Path of Exile

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
1)Yellow beasts at launch gave fuck all, reds slightly more while also being rare enough to not really matter. First week sets the expectations.
2)If you had enough nets on your first character while going through the story, then we were playing a diffrent game.
3) Doesn't change my point that capturing white ones is useless beyond a checkmark and mapping is where people spend bulk of their time. A lot of mobs are also only reachable in maps or prophecies.
4)Nets are inventory clutter that was literally only relevant on your first character, otherwise you just grab a stack of the best ones from your stash and you can nuke any beast you come across while leveling
5) I crashed 3 times while loading into Farrul fight on week 2 of the league, if it ate up all of my portals, I'd probably quit and never come back. I haven't seen another portal beast since.

I vividly recall capturing the unique flame hound in a6, only for the recipe to require 3 magic ones of the same type, I had to reset the map like 4 times before a pack of those spawned and I could receive my well designed reward.

The league was buggy as fuck, unpolished and even after some bandaids remains pretty boring. The only thing I applaud them for is re-adding orb of horizons, so red maps aren't such a pain in the ass. People voiced most of those concerns during their preview and were shut down, yet they made the exact fuckups everybody was worried about.

So basically you're just a crybaby who somehow thinks this league had a bunch of unique problems that literally every other league or patch or anything this game has ever put out hasn't had (hint: every single launch of anything has been buggy as fuck and unpolished and grindy etc.)

You say you've only seen one portal beast that you got in week 2 but a couple posts ago you said you flat out don't capture beasts and had no idea that the portal beasts were regular mobs with a specific mod, which one is it? You got a Farrul. Know how many Chayulas i've gotten since breach league was a thing? 0. I've probably gotten a grand total of 80 chayula splinters since breaches came in to existence.

Anyone defending how bestiary was when it launched is just a fucking idiot, not really worth debating the subject. Even GGG has admitted they fucked up bigtime.

Who's doing this, me? Can you name one single league that wasn't fucked when it launched and then improved in the first couple weeks?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Who's doing this, me? Can you name one single league that wasn't fucked when it launched and then improved in the first couple weeks?

You are. Just because GGG has a reputation of releasing buggy and unpolished shit and then fixing it in a few weeks does not mean that it is okay for them to do so. This league was also fucked up imo in a fundamentally different way than previous leagues. Bugs are understandable, emergent behavior that fucks shit up is understandable. Obvious implications of how the league interacts with players not being considered is unacceptable.

It also is still not in a good state atm. We are over a month in the league and they still haven't given us a way to empty our bestiary easily. They just fixed the bestiary filling up warnings. The recipes are bloated with garbage. You can still shatter corpses and not be able to use necro nets. You can still burst down beasts instantly in many cases.

Here is the money quote from Zaphid's post since apparently you didn't read it.
People voiced most of those concerns during their preview and were shut down, yet they made the exact fuckups everybody was worried about.

Exactly. It wasn't simply that they didn't test this league, or that some emergent behavior happened that ruined it. No, the problems with this league were 100% predicted before launch, they said they wouldn't be a problem, and then of course it was.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they just aimed their scope too high for what is considered a "league". I know it's a testing ground for new stuff but it is definitely incomplete. Like why doesn't it give me an option to boot out a dude I've caught once I captured another if it's full? I can't collapse the recipe tree either. There's no areas to "hunt", such as blah blah blah shield crabs only spawn in dark underground maps. So much potential.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
285avc.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I don't mind beastiary, there's plenty of other agitating things in the game to bug me than that. It's good for what it is though.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How many Beasts can the Menagerie hold? What happens if a cage gets full?
The Menagerie is quite big - it's spread over several game zones. There's a different cage per type of Beast and they can hold a limited number. If a cage is full and you capture another Beast of that type, then your worst current one is overwritten with the most recent. We're still balancing the number of each type of Beast you can store.

Why exactly do you need to clear out your menagerie?

You can see the beasts on the minimap from quite a long ways away, if you're instantly bursting one down then I say you just don't care about trying to catch them. They fixed it quite a while ago that you can just throw a net on a beast before attacking it and catch them quite easy with your "zomg i instant explode all the beasts! league sux!".

Here is the money quote from Zaphid's post since apparently you didn't read it.

Which part did I 'not read' that you think requires a response not covered by my previous post? Here i'll cover them all:

1. They upped loot on yellow/red beasts fairly quickly into the league (big shocker, they tweak stuff relating to rewards/difficulty as leagues go on! Oh wait, they've literally never done something like that in any previous league (lol))

2. Einhar shows up every time you capture a beast, if you didn't buy nets to capture stuff as you played through the league that's not the fault of the league design being "shit", that's your fault for not playing the league mechanics.

3. Capturing white beasts is useless except for completing the beastiary which is a challenge. I wonder if they've ever put anything else in a league just for a challenge... :emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:

4. I don't really understand this one. Are you upset that net tiers progress as you play your first char or are you upset because you can just grab a stack of strong steel nets on your later chars and in either case, why?

5. A fight was buggy early in the league. Lets ignore the fact that you got farrul (the highest level/rarest beast == chayula) in the 2nd week and didn't even lose the fight to the bugs, just a couple crashes (did you threaten to quit the game when colonnade and vault and maybe a couple other bosses got bugged out and would crash the game 2-5 times per attempt at them?). I have done 2 bird guys and 1 crab. No fenumus and no farrul and i've put a lot of hours into this league. Am I going to rage quit? Nope cause like i've said 5 times, I haven't even gotten enough chayula splinters combined in every single league since and including breach to make a chayula breachstone. So do you bash breach league for being shit because chayula was/is rare since portal beasts being rare is reason to bash this league?

PS: I've made 7exalts, probably a bit more, from selling beasts or items from beastcrafting this league and I haven't even done anything like mirror maps or make 6links or split items etc.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've been having a lot of fun with a Poet's Pen build that utilizes Elementalist(only sensible way to get elemental prolif on a PP build) Arc, Lightning Warp, and Inpulsa's for clearing, and Ball Lightning, Shock Nova, and MoM for face tanking bosses.

This is the first "dps while moving" build I've played that actually felt fun. Cyclone has always felt a bit slow and its AE size has kinda sucked since 2.6. Unarmed shield charge was too finicky to get reliable clearing. Cospri's discharge or autobomber would likely be similar but I haven't tried those because they don't look great for bosses. And I kinda hate the gotta clear gotta clear gotta clear mechanic behind Esh's Mirror.

Also, I guess the only way to make Lightning Warp feel good is to use an item that obviates the cast time. I also suspect using a quicksilver flask(my fault, really, I never put 2 and 2 together about movement speed when using the skill previously) and doing damage while casting helps as well(so you aren't fully focuses on how slow LW can feel). First build I've done that's topped 300M/hour in blood aqueducts. My KB Deadeye averaged 250M.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How many Beasts can the Menagerie hold? What happens if a cage gets full?
The Menagerie is quite big - it's spread over several game zones. There's a different cage per type of Beast and they can hold a limited number. If a cage is full and you capture another Beast of that type, then your worst current one is overwritten with the most recent. We're still balancing the number of each type of Beast you can store.

Why exactly do you need to clear out your menagerie?

You can see the beasts on the minimap from quite a long ways away, if you're instantly bursting one down then I say you just don't care about trying to catch them. They fixed it quite a while ago that you can just throw a net on a beast before attacking it and catch them quite easy with your "zomg i instant explode all the beasts! league sux!".

Which part did I 'not read' that you think requires a response not covered by my previous post? Here i'll cover them all:

1. They upped loot on yellow/red beasts fairly quickly into the league (big shocker, they tweak stuff relating to rewards/difficulty as leagues go on! Oh wait, they've literally never done something like that in any previous league (lol))

2. Einhar shows up every time you capture a beast, if you didn't buy nets to capture stuff as you played through the league that's not the fault of the league design being "shit", that's your fault for not playing the league mechanics.

3. Capturing white beasts is useless except for completing the beastiary which is a challenge. I wonder if they've ever put anything else in a league just for a challenge... :emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:

4. I don't really understand this one. Are you upset that net tiers progress as you play your first char or are you upset because you can just grab a stack of strong steel nets on your later chars and in either case, why?

5. A fight was buggy early in the league. Lets ignore the fact that you got farrul (the highest level/rarest beast == chayula) in the 2nd week and didn't even lose the fight to the bugs, just a couple crashes (did you threaten to quit the game when colonnade and vault and maybe a couple other bosses got bugged out and would crash the game 2-5 times per attempt at them?). I have done 2 bird guys and 1 crab. No fenumus and no farrul and i've put a lot of hours into this league. Am I going to rage quit? Nope cause like i've said 5 times, I haven't even gotten enough chayula splinters combined in every single league since and including breach to make a chayula breachstone. So do you bash breach league for being shit because chayula was/is rare since portal beasts being rare is reason to bash this league?

PS: I've made 7exalts, probably a bit more, from selling beasts or items from beastcrafting this league and I haven't even done anything like mirror maps or make 6links or split items etc.
Jesus you are a thick one.

What is "worse beast" ? level or rarity ? Since only the first beast decides the ilvl of the item, the beastmod is obviously pretty important, since even red beasts are kinda rare. Are my white high lvl beasts bumped out first or my low lvl red ones ?
1) generally they are nerfing stuff, the only two cases I recall of them specifically hugely buffing rewards were Harbingers. Essence and Liches were much less noticeable. IIRC Talisman was buffed a bit eventually, but that ilvl system was fucked from the start.
2) Are you seriously suggesting that people should be buying nets for transmutes/augs/alchs/chaos while leveling their first characters? Every other mechanic required zero investment to participate in.
3) Actually not, everything else generally benefits your character in some way, even if by extra pulls of the RNG lever. Like why doesn't capturing beasts award extra loot ? That would solve most of the issues right there.
4) It's shit design and they should know better by now, since the same people released Talisman.
5) You could run the Breachlords several times during Breach and people could choose not to and just sell the splinters. Here I don't even know if the lego beast I'm catching is good for anything until the recipe pops up and Eynhar shows up and I don't recall numerous people crashing in Chayula breaches.

It's pretty obvious for Abyss they overestimated a bit judging by the fact therre was supposed to be a third Lich, but for Bestiary they massively overshot with a system that looks interesting on the surface, but becomes the clunkier the more you use it and judging by the fact they aren't flouting player numbers, they felt that too. What carried this league is the Uber Elder and ascendancy reworks, not the league itself.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
They didn't make multiple patches saying they increased the rate at which depths and/or liches spawned? I must've imagined all those patch notes. How about the 3rd lich that resulted in a bugged fight since we had someone on these forums post about getting stuck in an empty lich room which i'm assuming was that 3rd lich? Oh no, let's just pretend that didn't happen. Why do you mention chayula bugging when I specifically mentioned colonnade boss and vault boss since those 2 affected massive amounts of players, if not all players? That's regular maps. That's not even bonus league content. That's a bugged fight in the base game. Let's pretend that didn't happen either. How about beyond where they had to nerf the beyond mobs multiple times because they were stupidly overtuned and that was hardcore so people lost characters to it. Nah, pretend it didn't happen cause only beastiary league has ever had issues!

You could run the breachstone several times during breach? Which one? The one I got 40 total splinters for during the entirety of the league because the breaches were as rare as divine/exalt drops and even when you managed to get one half the time it gave 0 splinters for a variety of reasons ranging from just not giving any to being in a shit spot on the map where it spawns 4 total mobs?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I wouldn't be so upset about bricking sets if it wasn't so retardedly time consuming/expensive to get them and i'm burnt out on just spamming maps for this league now.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well perhaps you should re-prioritize where you spend your exalts :p

I'll give you a shaper set on the house if you log on and try again.

Last edited:

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I made a video of wild strike inquisitor vs Shaper. Never really took him for a DPS test cause all I did was map and skip bosses to 95 lol. I was pleasantly surprised. I am thinking of making a guide for this guy, seems to be legit(at least at my level of gear).

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Only so many ideas to go around in games I guess. Eve online announced today at fan fest they are having an abyss expansion with items to randomly modify properties to ship modules like vaal orbs.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I made a video of wild strike inquisitor vs Shaper. Never really took him for a DPS test cause all I did was map and skip bosses to 95 lol. I was pleasantly surprised. I am thinking of making a guide for this guy, seems to be legit(at least at my level of gear).

Maybe there's something wrong with my ears. That distortion that I've been complaining on the fire attack? I can hear it your video.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Deathwing Deathwing It's louder but I don't consider it very distorted or annoying. It does sound out of place when compared to the other two elements.

Last edited: