Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve never really bothered with warcries before - will the instant war cry still interrupt what you’re doing? I remember something like vortex wouldn’t interrupt a channel

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
working on a really retarded str stacking bane build just for fun. im trying to see if i should use guardian ascendancy - is there a really simple way to get 5 allies, to take advantage of the onslaught buff? i plan on skitterbots for 2 of them, wasnt sure what to do past that - only thing i could think of was multi totem wither spell totem or herald of purity but neither option is perm

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I kinda want to go spellslinger, but I don't want to do VD or DD. Is there another way to go with it?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Preparing tonight researching shit, looking forward to our first league. Step son took the day off tomorrow, tell me they dont have server issue bullshit like EQ TLP's?

Few questions for anyone bored as i start searching mr.google

1) Recommended loot filter? Particularly for 100% noob and 90% noob player?

2) Any additional mod's that are QOL or must have's? Any chance any map mods that show where entrances are etc vs looking at a second screen?

3) Which currencies should be not worried about using as we level in lower levels to try and make minor improvements in gear quality as we go. I'll be doing alot of reading on later game currency/crafting tonight but just early on any general guidence?

4) I'm going arc witch which has a pretty detailed guide to follow until i can start thinking on my own. Step-son wants to do a cyclone build, with patch notes in mind any suggestion for him as far as type of cyclone (2h more vaible or is it only a DW build?) and any build links you think are good? He doesn't care/have a clue on ascency, just wants to spin :)

5) Anyone in FOH guild that can invite him or give me invite rights?

6) Is there a way to set loot to be individual based vs. shared? Looks like we share loot tables at the moment when grouped, assuming no way to change that?

Appreciate any suggestions/info!

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
T turbo

Get neversinks loot filter it’s generally good for beginners get the default one for now. I would stop picking up transmutes/augs/scrolls once you reach maps but it’s up to your comfort level. Some people stop picking those up from like act2 onwards but I’m not some big time racer and I hate not having a wisdom scroll when I want one

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Preparing tonight researching shit, looking forward to our first league. Step son took the day off tomorrow, tell me they dont have server issue bullshit like EQ TLP's?

Few questions for anyone bored as i start searching mr.google

1) Recommended loot filter? Particularly for 100% noob and 90% noob player?

2) Any additional mod's that are QOL or must have's? Any chance any map mods that show where entrances are etc vs looking at a second screen?

3) Which currencies should be not worried about using as we level in lower levels to try and make minor improvements in gear quality as we go. I'll be doing alot of reading on later game currency/crafting tonight but just early on any general guidence?

4) I'm going arc witch which has a pretty detailed guide to follow until i can start thinking on my own. Step-son wants to do a cyclone build, with patch notes in mind any suggestion for him as far as type of cyclone (2h more vaible or is it only a DW build?) and any build links you think are good? He doesn't care/have a clue on ascency, just wants to spin :)

5) Anyone in FOH guild that can invite him or give me invite rights?

6) Is there a way to set loot to be individual based vs. shared? Looks like we share loot tables at the moment when grouped, assuming no way to change that?

Appreciate any suggestions/info!

League launches are normally pretty smooth. You should try to update the client a couple of hours before start. Then wait till servers are up and get in the queue and wait, the queue is usually fast.

Neversinks filter, it's normally finished an hour or so before the start.

Flask macro, don't leave home without it. Anything that messes with the map is banned (maphacks).

Set your loot filer to normal if you want to pick up useful stuff. Set it to strict/very strict if you want to go fast or once you have a 6l and are in maps and you don't want to do the chaos recipe. Generally while doing the story the only thing that matters is links, you want to try to get 4 links as early as possible. Other useful stats are move speed and resists. You won't be there long enough to spend currency to improve your character. Keep all your currency until you hit maps.

Don't know, you'd need to ask someone else in here as I'm not playing so didn't read patch notes in depth.

Make a post in this thread for an invite.

You'll share loot tables yes. There's no individual loot table, just the monsters. If you want share loot them use perm allocation, it will divide the drops and you'll only be able to pick up highlighted drops until you or others zone out.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I might make a go at it this league. The arc starter build that was linked her was updated for launch already. I may wait a while to start. No real goals this league, just seeing if I can do it. I thought about going self funded for a few then reality set in.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
T turbo

Get neversinks loot filter it’s generally good for beginners get the default one for now. I would stop picking up transmutes/augs/scrolls once you reach maps but it’s up to your comfort level. Some people stop picking those up from like act2 onwards but I’m not some big time racer and I hate not having a wisdom scroll when I want one

Same, I rather waste a second every so often picking up the stuff than having to trade for it if I get in a pinch somehow out of stuff to vendor for it.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Thanks appreciate the feedback! Any thoughts on best direction for cyclone build? Not worried its top tier etc just a solid guide to follow and probably abit more tanky ideally.

Guessing there is no auto loot functioanlity in this game....man sell a pet or item that auto picks up items/currency etc. Print that money....or are they worried about RMT automating shit too much?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Thanks appreciate the feedback! Any thoughts on best direction for cyclone build? Not worried its top tier etc just a solid guide to follow and probably abit more tanky ideally.

Guessing there is no auto loot functioanlity in this game....man sell a pet or item that auto picks up items/currency etc. Print that money....or are they worried about RMT automating shit too much?

Not autoloot, there is in China but that's Tencent for you. Visit the forums and look on the Jugg boards find a 3.11 cyclone build and take it from there.

elidib

Vyemm Raider

look up a guide for champion impale cyclone

no, there's no autoloot.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Guess I'll try out this VD spellslinger thing before it gets nerfed next league. Probably play casually, maybe make a slam build if anything ends up being good there.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Never played PoE but I was a big Diablo 2 fan back in the day and I'm curious to check this out with the new launch but it seems like there's an incredible amount of foresight and planning that needs to go into building a character. How fucked would I be if I just winged it?

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Yeah, that's doa. I could understand 1s with a pre 3.11 brand recall. I'm curious what Necro build was posting numbers that required putting a cap on Corpse Pact. I can see peak, but no way was Arcanist Brand actually consuming that many corpses consistently.

Fist of War is doa too.

Some asshole at GGG has a hardon for 1-2 combos and has a fundamental misunderstanding of smooth feeling gameplay. Name me a 1-2 combo that's actually fun to play instead of misinterpreted as fun because it's powerful.

I don't see how 1s activation on Arcanist Brand is DoA. Storm Brand deals an average of 707 base DPS to the target it's attached to. As an example, Wave of Conviction Arcanist Brand will do about 1,070 base DPS to the target it's attached to. If you assume the lost gem link for Arcanist Brand is worth 40% more, that still leaves you with 760 base DPS, higher than Storm Brand. It might be slightly too undertuned but they had to do this to keep people from just deleting stuff with high cast time high damage spells like Fireball. Fireball with the 3.11 buff is also going to give you almost triple the returns from added damage than vanilla Storm Brand does.

Defiance

<Bronze Donator>
How fucked would I be if I just winged it?

Find some guided skill trees for a main gem(ability) you want to use and you can wing the rest without getting too sidetracked in progress. If you make your own tree while winging it you'll end up spending currency on regret orbs (to fix dps issues/respec tree). That currency is better spent on upgrades while you learn.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
God damnit not being able to decide on a build. Haven't tried Arc and that looks fun, but the "Cannon do these map mods" section of the build looks awful. How many builds can straight up ignore map mods?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
God damnit not being able to decide on a build. Haven't tried Arc and that looks fun, but the "Cannon do these map mods" section of the build looks awful. How many builds can straight up ignore map mods?
Very few builds can ignore all mods. It's more a 1 to 4 bad mods kind of thing. The notorious ones are obviously phys/ele reflect, which affects a very large amount of builds, then the ailments/poison/bleed ones which affect build scaling these specifically and finally the no regen shit which is just tedious on most builds but on a few hurts quite a lot. If you play say Ignite, you'll probably get fucked by both ele reflect and ailments and possibly suffer from no regen too, so that sucks, but if you do a chaos spell build like ED/Cont, you kinda don't care about too much(even no regen since you only cast 2 spells every couple seconds rather than constant spam).

I'd assume Arc is only weak against ele reflect and no regen(depending on how it's built), which is fairly standard, most builds are like that tbh, and no regen can often be circumvented by switching a flask to a mana flask for that map. But generally you just reroll the maps, it's no big deal, and reflect maps can be run once you get the right sextants.