Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a single steel ring drop so far. Been trying to craft it but sht rolls so far. Even blew a screaming essence that adds physical dmg but all the other rolls came out garbagr

Message me ive got 2 steel rings you can have. Im not an economy expert, i targeted 3 very specific things to sell and flip which in this game is enough to get rich.

@a_skeleton_03 message @Molly_Popping in game ill give you some EX to get you rerolled or start a new dude.

Just stole this for 30ex, gonna use it

upload_2018-1-1_16-29-52.png

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Anyone got lvl 8 tora? Actually nvm, I can't afford to do anything with it anyways. Rolled 3t1 suffix on an opal ring. Guess i'ma just hold on to it in case I get rich or get a really good offer for it. Attack speed + t1 fire res + t1 light res.

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I started the league using EE Cyclone Molten strike and it was working 'OK', but the clear speed was still lacking. After doing some research I farmed up and equipped 2 Oni-Goroshi (one with Frost Blades, the other with MS) which I weapon swap between clearing trash and bosses and my god it made things sooooooo much better. Nothing like cruising around clearing off screen packs with Frost Blades to the boss, swap to MS (if needed), burn it down and move on. I'm using the same character (it's not optimal I know, but I'm lazy) with a few tweaks mainly from respeccing passives from axes to swords and swapping out some jewels.

The not so great part is using Vaal Pact combined with Blood Rage and the Oni-Goroshi degen can make for some dicey situations so I have to carry an extra life flask to occasionally pop between packs.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They should nerf that sword if only because the popularity is not inline with how boring it is. It's an OP stat stick with nothing interesting. It "solves" the frost blades problem of having to close to melee range to finish off a pack's fatty by brute forcing the problem with raw dps.

I played around with the build on paper, feels like it leans too far into glass cannon territory. How far have you taken it?

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not too far, L90 and clearing Tier 13 maps so far, but with the damage I pump out I should be able to clear T15+ no problem, just really shitty map drops this league so far and I'm finally starting to buy missing maps. It is glass cannon, but with the mitigation, if I have my flask going, it's usually OK. I'm also rolling with only 5.8K so there is room for improvement there.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Finally found a use for the shaper freeze frames. Time to go thru my multitude of buffs and see which one is what. Oddly enough I can't do it in my hideout, or at least make the same number of buffs.

Jarex

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I started the league using EE Cyclone Molten strike and it was working 'OK', but the clear speed was still lacking. After doing some research I farmed up and equipped 2 Oni-Goroshi (one with Frost Blades, the other with MS) which I weapon swap between clearing trash and bosses and my god it made things sooooooo much better. Nothing like cruising around clearing off screen packs with Frost Blades to the boss, swap to MS (if needed), burn it down and move on. I'm using the same character (it's not optimal I know, but I'm lazy) with a few tweaks mainly from respeccing passives from axes to swords and swapping out some jewels.

The not so great part is using Vaal Pact combined with Blood Rage and the Oni-Goroshi degen can make for some dicey situations so I have to carry an extra life flask to occasionally pop between packs.

You can pretty much much totally mitigate the degen by using stone golem and a sulphur flask ( Obviously, no Vaal Pact ) - I went Scion Inquisitor/Raider for the perma frenzy/onslaught, damage mitigation, critical strike chance and elemental damage and currently only have 0.4% attack damage leech with 2 elder life gain on hit rings - originally planned on using thief's torment but bought my current 2 rings for less than 20c total.
Really fun and fast to level from 1 onwards, the insane cackling always gets me.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Jarex

Caliane

yeah, consecrated ground is a whopping 6% life regen. Stone golem is kindof weak imho. The flat value comes out small still. 105life/s is 1.75% of a 6k life pool.
Pretty sure I would be running a ruby flask(6%), and likely even purity of fire(0-4%). +10% max fire resist.

Pathfinder for 8% elem damage taken, and flask effect considered strongly as well..

Jarex

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Scion Inquisitor gives 8% reduced elem damage on consecrated ground which I'm almost always on - purity of fire means loss of Herald of Ash which isn't worth it. Planning on Kaom's Heart when/if I can afford it so ~7k hp at lvl 90

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can pretty much much totally mitigate the degen by using stone golem and a sulphur flask ( Obviously, no Vaal Pact ) - I went Scion Inquisitor/Raider for the perma frenzy/onslaught, damage mitigation, critical strike chance and elemental damage and currently only have 0.4% attack damage leech with 2 elder life gain on hit rings - originally planned on using thief's torment but bought my current 2 rings for less than 20c total.
Really fun and fast to level from 1 onwards, the insane cackling always gets me.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Jarex

Good advice thanks and something to keep in mind. If I were to do it again, I would go Slayer for the Overleech (Endless Hunger) and I still might if I'm really struggling in higher maps as I continue to progress as I'm digging this play style.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Is there a place steel rings are more likely to drop or is it all luck? Haven't found a single one yet.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's luck, but there are more maps that can drop them so they are dirt cheap to buy. There are some for sale for 3-4 chaos as of this post.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah flat damage isn't as in demand this season cause of the abyss jewels. Opals on the otherhand work quite well with flat damage!

Caliane

Is there a place steel rings are more likely to drop or is it all luck? Haven't found a single one yet.
ilevel 78 minimum.
I THINK its also specific maps, like the other top tier crafting bases.

The wiki's list of maps is partially wrong, its not updated for war for the atlas I think... The "atlas of worlds" maps are no longer options.
Steel Ring

Crimson temple, Factory, park, pit and villa may be the only maps?
Tora can sell as well t7-8.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So, almost done with my yellow tier maps(rerolled a bunch of times), not sure what to do with my reds. Complete them all for more bonus or just shape a few yellows? Not really looking to do sextant blocking because fuck farming for farming's sake. Also, the whole system sucks and needs to be reworked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh, if you're an attack build, you should be using a couple blind abyss gems. MUCH more reliable than ancient totem - blind or stibnite. At its peak defenses, my build has almost 30k armor and 75% avoid and yet it's not one of those "tanky" ascendancies.