Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I don't understand that statement either? 10ex to 1 mirror for dual wield to work wat?

I am certain BV will get its nerf, guess it just won't be due to the stat sticks.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It would be pretty cool if they nerfed BV damage moderately and made it instant cast. Smooth playstyle for main skilling and lots of utility for applying on-hit effects in tons of builds.

I actually can't think of anything I want to start the league with now that isn't JUST a starter build. You know, something that can go starter through to the end game. Mines and BV are janky, arc traps have been nerfed(in the worst way possible), molten strike got a slight toning down(which it deserves) but I just played that for 3.4.

I'd pick a CoC build, but no way is that a good starter.

Last edited:

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Making it instacast would then remove the purpose of stacking it as an opportunity cost, since you would just be spamming it at max stacks all day long. Might as well make it one stack.

My CoC build will be second; currently planning to do either champion 2h impale, or some kind of Ice Spear/Winter Orb/Arctic Breath/cold caster thingy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Making it instacast would then remove the purpose of stacking it as an opportunity cost, since you would just be spamming it at max stacks all day long. Might as well make it one stack.

My CoC build will be second; currently planning to do either champion 2h impale, or some kind of Ice Spear/Winter Orb/Arctic Breath/cold caster thingy.
Opportunity cost still exists in devoting supports and links to make maintaining those stacks worth anything. There are many builds that don't have to stop to dps. Not coincidentally, to me at least, these are the best builds :)

Before 3.4, you couldn't maintain Arcane Surge without stopping to cast, playing a Hiero, or stupidly linking it to your dps skill. Now you can, and the game is better for it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol. Dancing duo makes BV look like a "sad joke". Nice meme.
Did you miss the HoAg part?

Edit: To clarify, I've seen 50+ex BV videos where they kill uber elder in 2:45 or so. Both HoAg/DD and DD/Spectres/Animate Guardian can do it in pretty much 3 minutes on the dot, for a small fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I don't understand that statement either? 10ex to 1 mirror for dual wield to work wat?

I am certain BV will get its nerf, guess it just won't be due to the stat sticks.

What weapon other than a couple builds that can use a cheap unique (ie builds that actually use rares) can do end-game content with a shit-tier rare weapon. My BV/Flurry char in beastiary used a claw that was worth about 10ex and it was decent but as I said before even with that and a decent stat stick it was still shit damage compared to my 8ex total ele hit scion in delve...

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
Might wanna wait on that haha
It's pretty shitty checking out self-cast builds and just seeing a million BV variations, hoping for lots of changes tomorrow.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
What weapon other than a couple builds that can use a cheap unique (ie builds that actually use rares) can do end-game content with a shit-tier rare weapon. My BV/Flurry char in beastiary used a claw that was worth about 10ex and it was decent but as I said before even with that and a decent stat stick it was still shit damage compared to my 8ex total ele hit scion in delve...

My dual ahn's might cleave jugg did Uber Elder. I think I bought them both for 10c each. Boss DPS was like 600k!

Opportunity cost still exists in devoting supports and links to make maintaining those stacks worth anything. There are many builds that don't have to stop to dps. Not coincidentally, to me at least, these are the best builds :)

Before 3.4, you couldn't maintain Arcane Surge without stopping to cast, playing a Hiero, or stupidly linking it to your dps skill. Now you can, and the game is better for it.

That's a support buff you are comparing to rather than a main DPS skill. What main DPS skill does not stop to cast/attack something?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Missed that part. Hard to say. Very few. You can expect that anyone that makes it to uber elder will have several exalts invested. Also depends on your playstyle, skill level, and knowledge of the fight. Not a lot of people are comfortable with melee builds, regardless of investment. I play melee builds 80% of the time, so I could have probably used your BFlurry build from bestiary and shit on elder pretty easily. From a DPS:Currency Invested perspective, shit gets pretty unbalanced.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My dual ahn's might cleave jugg did Uber Elder. I think I bought them both for 10c each. Boss DPS was like 600k!

That's a support buff you are comparing to rather than a main DPS skill. What main DPS skill does not stop to cast/attack something?
Consecrated Path
Flicker Strike
Cyclone(I'll admit this one is debatable)
Charged Dash
Many autobomber builds based on dual Heralds or triggering uniques. These are going to increase dramatically with the return of CoC.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Consecrated Path/Flicker Strike I'll give you that they don't stop moving, but they don't have the same control as moving around with really high movespeed(ie: quicksilver popped), which definitely comes into play during boss fights(uber elder). Cyclone is middle groundish. Charged Dash though....what are you doing during the charge? Autobombers don't kill bosses, so that's only half of the equation.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Missed that part. Hard to say. Very few. You can expect that anyone that makes it to uber elder will have several exalts invested. Also depends on your playstyle, skill level, and knowledge of the fight. Not a lot of people are comfortable with melee builds, regardless of investment. I play melee builds 80% of the time, so I could have probably used your BFlurry build from bestiary and shit on elder pretty easily. From a DPS:Currency Invested perspective, shit gets pretty unbalanced.

Yes but could you shit on him with a 300dps claw that has 7% crit and no stat stick to boost your damage? My damage was acceptable with a damn good claw and a decent stat stick but only acceptable, nowhere near fantastic.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Most likely I could have...but I also didn't play this whole league so if you asked me to do it right now I don't think I could without a few sets to practice. It isn't too different from Ahn's might in functionality(melee weapon with 300ish dps) though. I would then be using bladeflurry instead of cleave which would make it a lot easier tbh!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Consecrated Path/Flicker Strike I'll give you that they don't stop moving, but they don't have the same control as moving around with really high movespeed(ie: quicksilver popped), which definitely comes into play during boss fights(uber elder). Cyclone is middle groundish. Charged Dash though....what are you doing during the charge? Autobombers don't kill bosses, so that's only half of the equation.
I use autobomber to classify any build that moves and kills at the same time, maybe that's a misuse. Mjolner, Cospris, Poets Pen all fit under this and can easily kill bosses.

I don't like Charged dash buts it's a delayed move and kill. It techincally counts but in a janky way, likely why I don't play it.

I'll probably do a MF FB deadeye until something interesting solidifies. Too many established builds are under the gun. I'm hoping someone figures out a tanky CoC build because I sure haven't.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
calling poets pen gets raped and mjolner buffed mjolner new poets pen somehow

so fucking glad I went pp last league to experience the glory one last time

Xevy

Log Wizard
Going to be a lot of CoC tanky builds. Especially since you'll probably stack high aps and crit. Then use claws for flat life gain or +life gain on hit gem if you can afford it. I'm excited to see what we can do.