form, for massive long range damage. And that high crit rate on it, scaling with all the crit multi in tree/assassins.

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I am going to swap to icespear. on paper seems like it will outperform Frostbolt by a large margin.
Barrage+CoC+icespear+lmp?+Arcticbreath?+lit orb?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Really liking prophecies. Adds some spice to maps. Just did a beyond map that was infested with frogs, while there fulfilled a prophecy on killing the boss (dropped a rare map) and on killing an exile (that dropped all rare loot). Loot explosions everywhere

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I thought you can pull off only 1 prophecy per map, nice to hear you can combine them.

Caliane: Dunno, I feel like you will have problems with bosses oneshotting you since you skip most of the hp nodes and stack only offense. RNG can carry you only so far and you still need to do the endgame lab at some point to get your 8 points. I know spark was nerfed, but it might still be a better choice for your build since it's a lot less finicky to use. Try to do some number crunching on your crit chance at certain points and see what you can drop.

Caliane

I tend to grab life "as needed". If my life pool is too low, grab more. Very few points in the skill tree are "required". a few crit ones, stat ones, power charge/frenzy, dual leech.

may even swap around for vaal pact.
plan A went up through there, and was getting charisma.
I build flexible in skill trees, and gear slots. no BiS, specific required items ever.

Herbalism should have been clicked. just missed that when transcribing.
124% life in tree. +157 flat life.
A number of 4% life/ eva nodes easy to grab.

Maybe pathfinder has left me careless.

Caliane

yeah, just tested a bunch of spells.

Pretty sure I am dropping icebolt/vortex.
Going ice spear, and essence drain. (Scales off proj, double dips direct, AND damage over time. can even scale it with that skill effect/DoT I was considering. Also, chaos, ignoring reflect.)

spark was ok. short range mostly. doesn't mesh well with chain knockback from king of the hill, or farshot. not like spear.

Edit:
Annnnnd, I got a tabula last night.

yes, barrage+coc+icespear+essence drain+lmp+inc crit is pretty lol.
Need to rework build for more defense to make up for lack on tabula. not a big issue. just need to get ondars/phase acro/ some more life/resist asap.

which merc bandit you guys think?
3 end, 6frenzy, 4power charge base+tree.

coc so power charge?
im at 52% or so, currently. with inc crit, 3 powercharge, ice golem.
not including assassins. diamond, and all around meh gear.
in tree, 140% crit in shadow area to go.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Casia
"casiaprophcoc"

Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really liking prophecies. Adds some spice to maps. Just did a beyond map that was infested with frogs, while there fulfilled a prophecy on killing the boss (dropped a rare map) and on killing an exile (that dropped all rare loot). Loot explosions everywhere
I am liking them too, i wish the trials were more common in maps but well see what happens.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I am liking them too, i wish the trials were more common in maps but well see what happens.
You can buy the prophecy to find a trial in a map for like 2-4c. You can also buy the 5-link prophecy for ~30c which would be cheaper than the fusing equivalent.