Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m at a point in my Ele Hit build where I really need a xoph’s blood to push my dps to the limit and even then maybe not.

I’m considering re-rolling. What’s a good build to just see shaper with? Necro?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Looking around for a fun, cheap, starter Cyclone build has been annoying. Most of what I've seen is "Oh, you can't make this build work unless you have X items" or "Oh, you won't actually use this build until lvl65 and a few respecs!".

Builds should have variations starting from base "it just works!" to "optimized for insanity!".

Im bad at this game but I found cyclone to suck terribly without good gear. I'm trying to make funds to get decent stuff because I like the way it plays. I'm not sure if melee is just gimped in this game or what but I've done some public maps with other people who clear faster than I can just run trying to keep up with them. Money I guess, I'm pretty limited on my 1ex budget so I don't pay much attention to the 1M+DPS shaper builds and whatnot and I just don't like ranged.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im bad at this game but I found cyclone to suck terribly without good gear. I'm trying to make funds to get decent stuff because I like the way it plays. I'm not sure if melee is just gimped in this game or what but I've done some public maps with other people who clear faster than I can just run trying to keep up with them. Money I guess, I'm pretty limited on my 1ex budget so I don't pay much attention to the 1M+DPS shaper builds and whatnot and I just don't like ranged.
Yea, I went with an Arc Totem build made by Zizarin(?) and its been fine. No real issues with anything in the Story except Kizata or whatever its name was (act 10), but that was mainly due to the cramped space and going in blind. Seems to be 3 melee based builds that wreck stuff pretty hard - cyclone, righteous fire and brands.

What I really want is a build that is close to how fun the D3 Necro was at its release, using Inarius / Mirai Tear. Just run around with that bone shield aoe and mirai proc'ing like mad. Was fun.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I’m working toward it. I’m just not seeing the dps even with that.

What build are you doing? When I respecced my scion to ele hit in delve it was pretty freakin sexy dps. Entire budget on the char was under 10ex. Paid 6ex I think for my 6link chin sol and lets say 2ex for kaoms (realistically less than 2ex for kaoms tho) and 2ex for assorted other gear (found the yoke of suffering myself but they were like 70c or something I think, maybe not even that much?) Chin Sol for bosses and get a porcupine card or buy any random 6link bow for 1div orb and use a +2 gems essence on it and use it for map clear. Ez pz. I think my avg hit was 110-150k+ on shaper (hit not dps).

Ele Thicc is what I basically copied almost exactly as far as skill tree and links.

Last edited:

Caeden

What build are you doing? When I respecced my scion to ele hit in delve it was pretty freakin sexy dps. Entire budget on the char was under 10ex. Paid 6ex I think for my 6link chin sol and lets say 2ex for kaoms (realistically less than 2ex for kaoms tho) and 2ex for assorted other gear (found the yoke of suffering myself but they were like 70c or something I think, maybe not even that much?) Chin Sol for bosses and get a porcupine card or buy any random 6link bow for 1div orb and use a +2 gems essence on it and use it for map clear. Ez pz. I think my avg hit was 110-150k+ on shaper (hit not dps).

Ele Thicc is what I basically copied almost exactly as far as skill tree and links.
I’m dong Ele Hit/avatar of fire. I probably just need to keep running. I’m hitting around 70k per Hit and I’ve spent maybe 0.5ex.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
uber elder fucked me in the ass good. Back to the drawing board with that one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you log in today you get a free Fairgraves mystery box when you open up the in game shop. I received the Corsair footprints effect. Well played GGG, now I want more.

Got the corsair staff. Actually not mad at that at all, just in time for whispering ice.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m dong Ele Hit/avatar of fire. I probably just need to keep running. I’m hitting around 70k per Hit and I’ve spent maybe 0.5ex.

Ele hit has no ceiling so youre doing something different. +3 bow w/ 20% more damage + extra arrow is around 75ex or without the arrow its around 15ex. Elemental weapon dps also heavily relies that kind of damage on your jewelry and belt. I would also guess you don't have +40 WED +20 fire + flat fire damage rings or belt. You can also get a quiver with an extra arrow and WED 40% on the quiver with IAS as well.

• 1Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Yea, I went with an Arc Totem build made by Zizarin(?) and its been fine. No real issues with anything in the Story except Kizata or whatever its name was (act 10), but that was mainly due to the cramped space and going in blind. Seems to be 3 melee based builds that wreck stuff pretty hard - cyclone, righteous fire and brands.

What I really want is a build that is close to how fun the D3 Necro was at its release, using Inarius / Mirai Tear. Just run around with that bone shield aoe and mirai proc'ing like mad. Was fun.

Funny thing is on my shitty cyclone guy and my actually pretty decent sunder build Kitava was a joke, I was surprised to hear people find it hard. I’m doing t8 stuff easily with sunder, still trying to get the 6th fucking trial so I can actually get into Uber lab. I think I’m up to 20 offerings from trials but still missing the 6th trial. Hopefully that’ll help me get some currency to build the cyclone properly and move to upper tier maps.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
haha you're on the same fucking quest spot I am too. Fucking shaper deaths.

Yea I tried elder 3 times and shaper died all 3 times, so my dps just isn't up to snuff to finish it currently. I've made some upgrades since my last try with tombfist/molten strike helm so maybe it'll be enough now, if I can get the elder blob to move back up to t12+.

Caeden

Ele hit has no ceiling so youre doing something different. +3 bow w/ 20% more damage + extra arrow is around 75ex or without the arrow its around 15ex. Elemental weapon dps also heavily relies that kind of damage on your jewelry and belt. I would also guess you don't have +40 WED +20 fire + flat fire damage rings or belt. You can also get a quiver with an extra arrow and WED 40% on the quiver with IAS as well.
so really, it’s all about currency for me. And maybe a mild rebuild. After playing with my POB some, I need to nab about 7ex worth of gear to hit about 1mil at distance, 2mil up close. Might be doable in my limited time.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My knowledge of Delve is pretty low, but I've seen some Currency nodes out in the middle of nowhere. These are blocked off by the fractured walls, but finding those walls is the hard part. So tonight I am presented with this setup:
delving.jpg

The top currency node "should" be accessed via the node connected with the yellow line, since it only has 2 connections... which apparently should not be a thing, so the fractured wall is around there. The bottom one has me baffled, all the nodes around it have the proper amount of connections (1, 3, or 4). There is one node with 3 connections, and the currency node could be the 4th, but I found nothing out in the darkness.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The bottom one has me baffled ... I found nothing out in the darkness.

Looks to me like it's from the left or top. Left only (between azurite and currency node) if the pinned node on the right has another connection out of frame.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My knowledge of Delve is pretty low, but I've seen some Currency nodes out in the middle of nowhere. These are blocked off by the fractured walls, but finding those walls is the hard part. So tonight I am presented with this setup:

The top currency node "should" be accessed via the node connected with the yellow line, since it only has 2 connections... which apparently should not be a thing, so the fractured wall is around there. The bottom one has me baffled, all the nodes around it have the proper amount of connections (1, 3, or 4). There is one node with 3 connections, and the currency node could be the 4th, but I found nothing out in the darkness.
delving.jpg

My delving is a bit rusty this league because of how much of a dumpster fire it was at release, but I think those are all the possible paths.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The one on the top is 99.9% coming from that weapons node area. The one on the bottom is most likely between the azurite and the completed node above it on the left. Sometimes the walls are in the darkness right around the node end-points so make sure you scout those too and not just between the nodes.