Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it just me or is it every time I watch one of the gameplay videos with new gems, it's like playing D2 skill copy bingo? Hammerdin - check, frozen orb - check

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is I think the last proper league they'll get out before Diablo 2 Colon Resurrection Colon The Search for More Money so I get why there is some D2 looking stuff in here. I played basically none D2 so I'll trust people's word on the skills. Still, there's nineteen new gems this league. How many are D2ey? Two or three?

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forgot totems have activation time that you can't do anything about, so definitely not going to start Forbidden Rite Totems.

Is there another sane way to build around Forbidden Rite?
Inquisitor with Corrupted Soul and Shav's.
Some other class with 90% Chaos Res via Divine Flesh and Born to Chaos.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Forgot totems have activation time that you can't do anything about, so definitely not going to start Forbidden Rite Totems.

Is there another sane way to build around Forbidden Rite?
Inquisitor with Corrupted Soul and Shav's.
Some other class with 90% Chaos Res via Divine Flesh and Born to Chaos.
Forbidden rite is what caught my eye aswell. I don't like Totems so i haven't looked into that even though it seems to be what twitch chat is most excited about.

I wanna do occultist i think just because i get profane bloom scaled to 100%+ of mobs hp pretty much for free.
And i'm thinking CI for a start atleast. Much easier to gear than some divine flesh LL build and i'm not convinced LL would actually be better. Could come down to if +int/chaos spell levels are good for this skill or not (because of amulet).

One thing thats pretty irksome is that i feel like i have to go crit because contrary to elemental spells you get no Ele overload.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Forbidden rite is what caught my eye aswell. I don't like Totems so i haven't looked into that even though it seems to be what twitch chat is most excited about.

I wanna do occultist i think just because i get profane bloom scaled to 100%+ of mobs hp pretty much for free.
And i'm thinking CI for a start atleast. Much easier to gear than some divine flesh LL build and i'm not convinced LL would actually be better. Could come down to if +int/chaos spell levels are good for this skill or not (because of amulet).

One thing thats pretty irksome is that i feel like i have to go crit because contrary to elemental spells you get no Ele overload.
Crit is usually better for elemental skills too! Who knows what diamond flasks are going to look like though.

I wouldn't do Divine Flesh and LL since Divine Flesh makes all damage bypass ES. That said, even just Divine Flesh + Life, you're taking 4% of your life per cast. At a cast speed I like(~1/3rd of a second "use" time for a skill), that's a hefty amount of damage per second. It's the same reason nobody self casts Dark Pact. It might have to be CI, but the scaling from ES on this skill is less exciting. Necro with Kitava's Thirst looks really fun for upping the cast speed since it seems self cast is a requirement.

I really doubt levels will be good for the skill.

Last edited:

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldn't do Divine Flesh and LL since Divine Flesh makes all damage bypass ES.
Oh ya im dumb.

My first draft of a CI version with essence drain as substitute. I was looking at cluster jewels and thought the notables on the chaos one sucked for a hit build. I think a clusters like this could be pretty good though alltough probably impossible to actually craft as good as this.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe just stacking omega regen via conc ground, 15% every 4 seconds BP, some general %life stuff and decent chaos resist might be enough. Really depends on your cast speed I suppose and lower regen maps. Could fuck with the Agnostic too and just stack big mana and hp, but you'd lose the ES damage as Agnostic sets ES to 0. Honestly if resists apply and you can manage to get close to 75% chaos res it really shouldn't be too bad as long as you're not super reliant on your ES for defense as well.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol get fucked slams. I wonder if the seismic cry nerf is even enough to knock earthquake/earth shatter off the top for HC.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a much requested quality of life change, players can now see the effect of non-damaging Elemental Ailments on enemies and themselves, so you can finally determine how powerful your Shocks are on enemies and thus know what benefit they are giving you. This also applies to ailments applied to you, and the buff granted to you by the Cruelty support.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
loldontevenplaytheirowngame
so enemies on Consecrated Ground no longer have additional base chance to be critically hit
There was some nice utility to consecrated ground. Sometimes sticking purifying flame on a trigger for some sustain and INCREASED crit chance. Sounds like Bottled Faith, which is what provide ADDITIONAL BASE crit chance, got fucked over. And honestly deserved to, the flask was stupidly OP. Don't think Sulphur flask deserved this. Didn't even get a chance to rise out of the trash heap.

I'm not a fan of slams by any stretch. But their reasoning for nerfing them seems very inconsistent. It was like their poster child for 1-2 gameplay. Warcries are fucking clunky, marginally less so when invested, and tolerable with instant cast. If you can tolerate warcry -> slam slow ass fucking gameplay, I think you deserve to be a bit OP.

Still reading.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Finishing your flask rework with a still-garbage Coruscating Elixir is just perfect. On purpose?

You know how at the start of The Road Viggo Mortensen is scouring a gas station for supplies and everything is so ransacked and so picked over he resorts to sifting through the garbage for empty oil bottles? We see him tip a dozen of them them upside down in to a pan as the last few drops trickle out to end up with enough for just a few more hours worth of light?

That will be you on Friday. You will be willing to bash in the head of your own grandmother for the

Corus.png

that you mocked during this height of decadence. YOU WILL BE BROUGHT LOW Deathwing Deathwing , YOU WILL BE BROUGHT LOW

• 1Worf

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Unless they have some interesting flask enchants, other than the auto use on ailment, I'm not sure how this really changes much. The flasks set to auto consume on ailment seem rather dead for anything else. Flasks one wants up as much as possible would still be in a macro.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man, Inquistors just got it from both ends. Conc ground doesn't give crit against targets on it AND no elemental immunity.

But man that regen sure is... regen!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Haha, they are fucking idiots. Slams sacrificed clear speed and survivability for bursting down bosses. This didn't even help with multi phase bosses since we had to stay in melee range and lost all rage/charges unless investing into a specific medium cluster gem. In fact, acting like melee needed a nerf but keeping ranged builds powerful is so tone deaf that I don't think they will wvwe understand the vast majority of their playerbase.

As for flasks; I cannot wait for the deaths that come from them not allowing curse/ailment immunity but not changing how powerful and fast those effects RIP through their new lowered defenses.

Man this game sounds like it is going to be super fun.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Bodyswap now has a base radius of 14 (up from 10), but only 200% more area of effect if consuming a corpse. This results in a radius of 42 (up from 40) when consuming a corpse, so it is still higher.
1.4 * 3^0.5 is greater than 4^0.5, but it is concerning to see someone forgot area = pi*r^2 Bodyswap on a 40+ radius might actually be playable! I was tinkering around with it and it just leaves too many stragglers and jumps you around to places you don't want to go.

Further details on flask rework does not alleviate fears of ailments and curses in maps. I guess we'll have to see how easy it is to pick up those passives on the tree. But if I have to spend 30 required passives immunizing myself to bleeding, bad bleeding, curses, freezes, and covid...I'd rather have old flasks back.

Underused skill buffs was dumb. I know it takes a lot more effort to mechanically change a skill, but that's the actual problem. I will never play Spark because casting it near any occlusion will eat a significant chunk of your projectiles. I don't care how much damage it has. I played Hateforge VLS for exactly one night because the build was clunky.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh ya im dumb.

My first draft of a CI version with essence drain as substitute. I was looking at cluster jewels and thought the notables on the chaos one sucked for a hit build. I think a clusters like this could be pretty good though alltough probably impossible to actually craft as good as this.

Was planning on speccing out a couple builds tonight. So far, my pick for starter is either Holy Flame Totems Heiro into Forbidden Rite Inquisitor or Life-based Exsanguinate(or Storm Rain) Mines Sabo.

Looked at your PoB briefly. Your cast speed seems way low. Not sure about the cluster, they provide ~100 ES per point. A minor ES node provides ~150.