Path of Exile

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man Cobra Lash just wasnt cutting it in maps. So damn squishy just relying on resists/elusive/acrobatics. Started leveling a trapper for screen clearing goodness. Might mix it up and try to figure out how to get CI into it with decent levels of ES. Isn't there a key node or something you need for insane ES regen or something? Or does it just come from picking up the ES regen nodes instead of life once you make the swap?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
It's only "busy work" if you're approaching it from a "completionist" mindset/standpoint. Literally all of the stuff you claim you had to do was entirely optional, sans maybe the lab trial (which are fucking awful and need to change, I agree). There's nothing preventing you from rushing to the boss, killing him, and moving on to the next map. Hell, in many ways, that's actually the most currency efficient way to do it.

In terms of bosses/rares seemingly taking longer to kill, that's mostly a product of your build. There's some builds that have a very high floor but their ceiling is relatively low - these are mostly the builds that people consider "starter" builds. Great at the beginning to get some initial currency and farming in, but a lot of them start to peter out toward higher tier maps/bosses. Then there are builds which take fucking forever to ramp up because of gear requirements but are absolute monsters once you've gathered all the necessary items. These are those builds that you'd see move Shaper phases in 2-3 seconds.

Now, with that said, it's very obvious they've ramped up a lot of bosses and rares across the board. However, players have been scaling for months/years without any of these values being touched. So, we were at a point where player power had gotten so insane that you were able to mostly just flat out ignore boss mechanics (Shaper is a great example of this). Whether or not you think that's a good thing is up for you to decide. Personally, I'm a fan of the increased difficulty, but I really think GGG needs to implement either a combat log or at least some sort of death "recap" situation where you can see exactly what mechanic did you in.

Here's MY issue - it's NOT increased difficulty. Time =/= difficulty. Yeah, I suppose now that you are exposed to actual mechanics you have an increased chance to die, but this isn't Dark Souls, even an old man like me can understand ground spawn mechanics and large wind-ups. But what GGG did with the buffs just added extra empty time to my gaming session. I died only once so far on self found gear cyclone into mapping, and that to the black on black clusterfuck of an especially egregious Metamorph spawn. Wait that is a lie - I died a couple of times in lab trials because I am an impatient prick and just try to bull my way through it - which doesn't work on the Crippling Grief and one other - the blades and spikes.

Anyway - if the new Sirius (Spelling?) fight is GGG's idea of "difficulty", then they can get fucked. Or 5x Shaper hps? That sounds like redesign for the 1% to me. Glad I killed the Shaper a bunch of times the last couple of leagues because I doubt I will be now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Man Cobra Lash just wasnt cutting it in maps. So damn squishy just relying on resists/elusive/acrobatics. Started leveling a trapper for screen clearing goodness. Might mix it up and try to figure out how to get CI into it with decent levels of ES. Isn't there a key node or something you need for insane ES regen or something? Or does it just come from picking up the ES regen nodes instead of life once you make the swap?

I had exactly the same thing was too squishy. The es regen converts to the same % value but you want to get a fair bit of faster start (watchers maybe) to feel good, and run vaal discipline as you can't leech or lgoh and its useful for shitty bosses.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Ghost Reaver lets you leech attack damage as ES.
Lot of nodes with leach ES now but..trapper so cant leach at all. Pyro in Saboteur gives leach (sadly not ES) but with CI not sure if its even worth taking outside the shock/ignite imunity.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My bad, I wasn't following the full reply. Yeah, traps can't leech. Miners can with a pair of gloves, you might want to try them. Annoying but other wise superior to traps.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lot of nodes with leach ES now but..trapper so cant leach at all. Pyro in Saboteur gives leach (sadly not ES) but with CI not sure if its even worth taking outside the shock/ignite imunity.

Trickster on kill ascendancy is so good for maps and its what i use to heal as trapper. I started as fire trap and cleared through entire game with it, you can do all kinds of things for defense.

Defense stats, forgot im also running Purity of Ice and my chaos res is really low. Another thing that does a ton this league is chaos dmg.

1576715427004.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Can you respec ascendancy? Know you can do points but cant remember if you can outright switch. Looks like hte best option would be to get Zealots Oath to apply life regen to ES if i stay Saboteur.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Can you respec ascendancy? Know you can do points but cant remember if you can outright switch. Looks like hte best option would be to get Zealots Oath to apply life regen to ES if i stay Saboteur.

You can; respec all your current ascendancy points then run lab(can be normal).

Edit: well guess you could run lab then respec your points right before you touch the altar thing after you kill Izaro, not 100% if it matters or not as I haven't done this myself.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
if you spec out of all your ascendancy nodes and rerun lab (normal lab works) you can repick your ascendancy

edit: i write slow

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That sounds like redesign for the 1% to me. Glad I killed the Shaper a bunch of times the last couple of leagues because I doubt I will be now.

That's kind of the point? These are supposed to be the premier end-game bosses. They're supposed to be hard, they're supposed to be punishing. They're supposed to be for the top 2% of builds, items, skill, etc. Now, do I think the rewards need to reflect that level of time investment? Absolutely! However, some of it is merely for the sake of accomplishment, league MTX, etc.

Now, whether or not that fits within your particular level of enjoyment is entirely up to you. There's plenty of other things to accomplish and do outside of Shaper, Elder, Awakener, etc.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You wouldn't pay the amount they charge for it. They've got that shit down to some kind of Machiavellia-science. You can get a pet for 10$! But the pet only picks up transmutations! But you can upgrade it to pick up alchs as well for 10$! You can get a second pet, but he's a rare drop out of a loot box, then you need to breed him with the first pet and now the baby can pick up only transmutations again, but he does it slightly faster!

Go look at how it works in something like Black Desert. It's a fucking wasteland.

Yeah should have said "with some modifications". Theirs is very similar to BDO.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Heres a picture of the epilogue once you kill awakener, teaser or some kind of weird lore stuff

1576732707574.png

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this game and fuck GGG. Memory leak has made it almost impossible to play. It's been a week and they haven't fixed it. Every league start is plagued by issues like that.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Never done sulphite rotas before so guess I need to start trying to figure that out as I am seriously starved. Anyone here have the 6 link recipe and be willing to do the craft for me? (not sure I trust a /global 820 random person). If so, what would it cost so i can start saving up?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Never done sulphite rotas before so guess I need to start trying to figure that out as I am seriously starved. Anyone here have the 6 link recipe and be willing to do the craft for me? (not sure I trust a /global 820 random person). If so, what would it cost so i can start saving up?

If you can't find it here. Hit up treeofdead if you need a craft, expensive but you won't get buttfucked. Costs the 1500 fusings and 75c or so.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

Wouldn't a fated connections be cheaper than 1500 fusings?