Path of Exile

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Got my Binos and Southbound. Now I just need to figure out if I should save up for a LCoil or just go Belly.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am doing an occultist blade vortex, taking it a bit slow this time but it feels pretty solid. Just hit act 4 merciless this morning so about to head into maps

This is also the least 'in your face' a league has ever been. If you don't pick up silver coins you're just playing standard

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I downloaded this game again recently and I am feeling a bit lost. As I remember, I was working on a CI ES flicker strike shadow right around the time the scion first came out. I made it to level 59, but now I have a full skill reset. I took the free passive skill and the +physical damage rewards from the first two bandit quests, I think I was going to grab the extra power charge next.

My gear was nothing impressive, I think my best item was a pair of rainbow strides and a bunch of self found rares. I guess I am just trying to figure out what I should do to start getting back into the game.
Account name is Dersu42, but I am only playing very infrequently, so send a guild invite at your own peril. Any advice would be welcome though.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Make a new character or follow a guide from youtube/official forums. Some people suggest you fuck up a few characters before making a "serious" one, but that's imo a waste of time. The game has changed so much since release reviving your old one will be probably more confusing than helpful, there's a whole new act and a labyrinth that lets you specialize your class further.

Caliane

yeah. definitely start a new character.

after quests are completely, the ammy/etc vendors will sell "suggested" skill gems for any given class now. But not all, some builds will require trading or alts.

CI flicker is not an easy build. I would recommend something simpler. A bow ranger, or something.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my Binos and Southbound. Now I just need to figure out if I should save up for a LCoil or just go Belly.
I went for a shit 6L evasion for 1 ex 50c, the damage you get from conc effect in the 6l is wild. My only complaint about this build is that it would be very tough to level 94-100 with its playstyle. Otherwise the DPS as an Assassin with Toxic Delivery is quite probably the highest single target I have ever seen.

Tenks

Welp my build is basically complete. I went LCoil and got the 5L prophecy right after it so that worked out. Fun little build I dig it. Not sure how much longer I'll play this season. Honestly the prophecies are mostly underwhelming. 75% of them I don't even realize they're happening I just get the notification it occured.

I'll certainly finish uber lab. Now with 8 points I can go down the trap tree and the blind tree on the Sab. The blind tree basically gives me a free 30% damage and the bonus of everything around me being blinded combined with my really high evasion rating and phase acro + atziri's slink I'm dodging spells left and right as well.

kitsune

I'm a bit miffed about the league but I have set out some goals for me this league:

1) Get 24 challenges done (I'm at 12 right now). If I would get 36 it's a bonus, but I want the weapon effect
2) Get all the upgraded uniques or at least the useful ones. I believe these will be unnecessarily expensive in standard later and it's going to be fun to have a few of them for leveling, such as the 6 link wand at 36
3) Get the new uniques off pale council etc.

Should be doable \o/

kitsune

Also doublepost but can I get a reinvite to the guild? account name is allana and my character is called Maiell. Reason is I was briefly in a guild with rl friends but they stopped again

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I really want to do the pale council, but all I get are shitty uniques from rares in A1/2 or upgrades of the stuff I don't have, occasionally extra blue pack from a strongbox :-/

Facebreaker/shield charge is stupid fun, but holy shit did the prices of the items skyrocket.

Tenks

Lol now I regret selling those two pairs of Facebreakers I found earlier this league for 1c each

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty happy with burning arrow right now, I would really like to play discharge coc this season but I doubt I'll get the funds.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty happy with burning arrow right now, I would really like to play discharge coc this season but I doubt I'll get the funds.
I made a hipster burning arrow trapper and the damage is even more insane than bladefall trapping.

Tenks

I think trapping and insane damage just go hand in hand. What next .... shield charge trapper?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The worst thing about shield charge is that you drop the spirit during Haku missions. Also good luck getting the gear on the cheap, dropped like 2,5 ex yesterday for Abyssus/Old one's ward/redblade tramplers and I'll still have to drop some mad cash for resists on chest and phys dmg jewelry. At least got a Call of the brotherhood to get some semblance of money back.

I think somebody should make some hipster build with the new spirit totems, the warchief has crazy dps and aoe, the only problem is that it's still a totem ...

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One of the big streamers was doing melee totems, havoc I think? Then he died. It's worse than usual totems imo, has smaller aoe and you need to be kinda close to them on top of it. Advantage of normal totems is you can cast them on the edge of the screen and they kill shit you can't even see and what not. These new ones do more damage for sure but don't know if that's worth the risk.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm playing shield charge and got in early enough to pay less the EX prices for most of my gear. Sitting at 15k tooltip damage right now which is ok but I'm like a wet paper bag in Merc Lab and higher maps. Re-rolling a ranged build because I'm tired of taking so much damage vs bosses.