Path of Exile

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I’m seeing necros gravitating toward skeles/zombies. I’m pretty bored with the spectre style so I may build this. What spectres are these folks using?
You can use DPS spectres for map clearing or you can use gorillas to give charges and not have to use Victario's. Can also use the necromancer mobs to cast various curses. Some aren't using spectres at all though, matter of taste I guess.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
So I’m seeing necros gravitating toward skeles/zombies. I’m pretty bored with the spectre style so I may build this. What spectres are these folks using?

I put together a skeleton gear set for the Awakener fight--based on that Method guy's kill--and I absolutely hate the clear on it. Just as Pyros mentioned, I'm using frenzy charge and power charge spectres in that set. Putting it together improved my understanding of stacking defenses.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That was my concern was clear. The spastic nature of SDs helps so much. But it’s a glass cannon how I built it before. I feel the zombie/skele has much higher EH and defenses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you're bored of spectres, how will zombies or skeletons help? Seems like the overall playstyle is the same.

It's the reason I rerolled off my necro after opening weekend. Dragging those stupid minions around like a pack ADD kids, ugh.

Trying out CoC VD now, hoping to transition to DD at some point. BL indigon miner is still on the table.

And, completely home cooked, which means it will suck, CoC shock nova with that new ring that lets you target nova spells. Spell cascade too. Might work with ice nova too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
That was my concern was clear. The spastic nature of SDs helps so much. But it’s a glass cannon how I built it before. I feel the zombie/skele has much higher EH and defenses.
Well zombies you're forced into STR stacking, which obviously translates into a lot of EHP. Skeletons you could build glass cannon but no real reason to. In fact I'd say there's no reason not to build tanky on summoner regardless of the skill you're using. All my recent summoners pathed all the way down to marauder shit and got like stun immunity, 250% life, a layer of block/evade via flasks, one of them had 2min end charges, Soul of Steel for more phys reduction and 1% max, the spectre amulet for big EHP(although currently I think you might be able to do better with the life% rolls on amulets) and so on. 8k raw life, some ES on top(if using phys summons you can use spirit offering for great survability), some avoidance, some regen via stone golem, leech via baron if zombie, can use MoM with an enduring mana flask for big EHP/"regen" and so on. Current trend is to use cyclone with cast on channeling to pop spirit offering more often, while providing high life on hit(imperial claws), holy relic procs(more healing and damage) and fortify easily, with immunity to stun(from cyclone).

For clear speed though anything skeleton is going to be kinda sucky. You have to resummon every pack and while they'll kill the pack instantly there's the delay for their out of ground animation, so it's not super great. Zombies should feel pretty alright though, but for random map clear you can more or less do a 4L +3 spectre in helm with solar guards or slavers and just clear white mobs with that.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, I think I am actually liking this league. I am a little annoyed with the rarity of certain organ drops though. I have found a total of 4 livers, 1 eye, and something like 30 each of heart, brain and lung. I've heard rumors of a way to "farm" eyes, although I also heard it is like farming one every 30 maps, which is retarded.

I still don't have the Atlas down straight quite yet, but I am getting it. I definitely spent too long trying to complete as many maps as possible in whites, and as someone already said will definitely approach it in a more leveling-friendly way the next time I go through it. Based on the column of boxes on the left, I see that you have to increase the number of stones in a region over time to continue to spawn conquerors. I also watched part of that Zizaran (?) video about how the maps drop and I think I understood - I can only listen to that guy talk for maybe 5 minutes before I need an ear cleanser.

Anyway, I managed to drop 3 key items for a Hiero Frost Pulse alt I was leveling (the non fated shield, the Soul Mantle and a couple of the rings) so I have an out when I get tired of running around the Atlas like a crazy person. Sitting at 89 on that dual wield Cyclone, it has been sufficient to do everything I've hit to date, even with sub 6,000 hps (I have been melted by a couple of Metamorph bosses, and that fucking Hunter Conqueror kills me once every fucking time).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
GGG put out a deal about eyes not dropping enough and they're working on it.
They actually patched it an hour ago or so, seems to work alright. They'll be adding a vendor recipe to convert excess organs into others too later on.

Caeden

Well zombies you're forced into STR stacking, which obviously translates into a lot of EHP. Skeletons you could build glass cannon but no real reason to. In fact I'd say there's no reason not to build tanky on summoner regardless of the skill you're using. All my recent summoners pathed all the way down to marauder shit and got like stun immunity, 250% life, a layer of block/evade via flasks, one of them had 2min end charges, Soul of Steel for more phys reduction and 1% max, the spectre amulet for big EHP(although currently I think you might be able to do better with the life% rolls on amulets) and so on. 8k raw life, some ES on top(if using phys summons you can use spirit offering for great survability), some avoidance, some regen via stone golem, leech via baron if zombie, can use MoM with an enduring mana flask for big EHP/"regen" and so on. Current trend is to use cyclone with cast on channeling to pop spirit offering more often, while providing high life on hit(imperial claws), holy relic procs(more healing and damage) and fortify easily, with immunity to stun(from cyclone).

For clear speed though anything skeleton is going to be kinda sucky. You have to resummon every pack and while they'll kill the pack instantly there's the delay for their out of ground animation, so it's not super great. Zombies should feel pretty alright though, but for random map clear you can more or less do a 4L +3 spectre in helm with solar guards or slavers and just clear white mobs with that.
I had pathed to Phase Acrobatics after grabbing Necromantic aegis.

As far as playstyle, it might not be better. Maybe cheaper to build. I can pick up a geoffri’s, 6L it, and grab a starter 6L staff for about 5ex. Rest of the items are fairly cheap to get going. You’re going to spend that on a +1 spectre chest without linking.

One thing I did was put zombies on meatshield, then I use phys to lightning and elemental army on vaal skeles, with slave drivers. Perhaps that’s a shitty setup. I have spirit offering on cwdt despite running drivers. I felt my EH from spirit offering was more important than their cast speed. My plan was to eventually get a better wand and put cast on skill use for desecrate and spirit.

Maybe I’ll just swap the points past necromantic aegis over to the marauder side and continue on. I may just go back to CoC assassin of some sort. I thought about COC necro too with VD or DD. I think Mathil did that but the wep was looking pricey for where I was currency wise when I stopped Thursday.

Caeden

If you're bored of spectres, how will zombies or skeletons help? Seems like the overall playstyle is the same.

It's the reason I rerolled off my necro after opening weekend. Dragging those stupid minions around like a pack ADD kids, ugh.

Trying out CoC VD now, hoping to transition to DD at some point. BL indigon miner is still on the table.

And, completely home cooked, which means it will suck, CoC shock nova with that new ring that lets you target nova spells. Spell cascade too. Might work with ice nova too.
I did BL indigon miner last league. Fun. Got one shot a bit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I had pathed to Phase Acrobatics after grabbing Necromantic aegis.

As far as playstyle, it might not be better. Maybe cheaper to build. I can pick up a geoffri’s, 6L it, and grab a starter 6L staff for about 5ex. Rest of the items are fairly cheap to get going. You’re going to spend that on a +1 spectre chest without linking.

One thing I did was put zombies on meatshield, then I use phys to lightning and elemental army on vaal skeles, with slave drivers. Perhaps that’s a shitty setup. I have spirit offering on cwdt despite running drivers. I felt my EH from spirit offering was more important than their cast speed. My plan was to eventually get a better wand and put cast on skill use for desecrate and spirit.

Maybe I’ll just swap the points past necromantic aegis over to the marauder side and continue on. I may just go back to CoC assassin of some sort. I thought about COC necro too with VD or DD. I think Mathil did that but the wep was looking pricey for where I was currency wise when I stopped Thursday.
I mean that's fine too, I guess, but that sounds like a lot of pathing through dex nodes(instead of str nodes which give flat life), and generally I've been ignoring necro aegis lately, it just doesn't feel worth it. You can proc frenzy charges with storm brand fine on bosses and on trash you don't need the charges anyway(or well you shouldn't), meanwhile the loss of ~20% block and a bunch of life(and some resists which aren't so important but can let you use shit like bisco's leash for faster clearing more easily) is pretty big. And the pathing is ass to it anyway, have to go through the ES nodes which have super limited value in the way I build. So instead I just go down to the marauder area and grab a lot of the goodies in there, lots of life and nice defensive utility.

Ymmv, playing my viper melee atm acrobatics is definitely better than I remembered when combined with flesh and stone for perma blind and decent evasion(with flasks) but it's super fucking far and it kills your ES too which is fine on this char but on a summoner not so much I feel.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I did BL indigon miner last league. Fun. Got one shot a bit.
Yeah, I posted the build;) I wasn't planning on playing it this league because the one shotting you mentioned. Also, no idea how pricey indigon was going to be, but it seems cheap enough.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Since I mentionned it a few times I uploaded a quick run I did on my Viper Strike build. I'll make a better one with a strong T16 map later, need a better layout than the shit I've been running lately, this is just a T15 hunter kill. Also the video isn't 100% representative because I'm retarded and forgot to turn my auras back on after dying so I clear the entire map up to the boss with no auras on. Damage is still fine, mostly no flesh and sand makes me take more damage than usual. As you can see while clear isn't super fast, it's reasonable and when I'm not stuck into stupid sewers and dungeons and can whirling blade spam it goes a lot faster. I don't use quicksilver and don't have movespeed on boots so tight maps are pain in the ass to run since WB has a minimum range and a "no cast" range when too close to walls.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Anyone got a good Soulrend build that can be started on a budget?

I’ve done soulrend twice, though I retooled to ED/cont the second time.

Budget is wand and shield. High end is crafted 6L bow with empower and a second 6L (bane) in a perfect form or equivalent rare.

Soulrend has a high mana cost so I always play it endgame as EB-MOM (some don’t consider that an endgame setup - but I think soulrend was built specifically for that in mind). Works really well with Trickster. I mainly leveled with Bane. It seems to do ok still. Once you get EB, you’ll be set on mana.

One of my favorite skills but the area nerf was very noticeable if you played the original version. I bossed with GMP in but you obviously get more ST dmg swapping that out. I ran blight totems to provide wither debuff.

Caeden

Since I mentionned it a few times I uploaded a quick run I did on my Viper Strike build. I'll make a better one with a strong T16 map later, need a better layout than the shit I've been running lately, this is just a T15 hunter kill. Also the video isn't 100% representative because I'm retarded and forgot to turn my auras back on after dying so I clear the entire map up to the boss with no auras on. Damage is still fine, mostly no flesh and sand makes me take more damage than usual. As you can see while clear isn't super fast, it's reasonable and when I'm not stuck into stupid sewers and dungeons and can whirling blade spam it goes a lot faster. I don't use quicksilver and don't have movespeed on boots so tight maps are pain in the ass to run since WB has a minimum range and a "no cast" range when too close to walls.

I’m probably going to steal this for my second build. I’m a sucker for melee and poison I haven’t done yet. Of course I’m going to add cobra lash and embalmer. See how that goes to allow me to move away from shit and spam.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Defeat Sirus for the first time, the game crashed to desktop as soon as i got the achievement, the crash closed all my portals so i cant get loot. feelsbadman

Chieftan burning arrow, was easy and dps was more than enough for awaken level 4 atleast. wonder how 8 will go. Just taking forever to get all 32 conquerors.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So a Mirror of Kalandra dropped. I must have been good this year. Still in disbelief. Almost instantly afterwards bought a Headhunter as I never owned one before. Overrated, but I'm not really playing a zoom zoom build but I might (currently playing Lacerate which is pretty fun).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a Mirror of Kalandra dropped. I must have been good this year. Still in disbelief. Almost instantly afterwards bought a Headhunter as I never owned one before. Overrated, but I'm not really playing a zoom zoom build but I might (currently playing Lacerate which is pretty fun).

Grats!

But what are the odds of 2 FoH'ers getting a mirror in the same league.