Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Old map sustain required choices and forethought. As you got better at the game, you could employ more nuanced strategies. That's the part I miss.

Current PoE is far too rewarding. I hope a crazy crafting league helps them curtail loot explosions.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Old map sustain required choices and forethought. As you got better at the game, you could employ more nuanced strategies. That's the part I miss.

Current PoE is far too rewarding. I hope a crazy crafting league helps them curtail loot explosions.

Boo this man!

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Most atlas shaping strats killed variety to me and ultimately made the game boring. I get that people liked targeting specific maps, but I can see why they went away from it. I rarely hear complaints of too much map sustain. But I hated Delirium for that reason too.

Listening to Chris with Ziggy, I bet the loot explosions are still high and slightly curtailed. Someone’s made the decision that leagues have loot explosions. Doesn’t seem to really be going away. And the crafting power is higher than ever before, even with the Multimod nerf. Some serious power creep coming.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Most atlas shaping strats killed variety to me and ultimately made the game boring. I get that people liked targeting specific maps, but I can see why they went away from it. I rarely hear complaints of too much map sustain. But I hated Delirium for that reason too.

Listening to Chris with Ziggy, I bet the loot explosions are still high and slightly curtailed. Someone’s made the decision that leagues have loot explosions. Doesn’t seem to really be going away. And the crafting power is higher than ever before, even with the Multimod nerf. Some serious power creep coming.
The specific choices I care less about. Just that there are choices to be made. Atlas Shaping definitely killed variety, that's a valid complaint. I don't think making it so you could sustain reds with absolutely no map juice, not even an alch, was the way to solve that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hey, look, not shit challenge rewards.

Unrelated: probably going to start Trickster Archmage OOS. Molten Strike with new threshold jewel is looking pretty tempting though.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Need numbers before any kind of decision can be made.

They're talking a big game with the slam/warcry reworks, but I remain skeptical any of it will be viable.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All the 2H slams are doa unless you suddenly make 2H leech nodes function like health flasks or shit.

everyone will be running nubloch, foils, savior, or paradoxica. Sounds familiar.

I’m starting siege ballista. It’s surprisingly good.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If I'm going to play this league I really need something really easy starter league basically. My mental ability is just not there, especially when it comes to crafting and looking for gear. I need something I can nearly stick anything in a slot and go, well not that easy....

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Fuuuuck there's a thread on Reddit that exposes the maybe-bug that I was going to base my build on. They're certain to fix it before release now.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Might as well explain it: Blocked attacks don't count as hits, even with Glancing Blows. So if you cap dodge and block on the same character, "haven't been hit recently" effects like Wind Dancer will essentially never deactivate. So with blind you can get your chance to actually be hit to below 1% and if you get unlucky you have Wind Dancer shield to take the hit.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
If I'm going to play this league I really need something really easy starter league basically. My mental ability is just not there, especially when it comes to crafting and looking for gear. I need something I can nearly stick anything in a slot and go, well not that easy....

Try miner with the macro I posted. You walk through the story and destroy everything, then you buy a tremor rod and you walk through maps and destroy everything. The bossing is on par with the best builds and the clears excellent. If you want to you can invest and go LL, but there's no need to at all. Has the added benefit that you can do any map mod/combinations so you don't have to fuck about rolling maps.

Borzak

Thanks I'll look into it. I never go much further than bosses on maps sometimes I get up to high tier maps and two leagues I killed shaper, but most times I don't. Not my thing.

Borzak

Try miner with the macro I posted. You walk through the story and destroy everything, then you buy a tremor rod and you walk through maps and destroy everything. The bossing is on par with the best builds and the clears excellent. If you want to you can invest and go LL, but there's no need to at all. Has the added benefit that you can do any map mod/combinations so you don't have to fuck about rolling maps.

Which macro? I went back 10 or so pages and didn't see it, most likely me being me.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
About this detonate macro:

It will stop if you push z and start if you push z. If you want to type something in guild you'd hit z to stop it spamming d once every .75 seconds. You can edit the Z:: and change it to something else. F3 suspends the script for longer conversations.

;detonate.ahk
#singleinstance force
#ifwinactive Path of Exile

x := a_screenwidth/0,0
y := a_screenheight - 1500
detonating := 0

splashtexton, , , detonating
winmove, detonating, , x, y
winhide, detonating

z::
if (detonating) {
detonating := 0
winhide, detonating
settimer, detonateloop, off
} else {
detonating := 1
winshow, detonating
settimer, detonateloop, 750
}
return

f3::suspend

detonateloop:
send {d}
return

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
All the 2H slams are doa unless you suddenly make 2H leech nodes function like health flasks or shit.

everyone will be running nubloch, foils, savior, or paradoxica. Sounds familiar.

I’m starting siege ballista. It’s surprisingly good.

I did it with assassin, duration stuff (ignite and poison) and vaal haste

Was surprisingly good

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Any suggestions on a starter build that is more ranged spell damage? Think the step son is going to give POE a shot, still both noobs but i like to still plan ahead :) He is playing in your face build of some sort so i'd like to go pew pew from ranged. We are playing around on standard and blade vortex is fun but is abit short ranged so want to pick a more ranged mage build and try from scratch this week in prep to be abit more familar for next weeks start (again total noobs). Now that i'm playing will probably be playing pretty heavy for 3 months.

How is this one? Any better suggestions? Saw the corpse spellsinger one as well but didn't really appeal too much.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Any suggestions on a starter build that is more ranged spell damage? Think the step son is going to give POE a shot, still both noobs but i like to still plan ahead :) He is playing in your face build of some sort so i'd like to go pew pew from ranged. We are playing around on standard and blade vortex is fun but is abit short ranged so want to pick a more ranged mage build and try from scratch this week in prep to be abit more familar for next weeks start (again total noobs). Now that i'm playing will probably be playing pretty heavy for 3 months.

How is this one? Any better suggestions? Saw the corpse spellsinger one as well but didn't really appeal too much.

Try Arc maybe, it's pretty good if you get the enchantment for chain. Bossing is pretty mediocre, but the clear is good and it blows stuff up nicely and is fun. Try Enki's Arc Witch, this builds been around forever and has a popular following.

Borzak

Arc was probably the best build I played back when it was the meta build of the league. It was a lot of fun. Kill shaper with it pretty effortlessly.

The one linked looks great for a starter with an explanation on the build for everything explains why using this and whatnot. I like the explanation.

Already having the search links for gear is a huge bonus for a new player or lazy player like myself. I may play it.

Last edited: