Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like you want Diablo 3 since you can't trade and i've heard you can be in your perfect gearset with no reason to pick up a single item any more within a week.
If by that you mean I'd like a ssf league that actually has more than an hour's worth of programmer time invested into it, then yes. And yes I also enjoy playing the game 100x more once I get to the point where I can use my ultra strict loot filter. The amount of shit that drops with even just standard Neversink loaded is pure aids.

Complaining about price fixing is silly. Items are worth what people are willing to sell them for/buy them for.
Based on that reply I am not at all convinced you know what price fixing is.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
hrm

1525987907951.png

how is this not bis (other than HH)? steel / opal rings make it worth on their own?

Or does it just count for the belt and it had a 6% life new corrupted roll.....

edit: its gotta be local

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice demo of new skills

Most hype about Vaal Double Strike and Ground Slam. Although the new traps are neat, why do they need like 5 new gems? I've never trapped before, but it seems like a lot for essentially 1.5 ascendancies that can use traps(correct me if I am wrong here).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nice demo of new skills

Most hype about Vaal Double Strike and Ground Slam. Although the new traps are neat, why do they need like 5 new gems? I've never trapped before, but it seems like a lot for essentially 1.5 ascendancies that can use traps(correct me if I am wrong here).

rain of arrows nice alternative to tornado shot for clearing looks like

also how many elementalist trappers we gonna see hrmm

khalid

Unelected Mod
This league seems like its gonna drop hella loot, with new zones and mechanics to explore. Should be a lot of fun for most people.

Hopefully they have some really shitty rng-based crafting so Zombiewizardhawk has fun also.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So to plan ahead I'd like to join up with some of you if you do group things. Here's the deal, I am still semi-ish new to PoE, so for me, it actually takes like a week to get through the story. Can I get some pointers on how to make this shit faster in a new league? Do people group up or keep it solo or what?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So to plan ahead I'd like to join up with some of you if you do group things. Here's the deal, I am still semi-ish new to PoE, so for me, it actually takes like a week to get through the story. Can I get some pointers on how to make this shit faster in a new league? Do people group up or keep it solo or what?

Unfortunately solo is so much more efficient unless playing at the very highest levels

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Based on that reply I am not at all convinced you know what price fixing is.

You got me! I'm just a meth addled retard who hasn't played this game since closed beta and have no idea how the trading system works and what people do.

What exactly do you consider to be the terrible game ruining version of price fixing specifically?

This league seems like its gonna drop hella loot, with new zones and mechanics to explore. Should be a lot of fun for most people.

Hopefully they have some really shitty rng-based crafting so Zombiewizardhawk has fun also.

Nah, hopefully they make it so I can have 5000 exalts and a full set of perfectly rolled uniques and mirror tier gear for the slots I don't want uniques within 8 days of playing 2 hours a day. Also I want to be able to hit level 100 within 24 hours playtime.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande

It takes me about an hour per act, maybe a little longer on my first character. Speed mostly comes down to being familiar with the map layouts, especially in the bigger zones, and whether or not you choose to rush through it or pace yourself and kill more mobs/clear the zones.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EE's leveling guides: He goes into detail about how to recognize where the exits are in some of the more annoying maps. Act 10 is missing, but it's super linear, the main map is non-randomized, and you should already know where the other exits are. And to save time once you're actually playing, load this up, ideally on another monitor:

Other than that it's just a matter of not wasting time. Don't try to clear maps, don't let yourself get overleveled, only do skill point quests, do trials and labs asap for the ascendancy points. Have a plan ahead of time for what gems you need at what level, use a leveling loot filter (NOT Neversink standard, it's fucking awful after about level 12) etc.

You got me! I'm just a meth addled retard who hasn't played this game since closed beta and have no idea how the trading system works and what people do.
So have I.

What exactly do you consider to be the terrible game ruining version of price fixing specifically?
I didn't say it was "terrible game ruining," just one of several things that makes trading retarded. Poeapp.com less so since they added the ability to ignore the faggots (no idea if poe.trade does too now, haven't used it in a long time). They flood the market with offers they have no intention of ever responding to messages about and just generally make it shitty for everyone else trying to use the sites normally.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
New league sounds nice. Bex confirmed the Incursion stuff doesn't have a loading, so it's like breach where you pop it and start killing a bunch of shit while mapping or leveling, then you collect all your loot at the end instead of having to loot as you go, but the final system actually looks fun and easily accessible, you do 11 incursions then you can just walk your ass to the temple thing and start a run without needing shards of something or rare drops from some fucky boss or whatever. The fact you can somewhat try to affect the type of loot you get is great shit too although I'm not sure how it works.

New traps is kinda whatever, that's a fuckton of new ones even though there were already quite a lot of traps. Wish they did the same shit for summons. The icetrap that gives you life/mana regen sounds good for killing bosses and shit though, that's a nice addition, but I doubt they needed to add so many new traps, especially several per element. Like that's what, 3 fire traps? Explosire, Flamethrower and the old Fire trap? I guess fire does have 2 mods of dealing damage so having different traps makes sense, just feels pretty meh. Oh well it's still a nice addition especially reworking all the vaal skills. Those purity vaal seem pretty fucking strong, especially for supports.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
New league sounds nice. Bex confirmed the Incursion stuff doesn't have a loading, so it's like breach where you pop it and start killing a bunch of shit while mapping or leveling, then you collect all your loot at the end instead of having to loot as you go, but the final system actually looks fun and easily accessible, you do 11 incursions then you can just walk your ass to the temple thing and start a run without needing shards of something or rare drops from some fucky boss or whatever. The fact you can somewhat try to affect the type of loot you get is great shit too although I'm not sure how it works.

New traps is kinda whatever, that's a fuckton of new ones even though there were already quite a lot of traps. Wish they did the same shit for summons. The icetrap that gives you life/mana regen sounds good for killing bosses and shit though, that's a nice addition, but I doubt they needed to add so many new traps, especially several per element. Like that's what, 3 fire traps? Explosire, Flamethrower and the old Fire trap? I guess fire does have 2 mods of dealing damage so having different traps makes sense, just feels pretty meh. Oh well it's still a nice addition especially reworking all the vaal skills. Those purity vaal seem pretty fucking strong, especially for supports.

With traps they are obviously throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Some will prob be garbage and some will prob be stupid op.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I might buy one of these supporter packs when the Sin and Innocence mystery box's contents come to the store as regular items so I can finish my sinnocence set. But, uh, fuck these packs otherwise. Chris was saying in the interview ZiggyD published today that they get most of their revenue from the lower price packs. Which I believe, but that trend isn't going to continue. The War, Harbinger, Bestiary, and Incursion packs have all been subpar. Abyss packs were both good though.