Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
To reiterate/clarify, in a vacuum, I think the changes to Harvest are likely in the right area. The problem is that they also tell most players "fuck you, go back to dealing with our shitty trade system". I don't want Harvest, I want Not Trading.

I don't know how they don't know this. But maybe they do and can afford it because there's no real competition on the horizon. Maybe Last Epoch? IDK, I've considered putting down the genre and grindy gaming altogether. Might become a true casual.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Magic has an ARPG going into open beta in a week or so I think.

I haven't played in a month+ probably due to other game stuffs, but Harvest was super weird. I loved the potential, but I got too up my own ass about items and I had a million items to "fix" and would use EVERY craft option every time and it was overwhelming when you hit a streak of harvest crafts during a grind session. If I recall they're increasing frequency but decreasing recipes so I'm not sure if this alleviates that or not.

I was all for power to the players. Craft up whatever you want. Sell your crafts for easy money. Make ridiculous items that couldn't happen any other way or without crafting congloms. But it probably was a bit much. It 100% was Harvest league 2.0 with some other stuffs. Everyone was just mapping to get that next Harvest fix. I'll miss the cheap as dirt exploder bases as explode chests make clear so nice for almost every build and allowed a lot of single target shit like One With Nothing players to clear decently and do higher deliriums with less risk.

Overall we'll see how it "feels" I guess in 3.14. I don't know if they nerfed it enough or too much from how I read it, but I've been removed from PoE for the last month or so, so I probably mixed out on a bunch of smaller balance tweaks and fixes.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
To reiterate/clarify, in a vacuum, I think the changes to Harvest are likely in the right area. The problem is that they also tell most players "fuck you, go back to dealing with our shitty trade system". I don't want Harvest, I want Not Trading.

I don't know how they don't know this. But maybe they do and can afford it because there's no real competition on the horizon. Maybe Last Epoch? IDK, I've considered putting down the genre and grindy gaming altogether. Might become a true casual.

Epoch is a very simple game that's currently more akin to Torchlight than anything else. If they keep up development it might turn into something neat over time as the devs are a hard-working bunch. Whatever arpg takes the crown from PoE will start small and build up from a sold base, I'm not sure that base is Epoch myself.

It just feels a bit bland to play when you compare it to PoE or GD, but those games have had loads of time and expansions/leagues.

• 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Finally about finished with this amulet, easily the strongest item I've ever crafted. Worth 2.1 million DPS in POB for my character and caps my chaos resist.

1615722055956.png

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I opted to drop my 50ex into rolling my occultist into a carrion golem elementalist. Mainly did elementalist over necro because I’ve played a bunch of necro and didn’t want to go LL. Instead went life with divine flesh. Figure I’ll play this a week and be done with the league.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I loved the potential, but I got too up my own ass about items and I had a million items to "fix" and would use EVERY craft option every time and it was overwhelming when you hit a streak of harvest crafts during a grind session. If I recall they're increasing frequency but decreasing recipes so I'm not

I dont understand how this is not what they want from their player base? I was actually picking up a ton of rates this league looking for one or two good mods so that I could make my own gear via self found crafts. I rolled half my own jewels, my cluster jewel, and all but 3 pieces of my gear. It was a glorious time sink. Now it is gone and I will not play because every league will be worse without those goals.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
been just buying up bunches of maven writs to practice her for next league and icant seem to break my 25% success rate in beating her, despite how many writs ive done. theres just some serious bullshit with some of the bosses she can spawn holy fuck. im pretty sure i got a reflect boss once as i kept zoning in and insta gibbing. get touched by her beam and its gg.

also her memory game in the final phase is HORSESHIT. its borderline impossible and is pretty much a guaranteed death for me so if i dont have atleast 2portals at that point im fucked. if anyone has a strat there besides 'kill her before she does it' let me know because i have probably done 15 mavens now and my success rate on it has gone from 0 to 0

was hoping to add her into my bossfarm rotation for next league but shits looking very sketch. and i generally do a9 sirus and uber elder deathless on this same build. definitely feels like the new hardest fight in the game

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
ive yet to do the feared actually, uber atziri requiring a lot of changes for the ele reflect and i cant be arsed. im sure that fights harder actually

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
been just buying up bunches of maven writs to practice her for next league and icant seem to break my 25% success rate in beating her, despite how many writs ive done. theres just some serious bullshit with some of the bosses she can spawn holy fuck. im pretty sure i got a reflect boss once as i kept zoning in and insta gibbing. get touched by her beam and its gg.

The reflect moves were taken away from the bosses in one of the early patches this league, they may have missed one but probably not. As for the beams, make sure you arn't using dash as a movement skill and use flame dash instead. Dash gets hit by everything you move over while flame dash is an actual teleport.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
also her memory game in the final phase is HORSESHIT. its borderline impossible and is pretty much a guaranteed death for me so if i dont have atleast 2portals at that point im fucked. if anyone has a strat there besides 'kill her before she does it' let me know because i have probably done 15 mavens now and my success rate on it has gone from 0 to 0

Impossible how? You can't remember the order? Or you have degen zones spread around the area so you can't move? Something else like dash like byr said?
Even if you have infinite damage sometimes (most of the time?) she just instantly starts the memory game so you're gonna need to learn it no matter what.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Impossible how? You can't remember the order? Or you have degen zones spread around the area so you can't move? Something else like dash like byr said?
Even if you have infinite damage sometimes (most of the time?) she just instantly starts the memory game so you're gonna need to learn it no matter what.

I completely forgot about the degen zones. The zones are important to manage to keep an open field to move in. They don't deal a lot of damage so its easy to place them all on top of each other. I usually use the middle of the arena.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
its the moving beams on the last phase, how are you supposed to do the memory game while avoiding those moving beams is what i dont get. maybe i just dont have enuf flame dash cooldowns? i cant make it in time while trying to dodge thru the little spaces between the moving beams

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What do invitations for atlas regions do if you don't have a full 10 bosses witnessed for that region?

Fuck me, I should have made a character named Karsa Orlong.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Despite my complaining I managed to beat Sirus at awakening zero and then at awakening eight to close out my time in this league (for a while at least). As I am a shitter we can confirm that Harvest is indeed broken. Basically what happened was over the span of two days the game shoved in my face more currency and Harvests than it had in the last month including a Harvest that was so much better than every other one I had ever found ever it didn't even make sense.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
its the moving beams on the last phase, how are you supposed to do the memory game while avoiding those moving beams is what i dont get. maybe i just dont have enuf flame dash cooldowns? i cant make it in time while trying to dodge thru the little spaces between the moving beams
I wasn't expecting this answer, to me it feels like you get plenty of time so long as you don't have any degen zones slowing you down and eating dashes. Unless you mess up and you fail the game and it speeds up ofcourse. Don't really have any helpful advice either except the obvious ones like only dashing when you really have to to get over a beam.