Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Right, I guess my point is that the hydrosphere and tornado won't add to the projectile craziness. Or at least, not much. Tornado does look like it will be good for single target.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I know that in Path of Exile the pressure is to do fewer things better versus doing more things but I still think it's cute to have another button that soaks projectiles and does something.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Most impressive thing is that Chris said "good uniques only" this league and all these uniques actually don't suck. But I'm sure there will be some real duds in the bunch that are used in some meme build that takes mirror gear to maybe kill A8 Sirus. That's the PoE I know and love!

Somewhat worried that since they don't suck they'll be omega rare. I don't remember what league it was, maybe metamorph, there were several cool items and they actually dropped decently. I think Astral Projector was like one of the rarest and it was something like 1-3 ex at it's most expensive. Very different than Hateforge which just seemed like a winning lottery ticket.

For those of you with thin skin I'd be aware that the league mechanic is very likely to not work well/fuck your computer over for the first few weeks. I expect it to have some major bugs too, but I'm sure we'll figure that out as we go.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Bugs in a PoE league? You don't say. But, if they're smart they'll not squander this opportunity as they did a few years ago when Blizzard made a misstep. I expect all major bugs to be patched by the time the New World players hit the content wall in a month or two.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Last league was pretty low on new high impact bugs. Xevy just couldn't pass up an opportunity to display he is better than thou, even with his misuse of thin skin.

• 5Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Last league was pretty low on new high impact bugs. Xevy just couldn't pass up an opportunity to display he is better than thou, even with his misuse of thin skin.
Misused to the point that it didn’t even make sense. But hey, I’m just thin skinned when I expect something I’m investing money (time is money, friends) into to actually work. Frankly, I’ve never found most Poe launches to be buggy, instead it’s usually just half-baked design choices and carpal tunnel-inducing mechanics.

Anyway, I’m considering playing this league if I can find something interesting. I’m in the thick of leading a plant start so I’m pretty much working 12-16 hour days and sleeping so maybe not.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Not every post I make is about you, sweetheart. I meant the people who didn't even play last league because they thought mana would be impossible to manage and they'd never do damage with their reduce support gems.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what the fuck GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Feels like mana would be a concern if you do that and it comes with the downside of your weapon having worse dps.
I really wanna do Mjolner with it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Almost makes some shaper/elder 6 link weapon/wands worth it. Free 9-10 link skill, ez! Just stack flat somewhere else!

Influenced Convoking wands may not all be terrible. Nice to get a beefy boi AG or Zombies in there. Really cool idea they've got with the "x supports gems socketed in y". Wonder if they could eventually make that a mod that affects stuff like boots/gaunts/helms since you can get decent built-ins on them, but rarely do you run it as anything but an extra 5 link for debuffing or cursing or clearing or something.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Influenced Convoking wands may not all be terrible.

That was the first thing I thought, what can I do with a six link minion wand.

edit - ok, I'll Flame Link my Reaper that is rocking a Convoking Wand with um, Elemental Damage With Attacks support and Added Fire Damage and shit?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Feels like mana would be a concern if you do that and it comes with the downside of your weapon having worse dps.
I really wanna do Mjolner with it.
Mjolner needs something besides cyclone as a trigger. Poets Pen looks fun.

That said, I'm not sure what 1-2 combos are left to abuse in a trigger setup since blade blast got taken out back.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Detonate Dead in Poet's Pen/The Squire and Desecrate on Spellslinger or Kitava's Thirst. Nothing else came to mind, maybe they got over their itch to make everything 1-2 combos. Might be a bit awkward to contact a pack and all you initially do is cast Desecrate. But once you get your rhythm going, you can kinda stutter step from pack to pack. Anyone's that played BF BB in a Poet's Pen setup should be familiar with what I'm poorly describing.

1-2 combos aside, Mjolner and Arakaali's Fang seem to have the most promising power. Shame both are a bit clunky in their own way.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Some day, I'll own a wand or claw skin. Petty bitching aside, those challenge rewards look pretty good. 36 pet feels almost like a waste, that should be something you can slap on a golem or spectres.

I might have to buy a supporter pack, they've made a lot good decisions this patch. Because money? Because it's the right thing to do? Does it really matter?

There's still some bad in there, I ain't giving up my right to bitch.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
These new uniques are actually good like they said they would be, which is a bit of a surprise. The new masteries also look pretty strong across the board, although some of them are pretty disappointing. I can "kinda" see why they removed range on strike skills, seeing as how they added +3 range on the melee mastery and +3 range on sword mastery(which doesn't require a sword, you just have to waste a few passives that are sword specific to get access if you feel like you need). +6 range on strike skills actually sound pretty good. Also baseline fortify(slightly reduced max for it, but no need for fortify link on main skill which is pretty big).

Overall some pretty good stuff, minion stuff is pretty unimpressive though short of links working on minions, and even that looks gimmicky as fuck between the mana cost to sustain and the relatively short duration. I'm also not sure how the targetting is going to work with this shit, are you supposed to manually click on the minion you want to target? In the middle of 150 minions? If you click on a skeleton or SRS you just die? Sounds pretty ass.

I don't know if I want to play though, limited time before Endwalker releases, I guess I could probably get the weapon skins though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Minions got fucked hard :(
How so? The aura stuff? I've just glanced at the masteries and there's some lacking stuff perhaps, but it didn't seem too awful. Definitely lacking in the OOMPH department like some masteries. I mean this is fucking nuts:

1634588206353.png

That was on axe/sword clusters as the rarest weight (tied with Devastator iirc). I spent probably 400-600 chaos trying to roll a good one and I saw it maybe 4 times. That's nutty.

Not sure how linking works with minions, but if you put it on your tank AG it might be alright. Same goes with Monty zombies and tank boi spectres. I'll probably just flame link my Montregul zombies and full fire convert.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
lost around 100% increased damage from the tree, lost EE(the 8% pen doesn't really compensate), lost the minion duration/SRS refresh cluster. The masteries are pretty lame; could have put the SRS refresh behind a mastery for instance.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not sure who it was I was watching (don't know all the streamers by name) but the new gloves he was looking at made it look like they could have some crazy shenanigans on an animate guardian. Last league was dead to me, but this one I may actually play. I usually try to do one build I've never played before and fall back to a familiar one if it doesn't feel good. Thinking about trying Velnya's stormbrand occultist as my 'new to me' build since it looks like it will benefit from some of the buffs. (although an ED/Cont farmer looks like may be really really good for league mechanic as well).

Some of the new unique items look crazy. Too bad I'm too much of a scrub to be too hopeful of getting to content that drops them.

• 1Solidarity