Path of Exile

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Witch summoner up to 24. Having fun just steamrolling everything. Using a rando starter build someone put up. Only in act 2 so far.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I switched over from doing an elemental claw blade flurry to elemental claw molten strike. I only got the +2 head chant for now. But it's crazy sauce.

Elerion

N00b
I'm curious as to why there isn't more talk about this chest Inpulsa's Broken Heart Or maybe there is and I'm missing it. Everyone knows Gladiator's bleed explosions are quite good at clearing packs, it's just limited in how well you can scale it and ascendancy only really works with 1H weapons. Not much increases physical damage that isn't already restricted by "weapon" or "attack", which the bleed explosion is neither. Elemental damage increases that aren't restricted are much more bountiful. You *could* convert bleed explosions to 90% cold via passives and Hrimsorrow, I guess, never tried it though.

What would be the best skill to best distribute those lightning explosions? I was thinking Tornado Shot and a phys to cold/lightning Slayer build.

Or am I missing something that really makes Gratuitous Violence tick? I have two relatively equally geared character, one a FB/MS ranger and the other a Sunder Gladiator. The latter handles those self healing asshole much better and I think it's because of the bleed explosions. I can't really think the single target on Sunder would come close to MS any other way.
On kill explosions are fantastic for boosting clear speed, Inpulsa is no exception. It really shines for Arc, its only weakness as a clear skill is the target limit for huge packs. Inpulsa pretty much solves that.

Still need a dedicated single target setup for late game, thankfully the new pseudo 6 links are great for that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On kill explosions are fantastic for boosting clear speed, Inpulsa is no exception. It really shines for Arc, its only weakness as a clear skill is the target limit for huge packs. Inpulsa pretty much solves that.

Still need a dedicated single target setup for late game, thankfully the new pseudo 6 links are great for that.
That's why I like Tornado Shot so much. With Inpulsa, it's an even better clear skill than it already was while making no sacrifices to its single target.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The sunder slayer is great and I still have some room to grow on it. It’s designed for lab farming and some other mapping but not truly end game.

I need a second build that is truly Uber like afk killing shaper or some dumb shit like that. What is the hotness right now? Don’t care if it uses expensive gear. My only requirement is that it’s fairly easy to play. I need something else to be farming gear/currency for.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I need something else to be farming gear/currency for.

Hah, this is the reason I ditched my sunder gladiator so quickly. Without a need for crit, accuracy, or elemental damage, the gear progression plateaus so quickly. I have shitty rings that are mainly just to cap my resists. I was looking at upgrading them and I was like...maybe a bit of attack speed and flat phys? Still quite capable at killing shit, but the upgrades are marginal outside of your weapon.

EE's Ngamahu Cyclone might be up your alley. It has a couple very expensive items with 6L Belly and Xoph's Blood, so there's definitely stuff to farm for.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Hah, this is the reason I ditched my sunder gladiator so quickly. Without a need for crit, accuracy, or elemental damage, the gear progression plateaus so quickly. I have shitty rings that are mainly just to cap my resists. I was looking at upgrading them and I was like...maybe a bit of attack speed and flat phys? Still quite capable at killing shit, but the upgrades are marginal outside of your weapon.

EE's Ngamahu Cyclone might be up your alley. It has a couple very expensive items with 6L Belly and Xoph's Blood, so there's definitely stuff to farm for.
Yeah the rings I have right now I could take off and it would change nothing since I capped my resists mainly with an insane belt I spent 1 EX on that has around 45% to each. So once I get rings worked out there is nothing to farm for it really. Some tweaks here and there of course but it was super effective real fast. I grabbed that tabula for gem leveling last night also.

I will check that build out, cyclone sounds like the D3 barb spin to win and I loved that gameplay style.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You guys are doing Sunder Glad wrong or doing a newbie version of them from the poe forums. Sunder is the only build I've done this league and I've completed the entire atlas with it and am 35/40 challenges already, I decimated shaper with a Varunastra (300dps) as well on day 4. The ONLY content you cant do, or that is close to impossible is Uber Atziri because of the reflect splits. Even just grazing the reflect split insta one shots you with Sunder. That's why I am using a Varunastra to be able to swap to blade flurry for Uber Atziri.

Some of the larger DPS upgrades for Sunder are -

Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets (costs 2 chaos?) gives you 10% more damage from intimidate and 2 Abyss sockets I chose jewels for combined 22% crit multi, 80 life, 6-12 physical damage. Nothing beats these gauntlets for BiS. If you have 3+ ex to spend on gauntlets you can add Vulnerability on hit corruptions for free cursing.
Crit Multiplier + Flat Physical Damage on an Amulet (20%ish DPS increase)
Flat Damage + Accuracy rings (5-10% dps increases each)
40% Sunder damage or IAS enchantments from Lab (10-20% dps) I would go with IAS if your APS is more than .15/.16 with blood rage on
Crit Enchantment for boots from merc lab +
Lions Roar Flask - 25% more damage

When you have a lot of currency you can buy things like
Watchers eye jewel - 2% Crit with Hatred, real big money you can buy a double hatred stat one for insane DPS.
Taste of Hate - 20% physical gained as extra cold damage and also one of the best defensive flasks in the game

My account is public if you want to see my Sunder Glad -

View Profile - Path of Exile - Locked_Up

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You guys are doing Sunder Glad wrong or doing a newbie version of them from the poe forums. Sunder is the only build I've done this league and I've completed the entire atlas with it and am 35/40 challenges already, I decimated shaper with a Varunastra (300dps) as well on day 4. The ONLY content you cant do, or that is close to impossible is Uber Atziri because of the reflect splits. Even just grazing the reflect split insta one shots you with Sunder. That's why I am using a Varunastra to be able to swap to blade flurry for Uber Atziri.

Some of the larger DPS upgrades for Sunder are -

Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets (costs 2 chaos?) gives you 10% more damage from intimidate and 2 Abyss sockets I chose jewels for combined 22% crit multi, 80 life, 6-12 physical damage. Nothing beats these gauntlets for BiS. If you have 3+ ex to spend on gauntlets you can add Vulnerability on hit corruptions for free cursing.
Crit Multiplier + Flat Physical Damage on an Amulet (20%ish DPS increase)
Flat Damage + Accuracy rings (5-10% dps increases each)
40% Sunder damage or IAS enchantments from Lab (10-20% dps) I would go with IAS if your APS is more than .15/.16 with blood rage on
Crit Enchantment for boots from merc lab +
Lions Roar Flask - 25% more damage

When you have a lot of currency you can buy things like
Watchers eye jewel - 2% Crit with Hatred, real big money you can buy a double hatred stat one for insane DPS.
Taste of Hate - 20% physical gained as extra cold damage and also one of the best defensive flasks in the game

My account is public if you want to see my Sunder Glad -

View Profile - Path of Exile - Locked_Up
Oh, you went crit with sunder? That seems like forcing something that has poor support for it since axes and maces weapon wheels have no crit passives and the weapons themselves are only 5% base. I mean, you can do it, but seems like diminishing returns instead of switching to another build that would better support those currency investments.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

Do you have currency and decent gear? I can throw you a chunk of exalted orbs and some decent stuff to get you started

Deathwing Deathwing I went crit of course, that's one of the easiest ways to scale damage. I tested during mayhem to make sure having a shit weapon could kill shaper, basically making sure 250k dps was enough. That way I knew during abyss I could do it with decent currency. The introduction of Abyss jewels and those gauntlets powered me up hugely, well it powered everything up =)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you have currency and decent gear? I can throw you a chunk of exalted orbs and some decent stuff to get you started

Deathwing Deathwing I went crit of course, that's one of the easiest ways to scale damage. I tested during mayhem to make sure having a shit weapon could kill shaper, basically making sure 250k dps was enough. That way I knew during abyss I could do it with decent currency. The introduction of Abyss jewels and those gauntlets powered me up hugely, well it powered everything up =)

What's your resulting single target dps with your intended upgrades?

I'm not trying to dissuade you from playing the character, scale it however you like. I just couldn't get myself excited to scale non-crit sunder. Which is a shame because that fast-paced THUMP THUMP THUMP followed by bleed explosions is really fun.

I also had some minor niggles about maintaining Enduring Charges, Fortify, and AW/AC during fights. Well, I mean, they seem minor at first, but it really becomes annoying after a while, it disrupts the flow of combat too much since maintaining each of those does not work well with multi strike.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
My DPS right now is 500k+ on my in game tooltip which is more than plenty right now where I am not even worried about upgrading damage. I don't use end charges or fortify, I use arctic armor alone for defensive buffs besides my flasks. If I am doing something with heavy elemental damage Ill take off AA and Herald of Ash and use a level 20 purity depending on the elder guardian or if the map has 100% added fire damage etc. From this point on to 100 my last 5 points will go all into HP's.

Sunder the most important stat to scale above all is attack speed, you want it to be around .14aps range. Once I was at that point I modified my tree to crit. The 2% jewel from the Elder really goes a long way into making crit feel comfortable. You also always want to have a diamond flask up, you can see mine has duration + curse removal so I can do almost any map mod.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Trying lightning tendril build, can't find a scion tree for it through. Just need a basic cast while channeling lightning damage.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I know everyone hates comparison to Diablo. But I wish once you finish all the acts and storyline you could start a new character and just xp to lvl and not do the storyline. Guess you could but the skill point books :(

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's pretty fast to take a new char up to maps once you have your first one out of the way. Just get all your twink gear ready and roll with 3 quicksilvers the whole way smashing everything super fast.