Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Naw, blade storm is nuts as well. Lacerate is fine, but I wasn't really in to the playstyle of it. Earthquake bleeds are probably still plenty viable, double strike is still fine, sunder probably still fine.

Cyclone only looks ridiculous right now because it has a gigantic flat physical damage add, which makes it not really need weapons to scale hard as it cares more about levels. Once people start running with 350dps 1h weapons and stuff all the other melee skills will catch up.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been dumping hours plugging skills into pob. Outside of cyclone, I got highest dps with cleave of all things. But damn skill really sucks when leveling, so small. I assume it will scale well with levels tho.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean realistically most of the melee skills are good enough to clear most of the content in the game. Sure some are better than others in terms of raw DPS, but that's way less important than finding a skill you like the feel and playstyle of mostly.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been dumping hours plugging skills into pob. Outside of cyclone, I got highest dps with cleave of all things. But damn skill really sucks when leveling, so small. I assume it will scale well with levels tho.

It'll help when you get the cleave threshold jewel too

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm enjoying the frost blades spec I grabbed from some youtuber. I don't know how viable it is at end game but I'm in act 7 and the only reason I usually die is because I'm going into all the boss fights blind.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm dicking around with a berserker Earthquake build (BerZearthquake?). It's pretty fun so far IMO, the main thing I don't like is having to 'sacrifice' a gem slot to less duration to make it work right. It's also absolutely ridiculous damage so far IMO. The aftershock just deletes mobs, and I don't have any gear other than SSF or guild bank issued.

In the endgame, POB says it can get pretty nuts IMO. With Abyssus, Disfavor, Belly of the Beast, and just decent rares it says I should get to nearly 2Million damage (non Shaper) aftershock hits. I'm undecided if I'm going to stick with EQ or maybe go to the ground slam stun build I've been theorycrafting for a while now. So far EQ is more fun than Ground Slam though, but the stun build is likely a lot safer to play later on.

I'm just a melee guy at heart, so this league is awesome so far.

Lightning Fast
Why would you use a Disfavor on an EQ build?

Cause it hits hard? I was trying to go for something that has the biggest single hits that isn't something like Vigilant strike or Heavy strike.
I seem to remember lots of EQ build links in the past that were using it *shrug*

Lightning Fast
I forgot you can't use swords. I was questioning wasting the range stat.

Ah right, then it'd be what, Starforge? Also should caveat that I'm poor so no way in hell will I likely craft some Uber rare weapon.

Caveat caveat, I'm generally a casual at this game and like trying out weird stuff for the hell of it, not necessarily whether it will actually be good, so take all my posts here with a enormous grain of salt :)

For instance, if I do another build, I think I'd try out a chain hook + ummm -something... cleave, bladestorm maybe?- max block gladiator for no other reason than I think it might be lulzy.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, chain hook + retaliate/counter attack skills + max block gladiator. You're LITERALLY turning yourself into a spiked ball on a chain and hurling yourself at shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
FWIW I dicked with chain hook for a bit and it felt super, super clunky.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My cyclone slayer is a monster.

Going to start a support / aura bot Friday morning.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cyclone through timeless mobs is okay, but jesus fuck that ed/contagion makes me want to switch. That'd be so much simpler than trying to leap around looking for icon mobs.

Also what is this shit about "You have been disconnected for doing too many things at once"? It's happened on each shaped map boss kill so far.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So the problem is everyone is ED/cont. I hate being so on meta. And I still find ED/cont with blight clunky as fuck compared to soulrend/bane. But do all those shattering sounds make me giggle? Yes they do.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
ED/Contagion *IS* clunky, that contagion -> ED every "pack" is clunky and risky and I'm betting the reason they didn't nerf it. It's the main reason I switched from the build to WOrb last league.

The highs and lows of the build is quite frustrating. Contagion -> ED to kill 6 mobs, Contagion -> ED to kill a whole legion. Building a rhythm is important to ARPGs and ED/Contagion kinda works against it.

I'm considering switching to a CoC -> Ice Nova builds that utilizes VIN for Legion and Cyclone for smooth clearing.

Have we had a good CoC triggering skill before this patch? Blade Flurry, Flicker Strike, Charged Dash, Cyclone, all had issues before this patch. Most still do. Maybe Barrage? Oh, I wonder if Bladestorm would be good for CoC.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ED/Contagion *IS* clunky, that contagion -> ED every "pack" is clunky and risky and I'm betting the reason they didn't nerf it. It's the main reason I switched from the build to WOrb last league.

The highs and lows of the build is quite frustrating. Contagion -> ED to kill 6 mobs, Contagion -> ED to kill a whole legion. Building a rhythm is important to ARPGs and ED/Contagion kinda works against it.

I'm considering switching to a CoC -> Ice Nova builds that utilizes VIN for Legion and Cyclone for smooth clearing.

Have we had a good CoC triggering skill before this patch? Blade Flurry, Flicker Strike, Charged Dash, Cyclone, all had issues before this patch. Most still do. Maybe Barrage? Oh, I wonder if Bladestorm would be good for CoC.
Maybe stupid - what about tornado shot?

I’ll get up to shaper with ED. I just need better muscle memory. I kept “oh shitting” cont because I put it where I had my bane earlier and last season.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Rerolled to cyclone slayer, all aboard the bandwagon!

I’m going to have to do it. Tec slam is just utter shit now. I’m not waiting until I have 20ex worth of gear to have acceptable attack speed. I wish I had it in me to go caster but I don’t.

• 1Like

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I keep seeing people say "X skill sucks now!!1" because it requires more investment to reach high attack speeds. But the attack speed changes have been DPS neutral and the reason skills needed attack speed to play effectively was animation lock... which is gone.