Path of Exile

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh.

They should steal that ground effect and give it to Ice Storm too though. Doesn't look like this new effect has the issue with transparency(?) causing an exponential increase in GPU load when you start stacking them on top of each other.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Occultist changes are pretty cool too, haven't played one yet and like the idea of doing something with cold snap and arctic breath.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the Occultist change? Didn't see anything specific listed in the master thread over on reddit.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
What's the Occultist change? Didn't see anything specific listed in the master thread over on reddit.

From the announcement thread on the official forums:

To let you further invest in Cold Damage Over Time, we've added a new kind of stat, Cold Damage over Time Multiplier. This can be found on new weapon, jewel and shaper mods on items, and on Cold clusters on the passive tree, as well as new notables on the Occultist. This multiplies all of your Cold Damage over Time, giving you another axis of investment. This will help the damage of this build compete with the damage growth of other hit or ailment based skills. All sources of Cold Damage over Time Multiplier add together, then multiply the cold damage over time you deal.

We're also giving Chaos Damage over Time the same treatment, adding non-ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier to items, passives and the Occultist.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They're doubling down on that? Ugh. I was really hoping all that extra "Damage with Ailments with Attack Skills" text spam was temporary.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't get the point of Storm Call. It's less damage per cast and dps than many other spells. Is it one of those skills that needs a rework soon?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Storm Call was wrecking shit when built right, probably needs some QoL but the damage is absolutely there with the right weapon.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Storm Call was the must have for lightning casters vs bosses before Arc and everything was redone. Vaal Storm Call is very VERY powerful right now, but most Vaal damage skills are.

I was a freezing (call of brotherhood) arc caster wayyy back when before even breach league and I used storm call for bosses.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah but summoning two totems at once is a massive upside, maybe even enough to overcome the numerical inferiority. I'd have to play around with it to be sure.

I dunno, my last totem build (and every totem build I've ever played) was able to keep up with summoning totems just fine, i'd never take another huge damage hit for a bit faster uptime.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I don't get the point of Storm Call. It's less damage per cast and dps than many other spells. Is it one of those skills that needs a rework soon?

Wat? Did you not watch mathils storm call vids from Delve (or any of the other leagues he's done it)? It smashes stuff, especially with the way vaal gems work now.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This game looks a lot better then I remember it doing. Been a few years since I played though, is it on a new engine or something?

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it's just the effect of continuous minor improvements over several years.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They did redo the lightning like 2 major patches ago or whenever that was, so it looks better now.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, continuous changes. Water was overhauled. which was a HUGE difference. theres alot of water in the game.
New zones, and acts 5-10 brought new artwork. and much of it was better looking in general.
Which again, even much of the old zones got some touchups to keep in in line. Twilight strand does look much better now.

Delve, was a changing in global illumination, and point light shadows.

old:
poe3.jpg

new:
8JKouzr.png

oh, and Minimap was GREATLY improved.

Last edited: