Path of Exile

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I can't decide between the melee crit warcry notable or mob mentality. You need at least 3 of the latter to get your rage back up to 50 by the time it's off cooldown.

Lead by example and provocateur were musts for me as a zerker.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I always notice a marked uptick in damage taken when I put on the abyssus. Good example would be fighting uber Izaro :).

How do I actually know any kind of mitigation works in the game? Heh with armor... lol that's a running joke, but when I beefed up my phys mit with elder shield affix + this and soul of steel, uber Iz could be face tanked again. Best I can do to prove anything there, but its a working example and can be replicated for proof.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
There, I have defeated Sirus on the last portal of my third attempt and at awakening zero.

I am very disappoint in myself. I fucking failed on an Awakening 4 Sirus last night - I died three times to the goddamn environmental effects (yeah, super loser), twice to a freak chance of floaty Sirus blocking the camera at the same time he rained down death and the last time to not having sound on and dying to the stage 3 boogaloo with the rotating beams and getting blasted from offscreen.

I thought I was better than this. Evidently not. I have the same build as last league, but I feel like my equipment must be missing something; I seem to be taking way more damage in this encounter than previous.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I always notice a marked uptick in damage taken when I put on the abyssus. Good example would be fighting uber Izaro :).

How do I actually know any kind of mitigation works in the game? Heh with armor... lol that's a running joke, but when I beefed up my phys mit with elder shield affix + this and soul of steel, uber Iz could be face tanked again. Best I can do to prove anything there, but its a working example and can be replicated for proof.
That has to be one of the most controlled test cases. Isn't everything on Izaro physical damage? I meant random deaths during mapping.

Slaanesh69 Slaanesh69 You know they changed the encounter this league?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Have I mentioned lately how fucking cancerous incursion is? Look at this trash, absolutely nothing of value in it, and every goddamn temple is like this.

Capture.PNG

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That has to be one of the most controlled test cases. Isn't everything on Izaro physical damage? I meant random deaths during mapping.

Yeah it works to offset taking physical, which abyssus makes me take more of.

Enduring cry covers the rest.

Cry wolf cluster notable is amazing for lab speed running.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The temple is such a cool idea but the executions fucking awful. It's handy if you actually can upgrade some stuff to the max and the xp isn't bad if you're trying for 100.

It's a mofo they stick crafting recipes in certain rooms.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Huh, helps when you read the patch notes:

A number of changes have been made to the Sirus, Awakener of Worlds fight:
  • Sirus' Apparition is now more active during the arena phases.
  • Sirus now heals to 75% of his maximum life at the start of his final phase at Awakening level 8 (from 50%).
  • Sirus now teleports away from the player before using his Corridor skill. He takes 80% less damage during the Corridor skill, and the projectiles he fires now pierce all non-player targets.
  • The rotating quad-beam ability now has larger beams and applies a new debuff which reduces your action speed and causes you to take increased damage.
That last one is nasty. As well as the giant beam Sirus shoots. I read that they changed the camera angle which is what I experienced where floaty Sirus blocked my view. Leave it to GGG to make me dislike yet another encounter - it was already annoying but I will acknowledge it was pretty easy.

Edit - Agree Temple sucks. I usually have double digit master missions left for her with most others empty. Not worth the time or effort.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Doesn’t flame dash and dash negate Sirus quad beam? I seem to recall leap slam being ass for it.

also fuck the temple. I have done it twice this league. I would rather do jun. (literally if I had to pick between her and Alva too)

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
@ Kythik Kythik did you find that jewel spreadsheet that outlined what types could have what notables and such? Didn't see it in game before I headed out but wanted to ask.

ClusterJewel Sheet

So, I completely failed at my throw currency at a warcry flicker berserker. My attempt was laughable at best. But, I did come across this PoB that seems realistic with ~17mil dps. I'm going to try it with a non-corrupted skyforge.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I like the temple only because it gives way more mobs for maps, and because a run of the temple doesnt take hardly any time at all.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My first temple of the league had a level III Corruption Chamber, and a level III Gems. It was so early that all of my gems were still level 19. Its been shit for rewards after that one.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
As someone that showed up really late to the game and maybe floundered here or there in a couple leagues so many of the legacy mechanics are just entirely opaque. The careful sculpting of outcomes for things like Incursion and Betrayal is really complicated with guides not giving the whole picture. I've gotta know how the system works (which is a lot) and then I gotta know enough to have an opinion about the possible outcomes and which I want based on how everything interacts with everything else.

To the game's credit I can just show up and push buttons and it will shit out prizes but sometimes this feels more like learning a language than playing a vidya game. Wait, there's another fucking tense I have to learn? Alright alright, the fuck do I even do with the accusative case and these modal auxillary verbs then? I figured out how to order a sandwich and get it the damned thing. Isn't that good enough? No? Fuck.

Ross

Peasant
Take Mathil, virtually every build he does clears all content, with very little investment in older leagues.

Most of the past league content is in the realm of min-maxing, with content like Incursion having corrupts, Legion having boss battles, etc. I just do Betrayal for the recipes, and Blight I just buy the oils.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Doesn’t flame dash and dash negate Sirus quad beam? I seem to recall leap slam being ass for it.

also fuck the temple. I have done it twice this league. I would rather do jun. (literally if I had to pick between her and Alva too)
Is it the mask or are you not into blood play?