Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It's a problem that both exists and doesn't exist. If I don't have stacks, I get to attack mobs. If I have 1-3 stacks, it oneshots something that nukes the entire pack. So basically I can't get 3 stacks on anything but beefy yellows and bosses, but it's also not a problem. Basically leap slam around and hit something once and that'll be good enough for like 8 seconds or so. I also got Static Strike duration on my helmet to help keep charges up.

It is weird, because I WANT to have 3 stacks, but I in no way need 3. My leapslam will oneshot stuff and obliterate packs occasionally too.

My issue is that I found it hard to get into a clearing rhythm. Specifically because it was dangerous to leap into packs with the expectation that your beams were firing and now they aren't. But maybe I'll give it another try, I'll look at your PoB tonight.

I've been looking for something to replace flicker strike for clear. Mathil tried it recently and he made a point about melee splash working against it and I tend to agree. I think it was Kythik Kythik that mentioned using an explodey chest was a mistake when he tried it too. I'm not using one but I am using melee splash and The Savior, my flicker chains die prematurely far too often.

Also, fucking desync.

Also also, despite having 30% chance to get a frenzy on hit, I still flicker into a pack and end up with none far too often :| Does melee splash not count as a hit?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
My issue is that I found it hard to get into a clearing rhythm. Specifically because it was dangerous to leap into packs with the expectation that your beams were firing and now they aren't. But maybe I'll give it another try, I'll look at your PoB tonight.

I've been looking for something to replace flicker strike for clear. Mathil tried it recently and he made a point about melee splash working against it and I tend to agree. I think it was Kythik Kythik that mentioned using an explodey chest was a mistake when he tried it too. I'm not using one but I am using melee splash and The Savior, my flicker chains die prematurely far too often.

Also, fucking desync.

Also also, despite having 30% chance to get a frenzy on hit, I still flicker into a pack and end up with none far too often :|

That was pretty much my experience. The explody chest definitely made it worse. Corridor maps were fine, no shock there, but w/o being able to shape the atlas one can't sustain them.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Think they’ll do anything to cyclone or impale next league? I’m pretty sure summoner is gonna get hit hard but hoping they leave cyclone alone one more league. Saw some streamer with a face breaker cyclone phys build abusing impale and basically one shotting bosses on some budget gear, it was silly

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cyclone AoE still garbage, likely won't be touched.

Necros should have been nerfed this league, so I'm not sure what they intend to do next league.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
2 summoner nerfs in a row would be a shitty thing to pull. Vaal skellies would probably get hit if they do anything? but I'm not so sure they'll nerf summoners again. Mana Guards got to be on their nerf list, although it's not very popular to play as it's expensive on league start, so they might not.

I would say that rather than nerfs the game needs some stuff buffed to balance it. Some skills/classes are thoroughly unenjoyable to play.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
2 summoner nerfs in a row would be a shitty thing to pull. Vaal skellies would probably get hit if they do anything? but I'm not so sure they'll nerf summoners again. Mana Guards got to be on their nerf list, although it's not very popular to play as it's expensive on league start, so they might not.

I would say that rather than nerfs the game needs some stuff buffed to balance it. Some skills/classes are thoroughly unenjoyable to play.

Uhhhhhh, meta after those nerfs looks SUPER HEALTHY. I would agree with you about no nerfs if they buffed melee by 100% across the board. Except that they won't and they even said they would 'fix' melee and didn't do shit.

Level 70+, Metamorph Standard and Hardcore (PC)
Necromancer22.62%
Assassin7.53%
Saboteur7.45%

Level 90+, Metamorph Standard and Hardcore (PC)
Necromancer24.27%
Assassin9.74%
Saboteur8.78%

Level 90+, Metamorph HC (PC)
Necromancer29.23%
Juggernaut10.78%
Guardian10.22%

Level 90+, Metamorph SSF (PC)
Necromancer35.38%
Saboteur9.76%
Trickster7.58%

Level 70+, Metamorph (Xbox One)
Necromancer20.60%
Deadeye7.34%
Elementalist6.69%

Level 70+, Metamorph (PS4)
Necromancer21.80%
Elementalist7.78%
Slayer7.45%

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think they’ll do anything to cyclone or impale next league? I’m pretty sure summoner is gonna get hit hard but hoping they leave cyclone alone one more league. Saw some streamer with a face breaker cyclone phys build abusing impale and basically one shotting bosses on some budget gear, it was silly

Id be surprised if cyclone gets touched but impale is going to get hit. Id like to see the -'Enemies Impaled by Supported Skills have -30% to Total Physical Damage Reduction against Impale Hits' removed from the support gem. Theres lots of options available on the tree for this stuff, make impale builds take some more investment on the tree than a 3 point impale node thats in your pathing anyway.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The minus damage reduction stat can't go negative, right?

I dont think so. This wouldnt be a hit to impale's damage just a hit to the investment it takes to reach the current numbers. My biggest problem with impale is that it takes close to literally no investment on the passive tree to use effectively. Put a support gem in, put 2 ascendancy points from a strong ascendancy in and you are done.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does minus dr to just hits apply to impale or not? If the former, is bet most characters get enough elsewhere for the gem to not matter.

Not really a fan of that stat anyway, it's really hard to pob.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does minus dr to just hits apply to impale or not? If the former, is bet most characters get enough elsewhere for the gem to not matter.

Not really a fan of that stat anyway, it's really hard to pob.

Impale takes 10% of the hit before damage reductions are calculated. So -phys reduction to hits by swords does not apply to the impale hit but non specific modifiers would.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
It'd be nice to see some other gems get used, there's so many skills available in this game but lots of them are just totally shit.

I was looking on the boards for build ideas as I've only played since Delve and I wanted to see some old school builds from years back. I know you can't use lots of them cause legacy gear, nerfs, new encounters etc. But there was lots more variety back then it seems.

Brikker

Trump's Staff

There's a facebreaker cyclone impale Champ build that looked fun. I like big tanky builds and the DPS seemed pretty good. Looks like it's low gear enough to be a league start too.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The vid I saw was with a 800% face breaker bottled faith and abyssus so technically not budget or safe but given it was murdering t16 conquerors in literally 1 second, I’d wager a cheaper and beefier version with say a 780 facebreaker could kill said boss in 3 secs and be just fine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
The vid I saw was with a 800% face breaker bottled faith and abyssus so technically not budget or safe but given it was murdering t16 conquerors in literally 1 second, I’d wager a cheaper and beefier version with say a 780 facebreaker could kill said boss in 3 secs and be just fine.

I saw that build. If it doesn't get nerfed it's on my list for next league.

Lowball

Trakanon Raider
I got a thing, but it's probably too late in the league to actually sell
hairy eyeball.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff

I was gonna be done but I'm worried spectres gonna get nerfed too much for me to want to league start it so I rolled this build to try it out as a league start. Just using the facebreaker I had in stash, only 761%. Not awful but not 800% 2ex gloves either.

Just started it out, only in A3 but not awful so far. Cleave then Infernal Blow until you get Cyclone at 28. Most people should be able to buy a face breaker for an alch or so by the time they hit 20 in a fresh league?

Jox

Molten Core Raider
"You can now spawn Atlas influence in a Region that had already spawned that same influence in the previous 'cycle'. "

Guess that was a bug? Probably why some took 100s of maps to spawn awakener.