Path of Exile

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Xevy Xevy

The decision to allow any streamers to bypass the queue was clearly a mistake. Instead of offering viewers something to watch while they waited, it offended all of our players who were eager to get into the game and weren't able to, while instead having to watch others enjoy that freedom. It's completely understandable that many players were unhappy about this. We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality.
We will not allow streamers to bypass the login queue in the future. We will instead make sure the queue works much better so that it's a fast process for everyone and is always a fair playing field. We will also plan future marketing campaigns with contingencies in mind to better handle this kind of situation in the future.

This is exactly what I said he would say.

Also a shitload of the player base is now taking their frustrations out on streamers which isn't fair to them (except Empy, since he was pretty fucking stupid with his reply).

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
And the first part of that sentence is exactly what I said.

Edit: Oh, and a LITERAL business decision to give queue priority to the people they were paying 200k to play their game. The ones like Mathil, Emp, etc were unnecessary for sure from a business standpoint, but again I enjoyed watching people while I waited.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It must be in the water in NZ. They say a lot and I mean a lot. But like Chris manifestos stuff rarely changes. We'll see.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Reddit's saying that people are linking hundreds of duped ex in chat. If that's the case then they really have no choice but to kill the league and start it once the issues are resolved. That's If they want things to be fair like they say.

They won't tho, cause Chris is a gigantic cunt.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was about to start but I think I'm going to hold off until things get more stable and it's very clear I'm not totally wasting my time.

• 1Solidarity

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
100 million dollar company half owned by a multi billion dollar company posting "dur we don't know what we're doing" memes

nice
That was probably on twitter or reddit, since their own website always goes offline with the game (lol on that, too). So I just take it as speaking the language of that audience.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Problems with large scale databases can happen, you can not test every live scenario up front. Human errors happen. But they are no longer a small indie company and this is their godknows xth league and they even took longer this time. Anyway I hope they can fix this without causing more problems (frontend hotfixes tend to backfire on the backend usually).

What really bugs me is what Wilson wrote about paying streamers two hours to play POE. Well those guys like Quin, Ziz, Mathil, Empyrian would have played anyway, right? Why pay them? (and not a single one of those guys flagged their stream appropriately).

elidib

Vyemm Raider
he wasnt talking about them, he was talking about Shroud, who got a paid deal to play the game and show it off, and other big streamers who dont ever play POE.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Reddit's saying that people are linking hundreds of duped ex in chat. If that's the case then they really have no choice but to kill the league and start it once the issues are resolved. That's If they want things to be fair like they say.

They won't tho, cause Chris is a gigantic cunt.

this is indeed hilarious, even more so if you understand russian

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
And the first part of that sentence is exactly what I said.

Edit: Oh, and a LITERAL business decision to give queue priority to the people they were paying 200k to play their game. The ones like Mathil, Emp, etc were unnecessary for sure from a business standpoint, but again I enjoyed watching people while I waited.
You’re being intentionally obtuse. Nobody said it wasn’t a business decision. It was a bad business decision. I have no fucking clue what you do for a living, but large companies set piles of cash on fire over decisions like that all the time. They should have ate it and Chris admitted as much. I stand by that.

I love Alk but his clip sounded dumb. No fucking way they made a decision to idle infrastructure based on a goddamn Reddit thread full of nonsensical posturing they’d heard every goddamn league. I’ll rewatch the clip when my kid naps to see if I missed something but I failed to get his point at all.

edit: rewatched. I’m gonna go with what I said above. That didn’t happen. Or GGG have fuck all business sense. I’m gonna go with they’re not that stupid.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The vast majority of those replies have been fairly accepting of their apology it seems. Meh. It doesn’t affect me too much. And even the hundreds of exalts will most likely not warp the economy given that the league mechanic typically warps it hard and folks who got those dupes were probably people getting lucky early. exalts are going to be seriously consumed this league because of the harvest changes anyway.

I feel sorry for bex. Overall she seems a good person but I bet she is worn out. I’d rather solve technical problems under the gun than people problems.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
GGG said:
Normally, we run a "trickle migration" process in the background that performs this action on every account over the few days between the last league ending and the new one starting. Due to human error, this process was not run and hence the queue was unbearably slow to empty. (We have since codified this step into a QA checklist so that can't be trivially missed again in the future.)

Laugh Lol GIF

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now imagine the launch week for PoE 2, it will break the internet and will be the worse launch in history, even worse than D4's launch (assuming D4 comes out first).