Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I love when people that start ancient threads just ups and starts being a faggot. I was about to come here about how nobody posting in this thread over release weekend means league mechanic is bad.

League mechanic is still bad. I was trying to put it into concrete words. To steal directly from someone else: this is Talisman with more steps.

vomit1.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
It’s too tedious, I think the concept is neat but they didn’t execute it very well. That interface needs to be more readable and setting up all the pylons and bullshit is just annoying. Even getting tier2s to grow for me feels like a chore. Which sucks because some of those higher tier crafts seem cool, it’s just blocked behind too much bullshit. I’m finding it easier just to spam click n run them, use the crafts to mod my maps or cluster jewels, then just condense the rest. I have so many full storage tanks that I may never use

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
8+ mirrors in 3 days? all ethical play? No exploits? No currency trade bots or other automation? With a team or solo? Was it trade farming or actually playing?

100% trading, mostly maps and the shit that dropped from them

Korea is killing everyone ladder and who TF is El Diablo Jose killing it in SSFHC?

• 2Like

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I'd be cool with you just rclick plant the fucking seeds when they drop and then harvest them after you rclick some fertilizer on them that you got from area encounters. I don't mind crafting league at all but I really dislike interacting with any of that shit and it really is standard with "influenced" currency.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I love when people that start ancient threads just ups and starts being a faggot. I was about to come here about how nobody posting in this thread over release weekend means league mechanic is bad.

League mechanic is still bad. I was trying to put it into concrete words. To steal directly from someone else: this is Talisman with more steps.

vomit1.png

I just came to the Gaming area and this thread was more than half way down the page.

I admit that this is the first league I did not join in a couple of years. Apparently I chose well.

I was looking for information and I think the lack of it is enough.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Also, I freely admit to not reading a single in-depth thing about the league, but the posts on this page make it sound exactly like the Mystical Agriculture and Essence Farming mods from Minecraft. Speaking of which, it has been a couple of days since I played MC Eternal. Will check back in later!

Chris

Potato del Grande
What are the OP starter builds this league? I'm starting on Saturday for the PS4 release.

I don't want to do Bane even though it one shots everything to lv70 because I just did that, but something of that power level with more survivability would be nice.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Not a good sign when a popular streamer expects his viewer numbers to drop off rapidly due to the league.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Sounds like it's pretty terrible. Glad I'm not playing judging from Byr's post a couple of days ago. I hate every one of those mechanics he mentioned. Maybe they'll do something with a patch but it sounds like a bit of a lost cause.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I was watching Alkaizer and he also thinks this is the worst league they've done so far(not including beta stuff like onslaught).

Crappy league plus stash tab drama is going to turn people away pretty quick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah. I didn’t even log in and I was finally at maps. I’ll do my 24 challenges and maybe try some new slams then I’m out. I’ve also made a poison based siege ballista build I want to try. It will probably suck but meh.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Good work if you can get it. Make money selling stash tabs and then drive up demand for them by increasing the stuff that needs a stash tab in a "free" game. About time for another long winded manifesto from Chris about how things are going to change going forward and he hears players. Then nothing happens but players bend over backwards buying supporter packs cause he said it was going to change.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
What are the OP starter builds this league? I'm starting on Saturday for the PS4 release.

I don't want to do Bane even though it one shots everything to lv70 because I just did that, but something of that power level with more survivability would be nice.

Necro VD spellslinger to VD arcanist brands once your dmg starts hitting the wall. The increased cast speed from consuming corpses gives an increased activation rate on the brands.

Caeden

Necro VD spellslinger to VD arcanist brands once your dmg starts hitting the wall. The increased cast speed from consuming corpses gives an increased activation rate on the brands.

Can you run that as life based and be ok I guess? If so I’m starting that this week.

Xevy

Log Wizard
League isn't bad, but it takes work for the higher end rewards, which hasn't been a thing since probably Talismans and even then it was just inventory space management. You can set up a bunch of T1 farms and nothing else and just plant seeds until everything is full and ready to go and still get some really good shit this league. The T2/T3/T4 shit is mostly niche and maybe a few "targeted ex" type things.

Mathil always says he expects his viewer numbers/players to drop 1 or 2 weeks into League because it does. The only league that had staying power for a long, long time was Legion in my recent memory. Delirium/Metamorph certainly could've but they had broken mechanics that didn't get fixed until the usual QoL and fix passes at ~2 weeks and ~4 weeks into a league.

The real reason this league feels lacking is because you don't just keep killing to do the league mechanic. You have to do an extra step or two and people just want the mindless grind of Legion/Delirium. Metamorph, probably one of their BEST league mechanics, was panned originally because you had to manually click on the organs in the map. People in this FREE TO PLAY game are whiny cunts and don't deserve half the content they get for $0.

Which brings me to the stash tab debate. I bought all three. Why? Because if you play enough (most people won't) that shit can fill a quad tab and several of your blank currency tab slots. It was mega convenient. I had all my oils/as many delirium as I could fit in my blank currency tabs, a tab for blighted, a tab for organs, and a tab for catalysts. The 3 for $10 is the best fucking value they've ever had for a tab bundle. My friend said "OH JUST USE A QUAD TAB FOR THAT SHIT". There are currently only premium quad tabs for sale as of last night and they're $15. Fuck that.

These redditors need to just be scrubbed from the face of the game. They're inflating minor issues like new tabs cost (when they probably all drop 50 bucks a league on MTX because they're fucking anime fans or whatever) and then burying real issues like lifeforce storage/not accessing stash fully in Grove/no using currency in Grove on banked items/T2 seed availability/harvest and lifeforce count. GGG unfortunately tends to actually listen to reddit so they're going to have to address bullshit issues like some tabs no one has to buy (but people who play more than 4 weeks a league probably SHOULD) and not fix the things that would help actual retention in leagues.

It's like if Twitch listened to this forum and then had to ban all female streamers "because they make money too easily" so then when we're up late at night looking to oggle some game grils and instead have to just watch even more asperberger neckbeards who don't talk during gameplay because they're the "true gamers".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

I don’t get the stash tab issue. You don’t really have to have any of them. And frankly, the damn game is free and a monumental value compared to any ARPG and most MMOs with subs. Fuck, this game is a better MMO so to speak than anything out there that’s labeled mmo outside maybe wow and FF14. And it’s still a better game than wow.