Path of Exile

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same thing just happened to me where I ported back to nexus hub from a node with 2 more uses left, but when I tried to go back all I got was "Entering blah blah" which bugged the game so that I could only exit.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So someone explain to me what I did wrong here, or is this shit just buggy? I was at red circle going for that memory modifier node, but hit full inventory so I made a nexus portal back to dump, and now I can't take my portal back? It gives me the "entering memory" thing up top, then times out and says my memory has collapsed, despite the memory my portal is going to being very obviously not decayed and still active? Now I have to burn a run off that entire path to get back to that modifier, and I don't even have a proper piece to replace the first memory with 1 charge left.

Edit: oh look, it's just a buggy pile of shit, cause I can't leave my memory nexus at all now and had to fucking quit the game. goddamn my salt levels are through the roof with this stupid league

That sounds more like server issues than a bug with the memory nexus areas. It was doing that last night too but people who weren't in nexus were complaining about lag and I got time-outs for a few mins any time I tried to zone, then it started working again.

Well if it's happening to a bunch of people maybe it's a bug, I dunno. Only bug I've run in to with the nexus was when I took a portal back to nexus to sell and then when I re-entered portal it put me on the opposite side of my nexus from where I was before. I was 4 or 5 islands to the right of nexus and it put me 5 islands to the left.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think i'll last long this league which is odd because I think the memory map mechanic is really great. Chaining maps over and over was what I loved the most and there's just too much crafting currency and good gear gated behind non-map activities. Hell i'm spending half my time sorting shit at my bank after various activities and i'm the guy who prided himself on chaining maps with like 10 seconds in between to throw shit in a tab to sell later. I bought one last supporter pack but I'm not sure POE is heading the direction I want out of an arpg. After playing through every league, I think Abyss was peak POE for me. Give me the base game and one special league mechanic and that's it.

feelsbadman

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Reward memories fucking up your planned route hast to go. That is 1005 bullshit you have zero control over. The fact it's not even on the list suggests they have their head stuck a wee bit too far up their own ass currently. Same with forcing Betrayal.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Since the memories appear to scale to your level regardless of when you obtained them, is there anything that prevents people from just farming low level zones for memories and then doing the nexus as the entire endgame?

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They don't fully scale, not sure how it works but I assume it's like how Niko will dig a fair bit on his own even if you never do the mine, but eventually stops and you have to progress yourself.

Reddit figured out how to get specific synthesises. As usual it involves looking up hidden numbers that were datamined.

Basically you go to PoEDB: Exile Chronicles
You look up the mod you want, look to the right it shows the mods you need on the fractured items to get it as an implicit. Now all the mods are apparently in multiple tiers(3 for everything maybe?). Let's take the example they've shown, +1 Bow gem on bows as an implicit.

So you look that up, and it'll say you need +# level of bow gem next to it with # being a certain amount on the 3 items combined. To figure out what amount for a tier 3 result however, you have to go check what you need for tier 2 and get more(the number next to tier 3 is some weird unrealistic upper limit that doesn't exist). So you do a search on the page and you'll see the mod on the right side gives quality to socketed bow gems, with the tier 1 being 2-3% and the tier 2 is 4-5%. Right of that tier 2, you'll see the number is 5, than means up to 5, it'll give that tier 2 mod. If you get more than 5 however, you get the tier 3. So basically if you get +6 total to bow gems on your 3 synthesized bows, you get the +1 bow gem implicit on the result.

To take another example for something's that relevant to me as a necro, I wanted to make a +1 minion gem implicit helmet. If I look up the mod, the tier 2 says 8, so I need +9 minion on the 3 helms, or +3 each, which is a 86 mod. Basically a pain in the dick to get since you need 3 lvl 86 helms and they all need to roll +3, but if you get that, you can synthesize them into a +1 implicit... if you get lucky enough.

Want the onslaught boots mod? You'll need over 95movement speed on your 3 boots(so 35 35 and 30/35).

The other nonsense is that the implicit picks a random stat on all the items, so the less stats you have the better. You can use fossils to craft specific stuff with minimum stats and probably mess about with no prefix/no suffix mastercrafts too to try to maximize your chances. Best case though it's still 50% since you have a fractured mod you can't overwrite, unless you're lucky and the fractured mod rolled one of the things you need.

TL;DR: You need a bunch of currency to craft good items worth potentially more currency, some shit will spike now that it's known(fossils especially).

• 1Barf
  • 1Committed
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There’s too many systems, and not enuf time to spend on them all. I wanna fill out my atlas, but I gotta push down my delves first, then don’t forget to do Alva, and oh time to mess with my synthesis puzzles. All that shit just kills atlas progression for me. As if getting blumpkined by betrayal randomly in maps doesn’t slow me down enuf.
Game just has too much stuff. And yea I agree with others it’s super annoying that so much crafting is locked away behind this or that. I look forward to when they start rotating out league mechanics

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Looking for a bit of crafting advice. Still learning!

Made this sceptre:

mace.png

So it was blue with 30 ele and the minions, used regal orb on it to turn it to rare which added the cold damage (luckily i can live with that), can i now craft can have multiple crafted mods? and add maybe trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill and other some mod i have that is suitable?

I don't have the trigger spell yet but have the multi mod craft available.

~It's just a stat stick for me so...

Last edited:

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want the onslaught boots mod? You'll need over 95movement speed on your 3 boots(so 35 35 and 30/35).

Not sure which one youre looking at but the only Onslaught on boots requires 120 which would mean 40% move speed on all boots, or a stat that doesnt exist. Clearly these arnt the most accurate.

Untitled.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think i'll last long this league which is odd because I think the memory map mechanic is really great. Chaining maps over and over was what I loved the most and there's just too much crafting currency and good gear gated behind non-map activities. Hell i'm spending half my time sorting shit at my bank after various activities and i'm the guy who prided himself on chaining maps with like 10 seconds in between to throw shit in a tab to sell later. I bought one last supporter pack but I'm not sure POE is heading the direction I want out of an arpg. After playing through every league, I think Abyss was peak POE for me. Give me the base game and one special league mechanic and that's it.

feelsbadman
So do the forgotten memories and ignore the nexus.

I like the complexity but PoE is basically all I play these days. After I'm done with the league, I don't feel like getting into another game.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
So there is definitely an insipid bug in the spawned memories.

It has only happened to me on islands 3 or more squares away from the center: if I get all the way to the entrance to the final island and port back to the nexus before entering, the game won't let me port anywhere anymore. It says the memory has decayed, but the portal in the nexus doesn't work either. Have to leave the game.

This is repeatable - I have had it happen 4 times. I understand that does not say much for my intelligence, but there you go.

Now whenever I get to the final island I never port back to the nexus (don't have to anyway, since it decays and calls the loot to you, but live and learn).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They don't fully scale, not sure how it works but I assume it's like how Niko will dig a fair bit on his own even if you never do the mine, but eventually stops and you have to progress yourself.

Reddit figured out how to get specific synthesises. As usual it involves looking up hidden numbers that were datamined.

Basically you go to PoEDB: Exile Chronicles
You look up the mod you want, look to the right it shows the mods you need on the fractured items to get it as an implicit. Now all the mods are apparently in multiple tiers(3 for everything maybe?). Let's take the example they've shown, +1 Bow gem on bows as an implicit.

So you look that up, and it'll say you need +# level of bow gem next to it with # being a certain amount on the 3 items combined. To figure out what amount for a tier 3 result however, you have to go check what you need for tier 2 and get more(the number next to tier 3 is some weird unrealistic upper limit that doesn't exist). So you do a search on the page and you'll see the mod on the right side gives quality to socketed bow gems, with the tier 1 being 2-3% and the tier 2 is 4-5%. Right of that tier 2, you'll see the number is 5, than means up to 5, it'll give that tier 2 mod. If you get more than 5 however, you get the tier 3. So basically if you get +6 total to bow gems on your 3 synthesized bows, you get the +1 bow gem implicit on the result.

To take another example for something's that relevant to me as a necro, I wanted to make a +1 minion gem implicit helmet. If I look up the mod, the tier 2 says 8, so I need +9 minion on the 3 helms, or +3 each, which is a 86 mod. Basically a pain in the dick to get since you need 3 lvl 86 helms and they all need to roll +3, but if you get that, you can synthesize them into a +1 implicit... if you get lucky enough.

The other nonsense is that the implicit picks a random stat on all the items, so the less stats you have the better. You can use fossils to craft specific stuff with minimum stats and probably mess about with no prefix/no suffix mastercrafts too to try to maximize your chances. Best case though it's still 50% since you have a fractured mod you can't overwrite, unless you're lucky and the fractured mod rolled one of the things you need.

TL;DR: You need a bunch of currency to craft good items worth potentially more currency, some shit will spike now that it's known(fossils especially).

Got it - don't bother.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Also, general comments (spam posting!):

This game is suffering from serious bloat. I never noticed before, but after a couple of months break, coming back and facing the prospect of Syndicate, Delve, the new memories, bestiary, masters, prophecies and Atlas, it is crashing hard against my minor OCD. It is difficult to have a peaceful play session when there are 5+ things clamoring for my attention. It is getting as bad as a ftp mobile game.

I'd say the game has jumped the shark, but I am similar to Deathwing in that it is pretty much the only game I play. It was nice to play a couple of different games during my time off, but once I am back I dedicate all my time to PoE. So it still has its hooks in me.

FInally - I started Crit Storm Brand Inquisitor - hilarious meme build. Just with garbage rares it clears like a boss, I have never had a skill clear so fast. I am still in shallow Atlas, and yeah the single target stinks so I am experimenting with boss kill skills, but the Storm Brand, even with a mild nerf, is serious powa.

Caliane

just swapped to CI. its been a while since I did CI. What is the current wisdom on flasks, etc to make up for lack of instant life flasks?

starting maps, have 4509 ES.
Vaal areas have been kind. have vaal disc, and vaal grace.
running shield. with tempest shield on cwdt. 13%spell block/29% attackblock.

ZO,ci, and ghost reaver.
All the new ES leech nodes. I noticed recently, looking at the new Energy leech support. which looks amazing.. but I am totally max es leech capped even without it. so its just a damage support, and doing the math... Arcane surge on main skill itself is a larger dps increase, then a level 7 arcane surge on movementskill, even if I assume 100% uptime.
So, ghost reavers Double the cap, with all the other ES leech passives which also give ES leech max increases, are needed.

ZO is mostly just to have the 6% regen from sulfur flasks kick in. 1pt invest...
quickness, stibnite, and jade flasks atm. basalt should be my last I assume.. missing one atm.
Is jade 3k eva, with stibnite considered better then a quartz (10% dodge), for CI?

Stone golem instead of lit golem?
end cry for regen? actually.. have a slot, might do that..

Caliane

Also, general comments (spam posting!):

This game is suffering from serious bloat. I never noticed before, but after a couple of months break, coming back and facing the prospect of Syndicate, Delve, the new memories, bestiary, masters, prophecies and Atlas, it is crashing hard against my minor OCD. It is difficult to have a peaceful play session when there are 5+ things clamoring for my attention. It is getting as bad as a ftp mobile game.
yeah, I made a comment on it in the last update by bex on "what we are working on"

we've all known it for a while. it was always a danger, and funny even back in things like Essence, etc we worried about this. yet, how tame those were compared to now.
much of those were stream-lined, and tamed. Their rewards added to later league mechanics like Incursion and Delve rooms. Great.

The big issue now, is we have several league content elements just totally destroy any pacing of a zone. Lab trials do this. Incursion does this. Synth does this. Syndicate does it a bit. (largely due to the obscurity of the reward structure, making you open a fucking wiki in the middle of a zone to figure out who you want to promote...)

Delve and Beastiary are really GOOD about this. Tap a sulfite node, and keep going. you build up sulfite, then go do Delve at your own pace. Possibly having it entirely replace Mapping.
Beastiary is similar in that it just adds new monsters, gives you a fun ally. But, then you can store unlimited beasts, and go do the crafting as you see fit.

I love incursion... but man, stopping to do rooms 3 times in the middle of a zone... Then when you hit 11. boom. you do temple. no saving it up for later. yes, you can finish the zone, and do it after. but, still, you need to clear it out before your next incursion map, or you are wasting alva spawns. This isnt very fun. Synth has the same exact problem with its 10 memory cap.

Also much of the crafting mechanics from these leagues end up so spread out, they are no longer really functional for their purpose. Ess crafting for example.
All these leveling ESS crafts.. but you are lucky to get 10 Essences while leveling these days. Good luck getting the one you WANT in anything. Ess, prophecy, etc.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Legit surprised when they announced Betrayal is going core. I do agree that the game is a little too bloated but if they have plans to rotate out league gimmicks in 4.0 I guess they are aware of the problem to.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I don't mind betrayal in this league actually, it seems the drop rates on items was massively increased and i dont struggle what so ever against even 4 packs

synthesis shit i dont get at all, is there a bunch of hidden shit with the synthesiser that nobody knows about? because it just seems to spew out garbage every time.
also how do these rings work? Circle of Nostalgia "When used in the Synthesiser, the new item will have an additional Herald Modifier"

they need to adjust that mechanic or something lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure which one youre looking at but the only Onslaught on boots requires 120 which would mean 40% move speed on all boots, or a stat that doesnt exist. Clearly these arnt the most accurate.
I know the post is long but the key part is you need to look at the tier 2 limit, not the tier 3. Basically, the number is the amount the mod goes up to, not the amount it starts at. So you look at the tier 2 one, which is the max amount for tier 2, 95, and that means you need 100(since it's in 5 increments) to start the tier 3. The number to the right of the mod you want is basically irrelevant and I assume it's just there to fill the tables or be future proof or whatever, or just so they only have one value per tier instead of a starting and ending value(which for tier 1 always start at 0 obviously, so instead it just implies the starting value is the previous tier one, or 0).

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Spent everything to make a 20/20 ED for my gem room temple and got double blanks, rip. Only upside is I spent 11gcp I had, 7c on the 20/0 gem and another 10regrets + 7c to get the last 9 gcp, vs 2ex that was the cheapest 20/20 non-corrupt.

Caliane

yeah, I might be done with synthesis league content.

memory Inventory is full. I look at the map and plan out a way to use my memories, and create a 15+ path...
first node off of the nexus, is a 3way, with 1 on it, so itll start decaying. I need to just run straight through it. Go in. instantly into a wall.. make it around the wall. hit rare, rare, rare. about half way, and wtf... Im running out of time. forget them! go! its already fully blocked off. no path forward at all. zone decays. can't lay down any of the path. have an inventory of shit memories I can't place anywhere else.
This shit is really just not fun at all.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users