Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I bought a cloak and dumped 600 fusings into it but no link yet. I’m using some shitty 6L and still blowing up the game. Pretty poor right now so haven’t bought the fevered minds, etc.

I may swap to ivory tower. Seems more EHP and dps.

Also, I went crit. Now I’m thinkng elemental overload may be overall better. You can move those passives and scale up mana and life more and go deep into cluster jewels.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I bought a cloak and dumped 600 fusings into it but no link yet. I’m using some shitty 6L and still blowing up the game. Pretty poor right now so haven’t bought the fevered minds, etc.

I may swap to ivory tower. Seems more EHP and dps.

Also, I went crit. Now I’m thinkng elemental overload may be overall better. You can move those passives and scale up mana and life more and go deep into cluster jewels.
Crit is a better scaler in the end.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Archmage brands are OP as fuck and can be played for basically 0 currency. Only item I bought for this dude is the chest for ~100c or something and slowly linked it myself. Rest of the gear is SSF rare drops, all of which is replaceable and none of it is even really very good aside from the helm enchant.

Brand Loyalty medium jewel nodes fix the single target damage problem for brands, so now it's infinity free mapping just holding down brand recall, and still like ~1m shaper dps for single target bossing. Arcane cloak is basically Vaal Molten Shell except it comes with like ~40% more damage tacked on to it, no idea how or why that skill is so good.

What were your priorities while leveling skill wise and what order did you do the Ascendancy in?

Also I'm guessing you self crafted all the cluster jewels? I gotta imagine the life ones would be expensive.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What were your priorities while leveling skill wise and what order did you do the Ascendancy in?

Also I'm guessing you self crafted all the cluster jewels? I gotta imagine the life ones would be expensive.

The small life jewels themselves weren't bad, but I spent a lot rolling them to get some chaos res there yea. You could get 2 passive small life jewels for significantly cheaper and lose like ~200hp and be fine.

I did the ailment immunity one last for ascendancy. Archmage linked right in just fine while leveling. The mana cost wasn't too much of an issue if you keep arcane surge in your storm brand link, and the damage is pretty ridiculous for the story leveling.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is my new project for "budget" heralds. No voices required, runs 5 heralds, 3 purities, wrath/zeal/hatred and some precision/clarity for ~8m blade vortex DPS, huge ES regen/leech, max block etc.

Some of the gear is pretty specific cause this is all theory in PoB still, so we'll see how much of this actually pans out once I get there.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I've never played a brand build. Is the idea that you just cast your max brands at the start of a map and then spam Brand Recall and that keeps them all going?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much, alltough it's good practice to refresh them 1 at a time in a staggered fashion every so often so you don't find yourself without any brands whatsoever all of a sudden.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Started getting messages for my unlisted(I use the Unique Tab as free price checking from the odd unique that rolls near perfect) Black Cane. No one in guild chat could figure out why the price was spiking 5k%.

Well, the answer is simpler than you think. Phantasmal Might is an aura granted by the phantasms to you, so it ended up adding ~2000 physical damage to spells.

They seriously need to nerf this shit right now. I don't care that bex said they wouldn't. I don't care its going to fuck a bunch of people with too much money. This shit is going to warp the economy big time. Remember Legion where your emblems weren't worth running? It's going to be like that except worse.

It's in GGG's best interest to nerf it now anyway. Thinking anyone is going to want to stick around after blindfolding all the content? Player retention is going to plummet, which is especially bad in a quarantine league. They might not even come back next league. Who wants to play like a normie after having the cheat codes?

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thinking anyone is going to want to stick around after blindfolding all the content? Player retention is going to plummet, which is especially bad in a quarantine league. They might not even come back next league. Who wants to play like a normie after having the cheat codes?

This part specifically is making me wary about trying it out. Ofcourse there's the cost aspect too but the build is op even without voices and everything apparently.

Also agree it should be nerfed even though they said they wouldn't. They already strayed from their commitment to keep leagues sort of constant when they actually buffed the aura stacking by removing the one downside, that of negative auras, such as degens and the delirium slow, also having an increased effect.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This part specifically is making me wary about trying it out. Ofcourse there's the cost aspect too but the build is op even without voices and everything apparently.

Also agree it should be nerfed even though they said they wouldn't. They already strayed from their commitment to keep leagues sort of constant when they actually buffed the aura stacking by removing the one downside, that of negative auras, such as degens and the delirium slow, also having an increased effect.

the problem with aura stacking and the reason it's different than OP builds of the past (which they've nerfed mid league) is it works with every single build

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Andl there was a very upvote reddit post a few days ago where some dude banked on this "shocking exploit" via yt video so yeah, everyone knows about it. Look at the prices of the involved clusters and items.

question to the POE gods: why do these folks seek that one shaper amulet "solstice something" like the devil a soul? That gives just a mana free temp chains, what's the big deal?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Andl there was a very upvote reddit post a few days ago where some dude banked on this "shocking exploit" via yt video so yeah, everyone knows about it. Look at the prices of the involved clusters and items.

thing is you can half ass the build with a pretty reasonable budget and still be piloting one of the best builds the game has ever seen with almost any skill you'd like to use.

it's just dumb and cheapens ggg's product