Path of Exile

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So Exalt drops have been increased this league, right? I mean, I'm not even lvl 90 yet and I've dropped 4 on my own. 2 of them from Metamorphs, but 2 from normal running. This league is stupid with currency and I love it, but I'm convinced they actually increased the drop rate of some of these things.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So Exalt drops have been increased this league, right? I mean, I'm not even lvl 90 yet and I've dropped 4 on my own. 2 of them from Metamorphs, but 2 from normal running. This league is stupid with currency and I love it, but I'm convinced they actually increased the drop rate of some of these things.
Yeah, I had a mirror drop(which I'm sure was just blind, stupid luck), but I also saw 5 exalts drop while running maps. And had another drop from Tane's Lab.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
3 so far at 85, also have 4 6 linked items so far; 2 tabula rasas and one base tiger sword one Terminus Est. The 6 links seem high to me.

On a different note, I've had a few items that seem to have modifiers that don't exist. For example, I have an ilvl 72 claw with chaos damage on it (a lower range than Malicious would be, but still there nonetheless, also doens't have chaos pen, so it isn't a hunter item) or a wand with elemental damage on attack. Any idea how those happen?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
3 so far at 85, also have 4 6 linked items so far; 2 tabula rasas and one base tiger sword one Terminus Est. The 6 links seem high to me.

On a different note, I've had a few items that seem to have modifiers that don't exist. For example, I have an ilvl 72 claw with chaos damage on it (a lower range than Malicious would be, but still there nonetheless, also doens't have chaos pen, so it isn't a hunter item) or a wand with elemental damage on attack. Any idea how those happen?

I am no expert but I think they have moved some mods from special pools to the general pool. +life/Mana per enemy hit by your attacks used to be an elder only ring mod. Now it drops on any rings and at a pretty medium level.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
On poedb it says a pristine fossil on helmet removes every delve mod except life regen, that can't be true right?

Reason I'm asking is that i want to craft a minion helm as a life build, do i just use pristine and bound or is there some hack to cancel more mods out?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On poedb it says a pristine fossil on helmet removes every delve mod except life regen, that can't be true right?

Reason I'm asking is that i want to craft a minion helm as a life build, do i just use pristine and bound or is there some hack to cancel more mods out?
I mean it removes every delve mods but you still have the core mods, so it's still a bunch of garbage and bound adds the reduced reserved mana also. Also if you want +3, it can still roll +1 and +2 minion even if it rolls the right affix. Still it shouldn't be too hard, generally it's just harder to get life+minion3+minion damage from an elder base and such. You can pop 3 mods off using a corroded to remove all 3 ele resists, but that's debatable since those mods aren't too bad and corroded are expensive as fuck this league so overall you'd probably get more chances to get the right shit without it by getting more rolls for the same price.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean it removes every delve mods but you still have the core mods, so it's still a bunch of garbage and bound adds the reduced reserved mana also. Also if you want +3, it can still roll +1 and +2 minion even if it rolls the right affix. Still it shouldn't be too hard, generally it's just harder to get life+minion3+minion damage from an elder base and such. You can pop 3 mods off using a corroded to remove all 3 ele resists, but that's debatable since those mods aren't too bad and corroded are expensive as fuck this league so overall you'd probably get more chances to get the right shit without it by getting more rolls for the same price.

Cool will go with the straight forward way then and hope i get lucky

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Ha, I have been playing less the last week, and I have decided to make a weak attempt to level my Cyclone character beyond 92, but I refuse to not do content. So, fairly empty challenge, but there you go. I basically play him until I die once and then go play an alt - I HAVE conceded to staying in the T11-13 map range at least for now, so I have three slotted pretty much the whole Atlas to get as many maps at that level as possible. That is a thing, right? Will this work for map sustain at those tiers? Seems to so far.

I will say the three greatest threats for my character at this point are (1) Detonate Dead, (2) OP Metamorph combos because after awhile I construct my Metamorph for loot not power level so sometimes I get a doozy combo that one hits serious bad or has some ground effect that drains my life before I can hit 1, and (3) still fucking Lightning Mirage only because, particularly in the Metamorph fight, you can neither see or hear them in time.

At any rate I managed 65% into 92 last night, then died and logged off to play The Forest with a friend haha.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Worked on my defense some got more block and dodge for spell and attacks, still above 10k ES and i have way more room to grow on DPS

1578510201680.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Would a basalt flask do the same thing(unless your cold res max is really high) as taste of hate while providing an additional flask suffix?

I'm leveling a SB inquisitor probably for the same reason vortex is popular. Does the PB nature ever become a problem?

How does a vortex build primarily sustain?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Trickster leech so 2% es on kill, heart of ice .2% cold damage leeched as es and i doubt he has it but soul thief is another .3% spell damage leeched as es.

I'm running the same thing, its pretty fucking beefy and i'm only at 8200es, low life, a 5 link and half his damage. He has a pretty nifty super shavs that makes things a tad nicer.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Killed Sirus today and had to use totems as my pets were completely useless. What a fuckng shitfest, it took me loads of portals over the last few days to kill him. I don't want to play minions (boring) and the Hierophant is just a glass cannon at the end game as your options are very limited on defences playing one. The dps is fucking crazy using freezing pulse once you're pretty geared up.

Can you guys playing Vortex post a pob?

Something tanky and not minion to do the remainder of the atlas would be a godsend. I've got enough squirrelled away to get some nice stuff for the right build probably and vortex is great as i've played it a couple of times before.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Trickster leech so 2% es on kill, heart of ice .2% cold damage leeched as es and i doubt he has it but soul thief is another .3% spell damage leeched as es.

I'm running the same thing, its pretty fucking beefy and i'm only at 8200es, low life, a 5 link and half his damage. He has a pretty nifty super shavs that makes things a tad nicer.
Yes, but those require kills(none of the new fights have adds except Drox) or hit damage. The majority of a vortex's damage is dot. So is the infrequent initial hit enough for leeching?

dizzie dizzie
Minions
Vortex
Storm Brand

Those would be my recommendations for builds to learn boss fights. They combine nearly-100% passive dps with leech(not sure on Vortex, see above), letting you dps the boss and recover hp without having to actually engage him.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Been playing that Cremation Chieftan build floating around, it's pretty tanky and not super expensive. Not a zoom zoom clear speed build but I've been able to facetank most red tier metamorphs with it no prob.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Started a necro witch and got up to level 81 and got bored playing her. I was never a fan of a pet class in these type of games. So I decided to try a duelist cyclone but realized how much spin to win class I played lately between D3 and PoE (the necro witch) so I quit that character. So I ran across a pathfinder scourge guide and now I'm trying this build. Suppose to be real tanky and able to do all content without insane gear requirements. Hopefully it works out.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didnt plan on playing summoner, reason being screen clutter and the thought of having to resummon spectres or whatever seemed like a chore (even though i found in practice its not that big a deal because they hardly ever die).

But i saw this HoP necro and it piqued my interest because they're minions that spawn automatically and because the dps on bosses, whitout much of a currency investment, seemed so insane.. And thats despite certain of this guys awkward choices which i changed. The defining things are just 2 circle of guilt for like 60c each and 2 of the +3 to all phys spell skill gems daggers for 5c each.

What he doesnt show is that HoP is kind of awkward for mapping though because you hit like a wet noodle so it's rare to actually kill anything yourself to keep hop up so unless theres a rare mob to hit you clear with a 4-5link helmet link and the random 0-1link whatever minion.

At level 92 with still unfinalized gear, 20/20 hop, 19/0 supports Sirus died super fast, worlds apart from burning arrow atleast. Got an awakeners orb and awakened multistrike for my troubles so that was an amazing reward for my first run as the necro. I almost bricked it though, because i was unused to the minions pulling the storms i had to log out after getting cornered and then almost couldn't get back in. I thought i had got the storms figured out but the minions really added some spice to them.

Why he does that neck with blasphemy vulnerability i have no fkin clue when he can just get vulnerability on hit

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
After getting my WI Scion one shot from 14k energy shield in a goddamn T5 map, I am now actually doing Iron Reflexes and endurance charges on a Trickster just so I can run VMS for metamorphs on top of 12k HP and 20k armor.

Siege ballista is actually pretty great, FYI. I'm still managing 1.6m DPS in my shitty hardcore gear.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yes, but those require kills(none of the new fights have adds except Drox) or hit damage. The majority of a vortex's damage is dot. So is the infrequent initial hit enough for leeching?

dizzie dizzie
Minions
Vortex
Storm Brand

Those would be my recommendations for builds to learn boss fights. They combine nearly-100% passive dps with leech(not sure on Vortex, see above), letting you dps the boss and recover hp without having to actually engage him.

Don't really need a bossing build as I've done all the bosses and am at 32/40, I just wanted something to complete the atlas with that was more hands on than summoner and tankier than a Heiro. The Sirus fight was just a pain in the arse due to storms but that's getting nerfed anyhow, everything else was straightforward this league.