Path of Exile

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
If you want to make currency you need to trade it, that or get lucky with drops.

You can make easily 20-30 ex a week but it requires a 24/7 login and you actually being there to move stuff about.

Other than that it's about who is fastest.

And farming delves does not make you tons of cash tbh unless you can be arsed to sell the fossils and trade out the smaller currencies and nobody has time to sit there and sell do they? The average player makes very little as it's time consuming.

What do you mean you need to trade it?

I'm in the same boat as Noodle. I have 5EX since the league started. I lucked up with a couple drops really to get even that.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just post your game name and I can grab ya for an invite
IGN: AgedLikeWine

Making money by actively playing? From my total newb perspective, its Delving. I get excited if I see a Delve map so I can fill up my sulphite again. I also sell the Goddes things from doing the Trials in Maps, it'll be awhile til I do the Uber Lab, so not in a rush and the money will help me get better gear.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
What do you mean you need to trade it?

I'm in the same boat as Noodle. I have 5EX since the league started. I lucked up with a couple drops really to get even that.

Trading it means buying and selling currency, if you look at poe.ninja it will show you the rates over time.

Most people flip exalts at the start of the league as they can be 20-50 chaos the first few days. But you can buy any currency and play the flipping game. People trade the shit out of the first few days and make hundreds of exalts.

Korrupt Korrupt can probably tell you alot more about that as he levels and trades fast in the early game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
IGN: AgedLikeWine

Making money by actively playing? From my total newb perspective, its Delving. I get excited if I see a Delve map so I can fill up my sulphite again. I also sell the Goddes things from doing the Trials in Maps, it'll be awhile til I do the Uber Lab, so not in a rush and the money will help me get better gear.

Invited

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This being my first time playing PoE, I've already learned so much from you guys, and I appreciate it. I still have a ton more to learn, particularly in regards to crafting, but I'm light years ahead of where I started. I feel like I'm kind of hitting a wall with my build, but I think that's mostly a function of the build itself. I'm DomBlow/HoP, so if there is a boss or a pack of shit out of the blue and I have no minions up, I have to run in and hit and kill several of them so my dudes pop, and sometimes that's almost instant death. My resists are all max except chaos, but lightning debuffed can still fuck me up. I have a few more life nodes to hit in the next couple of levels (I'm 84 maybe?), but overall my health is ok (5.5k maybe?). It just isn't made to tank or dps shit down, that's what all my little dudes are for, so if they aren't around at first I can get raped. Next league I'm going to do a jugg I think, so I can tank more stuff, because that's how I play almost all of these games for the most part. Not dedicated enough to switch over in the middle of this league, and I'll want a reason to play the next one (besides "new shit"), so I'll stick with this one and try to make it better. I still have trouble with yellow maps over tier 4, depending upon the mods, and occasionally something just insta-kills me, but I think that can happen to anyone.

Anyway, not really sure the point of this, but I wanted to acknowledge how much you guys have helped and improved the fun I'm having with this game by knowing some of what the fuck is going on. Thanks!

Oh, and I'm ToadkillerDog in game, in case you're wondering who that annoying fag is asking all the dumb questions.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Hey Void Void awesome times. Don't worry - you'll improve every league. In Abyss I got up to level 89 and quit. In Beast, I made it to 90 and quit, but could never do t15 maps. In incursion I made it to 92 and t16 maps, but only killed hydra and could not kill the others. In Delve, I actually made it to 95 and same t16 map situation. This league, I'm 94 already, and cleared all the atlas. I just killed Shaper for the first time ever yesterday, died 11 times learning it lol, I had no idea what to do, but now that I do it should be pretty easy going forward.

So yeah, you'll get better every league. Don't sweat it and just have fun.

Also, most people run many builds over the course of a league.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Can't decide on to put in my Cospri's Malice.

Frostbolt paired with Ice Nova or Freezing Pulse? Really like the clear speed on Freezing Pulse but Ice Nova is more dps.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Trading it means buying and selling currency, if you look at poe.ninja it will show you the rates over time.

Most people flip exalts at the start of the league as they can be 20-50 chaos the first few days. But you can buy any currency and play the flipping game. People trade the shit out of the first few days and make hundreds of exalts.

Korrupt Korrupt can probably tell you alot more about that as he levels and trades fast in the early game.

Christ this game is a little too much of an investment and the need of some extensive knowledge. I still have no idea what maps spawn my last two trials!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
End game trials are random in end game maps. But yeah, teh currency flipping is nice but requires some patience. I've been trying to flip the past few days when i was off work and it seems its hard to get yourself going if you're not at the start.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The first few days you can make out like bandit if you run in a group and sell maps. Reason being maps are super valuable in the beginning and I think(?) the only thing that increases map drop rate is innate map quant (the quant you craft onto the map) and the quant you get from being in a group. I could be completely off base on that though. You can make mirrors in the first few days if you rush to red maps by day 2 and just start selling all your map drops while keeping your sustain. Want to try it some time but the people I play with have weird schedules.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The first few days you can make out like bandit if you run in a group and sell maps. Reason being maps are super valuable in the beginning and I think(?) the only thing that increases map drop rate is innate map quant (the quant you craft onto the map) and the quant you get from being in a group. I could be completely off base on that though. You can make mirrors in the first few days if you rush to red maps by day 2 and just start selling all your map drops while keeping your sustain. Want to try it some time but the people I play with have weird schedules.

You can also increase map drops with the scarabs, which I guarantee you the map farmers were gobbling up since they were extremely cheap too before anyone knew what they did.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Christ this game is a little too much of an investment and the need of some extensive knowledge. I still have no idea what maps spawn my last two trials!

I hit lvl88 with like 15 offerings before I got the last trial. They could stand to make it a little bit less rng.

On another note, anyone have good melee stuff in standard they want to let go for cheap? Going to do a double strike champion because I suck at dodging.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Got my arc totem guy to 92, and made a Storm Brand Witch, got the witch to 86 and killed Red Elder for the first time (well, first time attempting ANY Elder actually), died twice to shit I never saw coming due to lack of experience I think.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

You and Warmuth Warmuth should go to Global 820 (/global 820 in chat window) and look for people that are giving away trials they find in maps. This is also a good place to find any Lab carries or unique map completions.

Question about the new Zana map inventory. Does she reset daily, every time you find her in maps and complete the quest, the first time you find her in maps and complete the quest, or only on completion of her quest inside the daily spawn?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Curious about Zana too. She hasn't refilled her inventory in days for me. Completed her wrist several times.

How risky is RMT in PoE? Tempted to toss 20$ into buying exalts and skip the farming. (The shame of this is real)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean there is usually a ban wave that goes out to the bots about a month into the league. I don't know if it effects the buyers though. I've never been reprimanded but I haven't bought currency for over a year (since the management change, ie Tencent). I've also never heard of somebody getting banned for buying. Maybe selling.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
You and Warmuth Warmuth should go to Global 820 (/global 820 in chat window) and look for people that are giving away trials they find in maps. This is also a good place to find any Lab carries or unique map completions.

Question about the new Zana map inventory. Does she reset daily, every time you find her in maps and complete the quest, the first time you find her in maps and complete the quest, or only on completion of her quest inside the daily spawn?

I had to run a few times in uber lab before I settled down and stopped dying in traps. I ended up with a good amount of offerings to do runs with but Im not getting much out of it so far. Also takes me like 20 minutes to do a run because I cant super mario my way through it like the pros, I fucking leap slam like a drunkard. I don't know how to make money selling the enchants though so I'm not really getting out of it what I should be. I've gotten as many as 8 keys but the only really decent drops I've gotten were a bunch of 19% gems.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Has anyone ever used one of the services you can buy on the forums where someone will enchant your hat for you?

I would like a molten strike enchant but the thought of doing uber lab more than once makes me want to throw myself out the window - people want stupid amounts for a hat to buy.

Trying to save for a headhunter as I got the prophecy that gave me the mobs mods for a while and it was seriously nuts, my DPS went apeshit and I had 11k HP and 3k E/S on top. Never had that before but it made me think it must be a great item for fun.