Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rime

<Donor>
I am both excited for the pet AI buffs/necro changes, and saddened, as it is the only thing I 'like' to play and it is going to be prohibitively expensive in this upcoming league, most likely.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I am both excited for the pet AI buffs/necro changes, and saddened, as it is the only thing I 'like' to play and it is going to be prohibitively expensive in this upcoming league, most likely.

And the following nerfs. Lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think because they are not "your attacks" it does not return?

But if they go from the totem and return to you, that would be cool.

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pestilent Strike doesn't say that it spreads itself.
It says “The Poisons you spread don't have to be from Pestilent Strike, so you can use it alongside Viper Strike or other poisonous skills.”

That implies it can spread itself at least by my wording. In fact, I think it will pretty much spread any poison. Though it reads like the DoT that gets spread is a wholly new DoT that’s equivalent to the sum of leftover DoT damage on the original target.

That said, the more I’m thinking about it, the less this skill feels appealing. Too short of range and useless on single target. If it was ranged, it could be cool but then it really would be contagion.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Curious if anyone else is on PS4? I don’t have a gaming PC at the moment and I’m always very hesitant to jump on console versions of games that are clearly designed with PC in mind, especially ARPGs & MMOs, but this is actually pretty well done.

That being said, even with experience going back to original Diablo and having played lots of complicated games before, PoE baffles me with its intricacies and complex systems. I’ve got a grasp on a decent amount of it, but I’m only around level 50 and I haven’t even started to try and understand crafting or some of the side stuff. It’s part of what hooks me, because there’s so much to learn and keep my interest but there are also a few things that are insanely vague or frustrating to a new player.

It’s really weird to play this game and see other people but no easy way to group or matchmake and I have to roll the dice and shoot rando PSN bro a friend request and a message just to try and find a tolerable buddy to play with. If anyone here wants to roll on PS4, lemme know.

I made a Ranger and I love the style, lots of fun too but I always play stuff like that and I wanted to try a melee character in PoE and holy shit it’s rough, especially to start. It feels so clunky and slow and almost borderline offensive when compared to jumping on a ranged character, the combat fluidity is so different. I saw that they supposedly rehauled melee in a recent patch and I was shocked to learn that this is AFTER a wide melee fix. I wonder if it’s just really shitty in the low levels and gets better with proper gear & gems, etc?

tldr: having fun, slightly overwhelming game but s’all good, wish playing w others was more streamlined

I'm on PS4, name is Mizake_the_Mizan, so shoot me an invite if you want.

I played PoE for years on the PC and I quit a few years back; more recently, I started playing again only on PS4, mainly because I'm lazy and I like playing in front of my big TV. The game is incredibly clunkly on PS4 compared to PC, so I agree with you on several aspects. Trade sucks, grouping sucks, inventory management sucks......and yet, it's a really fun arpg where i can just sit back and mash buttons.

I wasn't planning on playing another league, but since necro is my favorite build I will have to try out the new changes.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
cvtwn5fqzui31.jpg

On the surface, yuck. I know this thing will be rare as fuck and have very little impact on the market. But maybe don't release a div card a league after it warped the economy so heavily? You want sane balance choices? How about a slight nudge in the other direction that says "fuck you" more than anything else?

This thing was submitted AFTER the HH rarity nerf was announced. I seem to recall div card submissions having a lot longer turn around time, I think due to art. This feels like Daddy Tencent cash grab, integrity be damned.

The rule of div cards is "If it's not taken, you can have it for your card, any amount of a stackable as well".

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It says “The Poisons you spread don't have to be from Pestilent Strike, so you can use it alongside Viper Strike or other poisonous skills.”

That implies it can spread itself at least by my wording. In fact, I think it will pretty much spread any poison. Though it reads like the DoT that gets spread is a wholly new DoT that’s equivalent to the sum of leftover DoT damage on the original target.

That said, the more I’m thinking about it, the less this skill feels appealing. Too short of range and useless on single target. If it was ranged, it could be cool but then it really would be contagion.
The mechanic that spreads the poisons is debuff. They don't say whether the debuff itself is a poison or not, but that would make me think the target dies with this debuff, all poisons are nova'd with a shorter duration, but no reapplication of the debuff.

I would say it's 50% Infernal Blow and 50% Contagion. Still wouldn't use unless you could auto cast part of the setup. 1-2 combos are pretty aidsy in this game still.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

It's also going to be incredibly safe and destroy content.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I am very pumped to either do some sort of SRS/Skeleton rf aura minion instability build or multiple carrion golem zombie/skeleton/spectre build. I haven't been this excited about changes in a while.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crazy skeletons are being buffed, minions are going to be so OP.

Probably starting Cobra Lash since I’m a lifetime shadow player mainly.

• 1Like

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
A little prediction: With the addition of the massive quality of life addition of cumulative masters "OVER TIME"

This league, ESPECIALLY due to those who are saying a big nope to the tower defense aspect, will probably see a massive increase to the use of delving.

Incoming everyone having 10 accounts to rake in the sulphite. With masters accumulating over time..sheesh. I mean ya, you will need to level one char on each account at least to a minimum level so you can multi account with one toon to farm it all, but once people have that set up and running...just wow. This of course is if I am reading it right. I never ran multiple accounts myself but this league I very well just might.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Encouraging alt account creation to this degree would be quite the devious way of pumping their "player count" before a potentail buyout.

I really do wish that they'd make some changes. Something thats so far away from the regular intended gameplay experience (like 50 alt accounts) shouldn't be so heavily incentivized, it will just lead to resentment from the ordinary player because of the market being so warped.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait are fishing rods actually real? I thought this was a long running gag in poe, and that div card is just for flavor

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Btw on the master shit, someone pointed it out on reddit and it's a good advice, even if you don't plan on playing the league right away cause you're playing classic wow or whatever else, it'd be worth it making a character to start accumulating your daily missions. You can just run them later if you decide to play, and in the worst case you wasted 20secs to make a char you can delete next time you play.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Why would they make a div card for an easter egg item?

I can understand if somethings so mythically rare and it's got a cosmetic value but poe? Even the best drops just get left unused on standard, it's not like anyone's collecting this shit.

They should make the fishing rod grant you rare monsters abilities for 20seconds just to troll the poe player base.