Path of Exile

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have they announced any planned delays for next league or still targeted for early June?
None announced. But I feel like they might extend delirium. No way they’re getting as much done. I’d be ok with a legacy league with very few new mechanics

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they did another mashup league (not sure the name?) where you get 3-4 league mechanics per map, that'd be awesome. I remember playing through that after the failed synthesis league and had a lot of chaotic fun

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I mean I hate that I have to leave the game and go to my browser 40 times to click names and search when I'm trying to buy something. Trading is so annoying I don't even want to do it sometimes. And I really hate wasting portals to go back to my house to sell stuff. I'm totally makes me lose my flow and vibe. Like during a delirium, I can't stop to sell. Then they don't want the item when I'm done in 5mins. Gadamnit.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Trading is aids and their reasons for keeping it that way are bullshit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Actual juiced endgame farming isn't even really PoE anymore honestly. I even forgot to add beyond to this and there was no conqueror spawn, and it's just a fucking mess. With beyond and conqueror influence it's just like 20fps and I can't even tell wtf is happening as I run around in circles while brands kill everything. No idea how you'd ever do this shit on a skill that requires any kind of actual playing of the game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It's just boring old archmage stormbrand, my gear isn't even especially good, but it just doesn't really matter. I could spend a bunch of money on a watchers eye and better rares and get another 2-3k ES, but it's just all faffery at this point since everything dies instantly anyway.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I never bothered with my 5 slot map this league. I’ve been pretty fucking lazy with it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hoping early June. One last league in before my kid gets here and who knows what happens to my playtime...

It disappears. Poof.

Well, that depends on your woman. Mine hates getting up from sleep. So I did almost all the night feeding. I actually loved it, it was our special bonding time and nothing is better holding a falling asleep baby in the peace of 2 am. It was also the time I found dash-cam videos and Let's plays on Youtube. Good times. But even with that, I would sit down to play a video game during the day and get the stink eye.

We are divorced now, by the way. Ell O Ell.

Anyway, if you are doing your part, you will be too tired to really enjoy anything for awhile outside of parenting, unless you are one of those 1 in 1000 parents that have a kid and nothing in your life changes and fuck you!

Edit - my kid turned 8, and I am hoping to start golfing regularly again this year..........

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Actual juiced endgame farming isn't even really PoE anymore honestly. I even forgot to add beyond to this and there was no conqueror spawn, and it's just a fucking mess. With beyond and conqueror influence it's just like 20fps and I can't even tell wtf is happening as I run around in circles while brands kill everything. No idea how you'd ever do this shit on a skill that requires any kind of actual playing of the game.

Yeah, it's gotten ridiculous. Playing Cyclone the worst was the puddle of hands that SOME Delirium mob drops and in the middle of a giant fuck ball of effects you can't see them and then you slow to a crawl, attack slower and die from lack of leech. Bullshit.

Side bar - I couldn't do it anymore. I can't watch that loot drop and know in my head I have to go back and gather it all up. Drives me crazy. Hate that like poison about this league.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So I've got a headhunter finally and like ~100ex to build something stupid with it.

I don't particularly wanna do cyclone, but what else clears enough and is mobile enough? I've been using it on brands for a bit but am really bottlenecked by brand recall just not keeping up with omega movespeed.

Argarth

On the verandah
After all this time, is Cyclone still the melee meta? I may be diving back in when 2.0 hits, but have no interest in cyclone this time around. Any other melee skills decent for clearing and single target. Bearing in mind I haven't played for ~2 years, and if a huge budget is required, that probably counts it out as well. (like to play self-found where possible)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
After all this time, is Cyclone still the melee meta? I may be diving back in when 2.0 hits, but have no interest in cyclone this time around. Any other melee skills decent for clearing and single target. Bearing in mind I haven't played for ~2 years, and if a huge budget is required, that probably counts it out as well. (like to play self-found where possible)

Unfortunately its the only melee skill that feels good. Super strong, cant be stunned, super smooth, good clear, pretty good single target all in one package. can be started cheaply only to scale form there.

I did do a vaal double strike build this season I copied from mathil he did last league. Was pretty strong and like the best single target available even without super expensive shit. Look it up. Again, can be started cheaply and only scale up from there.

Also melee is a pretty big money sink regardless. Takes tons of currency to get strong at end game T15+ But thats not to say you cant do something cheap either to build up some currency.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So I've got a headhunter finally and like ~100ex to build something stupid with it.

I don't particularly wanna do cyclone, but what else clears enough and is mobile enough? I've been using it on brands for a bit but am really bottlenecked by brand recall just not keeping up with omega movespeed.

Cyclones still the most fun to play with a HH. You can get a couple of reasonably nice weapons for 100ex so you can pick up a couple of 500+ dps foils and go shred everything if you're prepared to pay the cost.

Argarth

On the verandah
Unfortunately its the only melee skill that feels good. Super strong, cant be stunned, super smooth, good clear, pretty good single target all in one package. can be started cheaply only to scale form there.

I did do a vaal double strike build this season I copied from mathil he did last league. Was pretty strong and like the best single target available even without super expensive shit. Look it up. Again, can be started cheaply and only scale up from there.

Also melee is a pretty big money sink regardless. Takes tons of currency to get strong at end game T15+ But thats not to say you cant do something cheap either to build up some currency.

Ok, thanks for that. I''ll check out that Mathil build and keep it bookmarked for 2.0 viability. Something that starts cheap and scales pretty well sounds ideal. Shame about cyclone really, when I quit, even then it was really the only choice for a (mostly) self-found melee player. Maybe they'll finally pull a rabbit out of the hat in 2.0 and change it up a bit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Don't forget lacerate if you want to play melee. It's the only thing even comparable to Cyclone imo, and can be built much tankier than Cyclone can generally.

It also has the perk of pretty heavy DoT damage so you can still dps assholes like Sirus that never stand still very long.

• 1Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I never bothered with my 5 slot map this league. I’ve been pretty fucking lazy with it.

Unless youre pushing 100 or into massive MF doesnt matter. Even doing 100 now is so easy with +level zones and sextants its not even needed at all.

MF is really boring to me, its a lot of work to make 100ex in this game or even mirrors. Takes a team of us playing nonstop for weeks, people that RMT just like to make it sound easy like lol i got 200ex from a trade.

• 1Solidarity