Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any of you run a physical ranger that can tell me how the nerfs hit?

Anyone interested in trading a lot of PoE currency --> D3 at a rate thats fair to both? Have 40ish exalteds, 80 chaos, 8 Divine, and a shit ton of the other currencies. PM me if interested, wont be until tomorrow night.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you're physical you probably have a billion more dmg, and not much if any nerfs. Guess it kinda depends on your build. They nerfed elemental weapon dmg nodes, static blows, Elemental Adaptation, the resist with shield templar node and maybe some other stuff I forgot. They massively buffed physical dmg nodes and especially melee ones, as well as weapon critical nodes(like crit with bow, crit with dagger etc). In terms of skills and stuff, they fixed bugs so Rain of Arrows can now miss, chain/fork now do not reset the distance of the projectile(so slow projectiles might disapear before they reach their final targets with chain, sometimes and the other side effect is you can't abuse point blank with chain/fork to do PB dmg at range). Don't think anything else?

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn im going to have to login when I get home and check my ranger. I was 100% physical with a lions bow and did most crit nodes I could.

Thanks P

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool if you're back on I am in need of fusings, and will take any you've got. I have only two exalted tho (lol) but I have a ton of leveling uniques and gems to trade if anything interests you, will link to ya when you're on.

Edit - Nvmind misread your post. Well if you do still feel like cleaning your stash of fusings let me know
tongue.png

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I'm also thinking loot allocation could have like 6 choices and not be overwhelming. FFA, 5, 10, 15-20, 30 seconds or forever. Not much different then 3 choices but gives the group flexibility.

Do you guys feel the hardcore crowd complaining about the 4 months league is valid or whining? I'm definitely making my next char in Anarchy, or Onslaught if I want HC. So none of those go into the regular HC league before the end of Onslaught in 4 months. But I still mostly play races and havent done merciless or maps or anything.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has a suggestion on how to build a melee Shadow ? I find myself rolling new characters all the time, once I have to actually grind and farm the game stops being much fun.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm also thinking loot allocation could have like 6 choices and not be overwhelming. FFA, 5, 10, 15-20, 30 seconds or forever. Not much different then 3 choices but gives the group flexibility.

Do you guys feel the hardcore crowd complaining about the 4 months league is valid or whining? I'm definitely making my next char in Anarchy, or Onslaught if I want HC. So none of those go into the regular HC league before the end of Onslaught in 4 months. But I still mostly play races and havent done merciless or maps or anything.
I've read a few of the discussions on the two new leagues and haven't came across any convincing points as to why they are not a good thing. So far it seems almost exactly the same to the ladders in D2. New economy is always nice to play in and of course there will still be people playing in the other leagues.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Which new league is everyone choosing? I don't really get them, Anarchy is softcore with hostile rogues and Onslaught is mini-turbo hardcore? Why on earth would they make them different instead of the same thing, one simply being softcore and the other being hardcore? Now it seems like everyone is going to miss out on one or the other.

Charles_sl

shitlord
Yeah Anarchy sounds pretty fun, I imagine being in a tough fight and then random hostile rogue pops up and tries to gank me. Apparently they want people to play in both of the leagues though. On top of them both being fun and different they also made the achievement challenge require play in both leagues, and they made 2 special unique items for each league.

What they should have done is made Anarchy "hardcore" where your character is flagged to softcore when it dies but remains in the Anarchy league. I really don't have any interest in my Anarchy character being dropped to softcore in 4 months, likely never to be played again.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Anarchy is stupid. Wow, 8 PC-like NPCs in the game. What a fuckin amazing change of gameplay. Oh wait, it will hardly make any difference at all. Remove some cornerstone items, add a few new items and uniques, and....I'm still waiting to hear what's going to be new and interesting about it. It will be nearly exactly the same as Standard, just with a few NPCs added in.

On the other hand, Onslaught sounds awesome for the HC crowd. It's not for me though. The thing with Onslaught though is you might just end up seeing twice as many dual sporks due to the damage increase.

Charles_sl

shitlord
You are jumping to conclusions about Anarchy I think. Was there a test server where players were able to try this new league out, or did they have an Anarchy race? I haven't heard much about it. Maybe the NPCs stalk you throughout your life in the game, leveling up as your character does and maybe even surpassing your character, and they are actually difficult and rewarding to kill. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun actually, whereas Onslaught is the same old hardcore league in mini-turbo mode. That seems like a much less interesting change in gameplay to me, we've already seen and done that.

Edit: Oh also after not playing in so long I find it hilarious that everyone I have seen and played with so far is using the Permanent Allocation loot option, even people who were vehemently against it in discussions. I would like to see some of their internal numbers on what the most used loot system is. I bet it surprised the developers. Everyone really loved that old ninja loot system, it was so fun and hardcore... Wait, no it wasn't. They were idiots for thinking otherwise and undoubtedly lost a ton of players due to the issue.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Everyone really loved that old ninja loot system, it was so fun and hardcore... Wait, no it wasn't. They were idiots for thinking otherwise and undoubtedly lost a ton of players due to the issue.
The only problem I really had with the old loot system was the retarded fact that someone could literally block you from getting to your drops, and sometimes after clicking them your char would just decide not to pick it up for the first 9 tries, resulting in it being snagged by the people who stand there waiting on the timer.

I'm gonna be rolling a char on anarchy, just not sure what I want to roll yet. If nothing else, at least it will be nice not to require 870000 exalteds to get an item for a few months.

Ya anarchy league it is !! ign: theKnife

Anyone want to grp for Anarchy league when it starts post your Ign
I got a grp of two so far gonna start up soon as it starts send me a friend invite if you want to grp.

Charles_sl

shitlord
The only problem I really had with the old loot system was the retarded fact that someone could literally block you from getting to your drops, and sometimes after clicking them your char would just decide not to pick it up for the first 9 tries, resulting in it being snagged by the people who stand there waiting on the timer.
That was one of the major issues. Being blocked by things, including other players, and also how completely unresponsive clicking is in the game, whether it be a monster or an item that's surrounded by people, made an already retarded system even worse. I mainly found it funny that the developers found such a feature hardcore and thought that their player base loved it, much of the player base thought the same thing. From what I've seen actually playing today, they were all delusional as I have seen nobody all day playing with a different loot system.

I'm going to play on Onslaught just because it's the hardcore league... I still feel like I'm missing out on the fun Anarchy features though.

ya ima take a break from Hardcore for once been playin hardcore since CB, will be good for a change of pace

Im goin CI crit dagger shadow, buddi is prob gonna play a mele marauder, since its not hardcore we are gonna try out heavy mele builds, pluss mele got teh mega buff !