Path of Exile

How often are you guys seeing uniques?

I looted both of these relatively recently, lvl 43 duelist:

7wZoajK.png

hJCxeRR.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm 100% not sure but I think if you are running a totem build that this is the best chest for your build, period. Ever.
I think everyone agrees with this.

As far as uniques my experience is pretty even with them, though my first unique was Quillrain, my second was Astramentis and my third was Dream Fragments.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you're doing maps, don't use them on high ilvl onyx imo, just buy random amulets from every vendor and convert them to 20onyx using the recipe(1amulet+1gem of each color=onyx amulet, you can use onyx amulet too if they're not 20, swap the gems until you find a +20 then sell that, rinse repeat). You should try to alch high lvl onyx if you can, they can get good stats. What you can do if chance a high lvl 20 onyx, if you get a good rare sell it, otherwise just reroll it with the recipe and chance it again. But there's 3 onyx uniques and only astramentis is really worth a lot, chayula is only worth a couple of GCP at most and the lifesteal one is worth like 1 GCP.

Also if you're doing maps, chance Glorious Plates(Kaom's Heart), Occultist Vestments(Shavronne's Wrappings), Spidersilk Robes(Soul Mantle the new totem unique), Titanium Spirit Shields(Rathpith Globe), Imperial Bows(Lioneyes's Glare) and Maelstrom Staves(Shiverwhatever cold staff). Maybe some other stuff too I'm not entirely sure about what sells well from the recent uniques and shit, but those are the "rare" uniques because they use high level drops yet they're pretty much BiS gear. Like the Aegis Aurora shield(champion kite shield) or the new fire resist shield for RF builds( mosaic kite shield) might be worth it, Sin Trek boots(Stealth boots) are also pretty good.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How often are you guys seeing uniques?
It's pretty random. I found a couple early on when I started, then didn't see any for weeks. The other night we killed a boss twice and he dropped 3. The next day my first kill I got another, then another ten minutes later. Now haven't seen any for days.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They posted some articles in their development manifesto.https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vi.../dev-manifesto

I highly recommend reading through.

Some highlights:
- They intend to run 4 race seasons through open beta
- Seasons 3 and 4 they are going to experiment with more ambitious changes like starting at different points in the game or have major functional changes to the way the game is played
- Season 2 they will have a lot more events to support different time zones
- Season 2 will have rewards earlier than 15 points, as well as some more powerful uniques
- Season 2 will probably have some kind of lottery system with points as well (you get x points in a race = you are entered x times into a drawing for a prize)

PVP Revamp is on the way
- PVP balance tweaks which will not break the current PvE balance
- Scheduled tournaments
- PvP modes like CTF
- Some PVP centric skills to mitigate dominant builds "It's intended to be a lot like an MTG metagame"

A HUGE post about desync and how they intend to fix/mitigate it. I don't have a networking background, didn't read.

Partying
- Loot modes
- They want to make partying more challenging (I agree that it's super easy right now) - " If we make party play more challenging, we'll probably also incentivise it slightly more also."

Ranged vs Melee disparity
- Add more survivability options for getting close to monsters
- fix the physical-elemental damage disparity
- add some offensive passive skills for melee

Neki

Molten Core Raider
GGG are fast becoming my favourite developers based on this game and how they listen to their playerbase

plaeroma_sl

shitlord
Be careful with the new lightning thorns, it does flat damage per hit, so if you are running gmp / chain, etc you can gib yourself hitting shit off screen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ran my own map group today. Map RNG really sucks. They should make the map generation follow the same principle as evasion.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Just wanted to correct something, said my dudes name is Kendrek, its just Kendek. Went through all my usual names when first creating and they were all taken up, so had to go with that one. Still pretty low level since I have only had a hour here and there to play, but will be on tonight after AGoT

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ran my own map group today. Map RNG really sucks. They should make the map generation follow the same principle as evasion.
Since I've upped the difficulty of my maps and followed either - get over 40% or get at least 1 of the good mods (magic/rare/pack/area) my rate for map acquisition has gotten really good. So far I've recorded data for 64 maps. My sample sizes for the individual groups i have below aren't huge so take this with a grain of salt.

34 had 0 desirable mods, average quantity of 37.94% and .82 maps per run
11 of those were above 40% quantity and the average was 1.27 maps per run (only one of them had 0 map drops)
22 of those were below 35% quantity and the average was .48 maps per run

granted, I didn't do any kind of critical point analysis on this but the concept seems solid..ish.

I don't have enough runs with each individual mods to give any good rule of thumb for which mods are the best, but here is the general data:
17 had 1 desirable mods, average quantity of 29.59% and 1.53 maps per run
11 had 2 desirable mods, average quantity of 13.09% and 1.18 maps per run

3 runs I had 4 map drops, 2 of them had rare monsters with 52 and 26% quantity, the other was a maze with 15%.
2 runs I had 3 map drops, one was maze with 18%, the other was mud geyser with 50% area and 29% quantity

So, overall the data for 1 mod seems to be the best; 2 mods and you may be sacrificing too much quantity. 0 Good Mods has been the most consistent for me but not a great chance to get multiple maps and required high %.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Ranged vs Melee disparity
- Add more survivability options for getting close to monsters
- fix the physical-elemental damage disparity
- add some offensive passive skills for melee
fucking finaly. this should have been fixed months ago. Sometimes 2 ranged players can clear packs of mobs before melee can reach them