Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've had a couple generals, didn't notice anything different.

is your movement ability too fast? Did they only fix Flame Dash and not the one you use? Third party tools fixing PoE once again!

Code:
#IfWinActive, Path of Exile ahk_class POEWindowClass
Q::
{
    Send, Q
    KeyWait, Q, T0.25
    Return
}

Obviously, tune the time value and keybinding to your liking.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Can anyone grab a screenshot of what this supposed general spawn indicator looks like for legion? I can't for the life of me tell what it is or if it's even spawning, nor have I found a general since the patch so I've got no idea to even be looking for.
When you break the monolith, there will be a glowy trail from the monolith top towards the general. It doesn't go the full distance, it's just about the length of the monolith.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
So slayer is a little more tanky than zerker?
I guess? Berserker can get Slayer leech via the Soul Tether belt and Berserker can opt not to take Aspect of Carnage. After that, you have the Berserker taking 5% degen and the Slayer taking 6% less damage. I'd rather play the Berserker because the massive amount of dps the ascendancy gives allows you to pick up more defensive passives and/or gear.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Can anyone grab a screenshot of what this supposed general spawn indicator looks like for legion? I can't for the life of me tell what it is or if it's even spawning, nor have I found a general since the patch so I've got no idea to even be looking for.

There's a thread on reddit about it. Pics there pointing where it is, maybe that will help.

Last edited:

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
When you break the monolith, there will be a glowy trail from the monolith top towards the general. It doesn't go the full distance, it's just about the length of the monolith.

No way I'd ever notice that. I have to sprint away from the monolith immediately after I hit it to be as close to the edge of the spawn in as possible when I start breaking them out. 50% chance Id be headed in the wrong direction anyway.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess? Berserker can get Slayer leech via the Soul Tether belt and Berserker can opt not to take Aspect of Carnage. After that, you have the Berserker taking 5% degen and the Slayer taking 6% less damage. I'd rather play the Berserker because the massive amount of dps the ascendancy gives allows you to pick up more defensive passives and/or gear.

Eh, with soul tether Slayer can skip the leech and go for the 8% base crit and the cull node to go along with the melee range and ae radius. In POB if you manually add the "more" damage equivalent from the cull and the a few other things that POB doesn't calculate correctly berserker is about 10% higher WITH aspect of Carnage and full rage. I also forgot to swap out a gem for a rage gem for berserker, so it might not even be that much. This is assuming a tree/gear similar to the dw impale cyclone guide in the duelist forums. It comes down to Slayer having quite a bit more ae radius and more survivability vs berserk burst utility and slightly higher movement speed.

To be honest not worrying about reflect and having such massive ae radius is pretty nice as Slayer. With even mediocre gear people are phasing Uber elder in seconds as Slayer, so damage definitely isn't an issue when impale is so broken.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Updated pob for my character, with 2 inspireds added, and removal of impale supports for cyclone and tree.

Edit: Config was missing a check mark on infusion active.

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, with soul tether Slayer can skip the leech and go for the 8% base crit and the cull node to go along with the melee range and ae radius. In POB if you manually add the "more" damage equivalent from the cull and the a few other things that POB doesn't calculate correctly berserker is about 10% higher WITH aspect of Carnage and full rage. I also forgot to swap out a gem for a rage gem for berserker, so it might not even be that much. This is assuming a tree/gear similar to the dw impale cyclone guide in the duelist forums. It comes down to Slayer having quite a bit more ae radius and more survivability vs berserk burst utility and slightly higher movement speed.

To be honest not worrying about reflect and having such massive ae radius is pretty nice as Slayer. With even mediocre gear people are phasing Uber elder in seconds as Slayer, so damage definitely isn't an issue when impale is so broken.
I'll have to investigate. Can you link the guide or a PoB? I've gotten my berserker decently geared and now that I fixed the double leap slam problem, I really like how fast he can hop around. Slayer doesn't seem to come close a 0.2 Leap Slam time?

Note, I'm preferring 2H setups so I can use Kaom's Heart. For both ascendancies, DWing seems like overkill dps for lower survivability.

Last edited:

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll have to investigate. Can you link the guide or a PoB? I've gotten my berserker decently geared and now that I fixed the double leap slam problem, I really like how fast he can hop around. Slayer doesn't seem to come close a 0.2 Leap Slam time?

Impale and Slayer dps corrections are crafted on the custom gloves. If trying to compare just make sure to edit the two Slayer more percentages from the gloves when looking at berserker (cull and proximity). He has the cull listed as 20, but even though the cull is 20 I think the "more" should be like 25?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Updated pob for my character, with 2 inspireds added, and removal of impale supports for cyclone and tree.

Edit: Config was missing a check mark on infusion active.

Those gloves... I really a pair of +2 range gloves and the craft on a helm--I don't have the balls to try to annul a suffix atm. My build

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Impale and Slayer dps corrections are crafted on the custom gloves. If trying to compare just make sure to edit the two Slayer more percentages from the gloves when looking at berserker (cull and proximity). He has the cull listed as 20, but even though the cull is 20 I think the "more" should be like 25?
Yes, 20% cull means 25% more dps, 1/0.8.

The guy's PoB is a bit rough, it could use some refinement. His "tanky" slayer doesn't really seem that tanky. My berserker has over 30k armor, allowing him to pop 6k+ damage shields often and 18k in dire situations.

Note, I don't like Aspect of Carnage, so I consider the survivability equal between the two. So, I guess the difference at this point is more area and no reflect vs hyper quick leap slam.

I think I'm done rerolling for the league, but if they don't gut cyclone next league(lol?), I'll give it a try then. I kinda want to try a Magma Orb Sire of Shards too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This is relevant to the Berserker vs Slayer discussion but I think it deserves its own post.

You know how the animation canceling is fucky if you're cycloning? Basically, GGG, consciously or accidentally, decided you can't animation cancel a Leap Slam(or something similar) if you don't stop spinning first. Thus, you have to do this kinda annoying/tedious manoeuvre: stop cyclone, leap slam, start spinning again.

The Berserker, especially with combat rush, makes a full Leap Slam feel like a Leap Slam that was animation canceled on the tail end. In delve, where there's enough density and non-fucky geometry, I can just hold down cyclone, take my finger off "Move To", and rely on Leap Slam for 90% of my mobility(move speed is still quite important). It's an absolute joy to play, maybe a video is in order.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I just switched out to a soul tether timeless jewel set up to try out the “tankier” slayer version. Swapped bronns chest for a maim astral and a devotos for a starkonjas. Few other minor things with rings. Gives me 7.3k ehp and does feel sturdier but I feel the loss of all that move speed. Leap slam on a slayer feels fine, especially if using a bronns/devotos, it’s a little slower now but cyclone movement takes the bigger hit. I’ve pretty much stuck to staying in sand stance and using pulverize full time for the aoe range though. I’d switch to blood if I were going in to kill a guardian and swap in melee phys gem for shaper or elder.