Path of Exile

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Two early patch note changes there too.

j3z4os3q2d121.jpg

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gonna try and make my own build to start out on this league. Probably a bad idea, but I want to try it out. I want to do CoC since I've never tried it, with Cyclone which I've also never tried. I'm thinking discharge and some of the new frost spells with Cospri's Malice and Trickster. Can this work?

Also was gonna try something with mana reservation, zealots oath and MOM. But that seems tricky and probably over my head. Also might just be a bad idea. Any suggestions? My main questions are how much charge generation do I need for discharge? Would other skills such as pure cold be a better option? If I go pure cold damage I might do Jugg or Raider.

Also how does Cospiris and/or CoC work with channeled spells like frozen orb?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Gonna try and make my own build to start out on this league. Probably a bad idea, but I want to try it out. I want to do CoC since I've never tried it, with Cyclone which I've also never tried. I'm thinking discharge and some of the new frost spells with Cospri's Malice and Trickster. Can this work?

Also was gonna try something with mana reservation, zealots oath and MOM. But that seems tricky and probably over my head. Also might just be a bad idea. Any suggestions? My main questions are how much charge generation do I need for discharge? Would other skills such as pure cold be a better option? If I go pure cold damage I might do Jugg or Raider.

Also how does Cospiris and/or CoC work with channeled spells like frozen orb?
Cospri's Malice and Trickster CAN work, but it's generally better to go with Assassin. Discharge has a few required uniques along with some strongly suggested uniques. I would make sure you like the playstyle first before you fully commit to it as the required uniques can make you squishy.

Outside of Discharge, typical setups I've seen are a clearing skill in Cospri's and single target(Glacial Cascade) in your CoC links.

No idea about channeled skills like Winter's Orb. My guess is that it's technically a totem, like Mirage Archer, and any crits it lands won't count? For instance, Mirage Archer linked to Onslaught Support will never proc Onslaught. But then again, Mirage Archer is a support and Winter's Orb is an active skill, so who knows? Almost certainly though, I doubt it will attack fast enough for you to be satisfied with its proc performance in single target.

Unrelated musing: is Inpulsa's overrated? I know it feels awesome to chain blowup 2 screens of monsters, but is that effectively that much better than blowing up a pack? Depending on the map, there's a decent chance that blowing up that many monsters is "overkill". As in, you're going to have to travel through their corpses anyway, thus very little time saved.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You don't always have to travel over their corpses though. Inpulsa can do stuff like wipe out the annoying deadends in UGS from offscreen and you don't ever have to go there unless something triggers your loot filter. For linear maps, and stuff like Haunted Mansion where you're going to follow a strict path no matter what, yeah it really doesn't speed things up at all.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I've had my fun with totems I think, what's a decent tankier/melee build to start the new league with?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should probably wait on the patch notes. Jugg is a pretty safe bet on being tanky, but what skill to go with depends on what they nerf, buff, and the effectiveness of the new abilities which historically have a 50/50 chance of being total shit or OP.

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
I started off trying a champion and i messed him all up, so I tried a Elementalist that used consecrated path and pets. Highest I ever got a toon and futhest also. Im thinking of trying this again on Betrayal but idk. I feel like I could make some changes and this would be better, I know if I had a better helm enchant it would help and some other pieces just not sure what.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Between banners and this like what the fuck is going on. People going to just have shit all over the screen playing the game for them. Not sure how I feel about it.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont know what to make of that.
Heiro/scion extra totem probably getting changed again?

3.5 looks like some SERIOUS meta fuckery. Coc, totems, insane new skills. stat sticks getting nerfed?

2 at once, should make searing bond very interesting?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but summoning two totems at once is a massive upside, maybe even enough to overcome the numerical inferiority. I'd have to play around with it to be sure.
Yes, it's more utility than it is dps. Let me edit my math, since the support part and gem level was wrong.

X > (X + 2) * 0.8 / (1 + Y)

X being the original totem count and Y being the average more% from the 6th link. Assuming Y = 0.35, the equation balances at X > 2.909.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well something scales with level. The 40% less damage is the prime candidate, in the same way as chain/gmp, etc.
using those as examples, I think we can guess 20-25%.