Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sigh. Guess it’s time to read the patch notes closer. Guess it got gutted

Arcane surge lost all cast speed, meaning the heiro surge nodes are a complete fucking joke and are never to be taken again.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
gwa3drx1dyd71.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
After playing around with Forbidden Rite, I'll say that I doubt it gets nerfed even though the +proj behavior is unintuitive. You definitely need to scale some AOE to ensure overlap. And without some proj speed, the clear is just average. The projectiles don't split, btw.

I did see a couple interesting builds. Looks like poison traps or mines could be very powerful since they get the 50% buff but avoid the nerfs to Assassin and Pathfinder. I've been playing Crit Exsanguinate Mines partly because it works around the reservation changes that fucked over mana-based mines. You can easily reserve your entire mana pool throwing your mine limit. Even if you support the spell with lifetap, it still reserves mana.

I want to try poison with Exsanguinate but having some issues making it work. Mines doesn't make much sense since high-impact won't effect poison and I don't want to use blastchain. Sustained usage of Exsanguinate Traps will eat all of the regen from Saboteur, so how sustain? Mines can supplement their sustain with Machina Mitts. Mana sustain on traps seems really fucking annoying, I don't want to rely on an Enduring Mana Flask. Is there some build that addresses all these issues?

Really annoyed they didn't walk back the 300% on Lifetap Support. 6L Corrupted Fever is still mostly unplayable. Cluster Jewel nerfs really hurt it as well. Did they not realize how little support on the tree that phys and fire dot builds get?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
In hindsight i was asking a bit much for a league start requirement but finally got my forbidden self cast gloves done. Had no clue they were going to nerf drops on top of makin things harder, I haven't gotten a single exalt, or divine/annul orbs for that matter to drop...
1627494411932.png

it has what i wanted but ofc they could be higher tiers. Finish it off by crafting +1 to aoe gems and a slam.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In hindsight i was asking a bit much for a league start requirement but finally got my forbidden self cast gloves done. Had no clue they were going to nerf drops on top of makin things harder, I haven't gotten a single exalt, or divine/annul orbs for that matter to drop...
View attachment 364384

it has what i wanted but ofc they could be higher tiers. Finish it off by crafting +1 to aoe gems and a slam.
Speaking of drops ot feels like I'm not getting shit for currency. Even basic shit I need like alts and alchs. This league just feels so shit. The worst thing about it is I enjo u the slower combat pace but the character progression just doesn't feel great.

Anyone else feel like this? Only in yellows so maybe I'm jumping the gun but I just don't feel the motivation to keep going

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Speaking of drops ot feels like I'm not getting shit for currency. Even basic shit I need like alts and alchs. This league just feels so shit. The worst thing about it is I enjo u the slower combat pace but the character progression just doesn't feel great.

Anyone else feel like this? Only in yellows so maybe I'm jumping the gun but I just don't feel the motivation to keep going

I think they are depending on you buying currency off the midget.

I haven't put in a ton of time but the legacy content like Blights and Heist are all dropping the same amounts of shit. The three natural exalt drops I've gotten have all been from logbooks. It's the regular mapping that is ass for currency and I think Deathwing is right. I think your basic mapping is all pro-rated with the new content. You're cleaning out the Currency Midget on the regular.

I wonder if this is part of a broader nerf on map power farming?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya it feels like only maps had a hard currency drop rate nerf...I guess the last few leagues have been out of the norm in how i could stop doing anything but maps. But now i've taken up delving again, i don't mind, delving can be fun.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Anyone notice jboots are slower too?

Normally I'd agree, but I think I agree that the drops are garbage.

I'll play for a few hours and get 20-25c drops in maps.

I'll go heist for an hour and get that easily. Heist is far, far higher drops than general mapping is, at least where my build is atm. It's also weird to be in almost red maps at this point and still not earned over 100 fusing orbs.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Normally I'd agree, but I think I agree that the drops are garbage.

I'll play for a few hours and get 20-25c drops in maps.

I'll go heist for an hour and get that easily. Heist is far, far higher drops than general mapping is, at least where my build is atm. It's also weird to be in almost red maps at this point and still not earned over 100 fusing orbs.
To be fair, raw fusing drops have always been shit. Those and alchemy's are the two important currencies that have no reliable way to gather as raw drops. I managed enough Jewellers last league to get 1,200 fusings to 6L my weapon (I was too impatient to wait for 300 more, and Delve was being a bitch and hadn't given me the 6L recipe anyway), but I was always eying my dwindling stack of alchemies as I rolled up the next set of maps.

But I would agree that historically GGG has always turned the dials behind the curtain to secretly adjust drop rates to account for changes they have made to the game. I really wish they would be more transparent about WHEN and WHAT they change. They readily admitted several times in the past to doing it, the problem is not letting the community know.

There is no question they nerfed currency drops. And no question that league currency vendor is amazing, because I def have more currency of all types now than I usually do at this point.

Edit - and I am one of those losers who always does the chaos and regal recipes. I just find it something to do as I map, picking up stuff to dump in tabs to pull together for the recipes - breaks up the repetition.

Last edited:

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I"m just going super slow for a few minutes at a time. Hopefully they patch some changes by the time I get somewhere.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Ya it feels like only maps had a hard currency drop rate nerf...I guess the last few leagues have been out of the norm in how i could stop doing anything but maps. But now i've taken up delving again, i don't mind, delving can be fun.
Lack of currency from the league mechanic added to some bad RNG can easily feel like a currency nerf.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
To be fair, raw fusing drops have always been shit. Those and alchemy's are the two important currencies that have no reliable way to gather as raw drops. I managed enough Jewellers last league to get 1,200 fusings to 6L my weapon (I was too impatient to wait for 300 more, and Delve was being a bitch and hadn't given me the 6L recipe anyway), but I was always eying my dwindling stack of alchemies as I rolled up the next set of maps.

But I would agree that historically GGG has always turned the dials behind the curtain to secretly adjust drop rates to account for changes they have made to the game. I really wish they would be more transparent about WHEN and WHAT they change. They readily admitted several times in the past to doing it, the problem is not letting the community know.

There is no question they nerfed currency drops. And no question that league currency vendor is amazing, because I def have more currency of all types now than I usually do at this point.

Edit - and I am one of those losers who always does the chaos and regal recipes. I just find it something to do as I map, picking up stuff to dump in tabs to pull together for the recipes - breaks up the repetition.

Alchs are one of the most reliable currencies you can obtain, the game literally shits out uniques at every opportunity.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Thank god POEDB exists or GGG might have to actually make their game systems worthwhile.

1627575338060.png

1627575402713.png

1627575421153.png

1627575381634.png

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled