Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Making pretty good progress working my way through endgame for the first time. The new bosses are a joke and really need their difficulty buffed up considering how good their necks and jewels are. Elder and shaper are really easy, shaper with maven observing is kinda annoying though. I imagine uber elder is pretty easy regularly, I only did it once with maven observing and it was kinda chaotic but not too bad, 3 portals. Sirus I kinda hate the way that fight works, I think it took 4-5 portals learning it after watching a video on it. Maven is my favorite boss, first writ I failed, second one I aced no deaths. It's a really fair fight imo, unlike my impression of the Sirus fight. I got lucky and got an awakened multistrike which is like 20 something exalts. I've also done formed, twisted and elderslayers all rare, seem pretty easy other than that random drox one shot. Will work on forgotten and hidden next, not sure if my build is ready for feared or not, people say its the hardest so I don't really know what to expect.

Here's my build if anyone is interested (spectral helix deadeye), and any advice on if its able to do feared yet or not would be appreciated. (edit: the main skill is on the wrong spectral helix in the pob)

I haven't played Helix more than for a few levels while leveling so i'm not an expert. Anyways..

You don't have level 5 awakened ele dmg w/ attacks that i can see so..do you get reflect immunity from somewhere else for atziri?
But if you have that covered, my guess is that white/blue/gimped rare feared could be doable but a gamble really if you can get it done in 6 portals.
Because you won't be able to burst anything down when you have 2 x (n) hits million dps at MAX distance.

SO that was my first thought but then...
I checked helix on poe ninja and they don't seem to get outrageously more dps than yours, maybe 2 or 3x that i can see...And people praise helix to the moon so i would assume those people can do the feared so perhaps it's no problem?

All to say i don't know

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fun detected(still totems).

Hope that neck gets nerfed just from sheer popularity.

Wakandan?

1645745891854.png

Really not trying to fomo this shit before league end man.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're not missing anything. The neck is a bunch of (too many) stats, nothing creative about it. The gloves enabled a new build, kinda, but it was still clunky fucking totems.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't played Helix more than for a few levels while leveling so i'm not an expert. Anyways..

You don't have level 5 awakened ele dmg w/ attacks that i can see so..do you get reflect immunity from somewhere else for atziri?
But if you have that covered, my guess is that white/blue/gimped rare feared could be doable but a gamble really if you can get it done in 6 portals.
Because you won't be able to burst anything down when you have 2 x (n) hits million dps at MAX distance.

SO that was my first thought but then...
I checked helix on poe ninja and they don't seem to get outrageously more dps than yours, maybe 2 or 3x that i can see...And people praise helix to the moon so i would assume those people can do the feared so perhaps it's no problem?

All to say i don't know

I just bought awakened ele dmg and awakened added elec, plus a couple alt. quality gems. I think I'll hold off on feared for a little bit though and try to get a better claw first maybe. And probably replace atziris step with some nice rare boots that'll still keep me capped on spell suppression but let me get some of those juicy eldritch implicits.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is what I've settled on for my atlas passive tree atm. Using legion, breach, sulphite, harbinger/strongbox for scarabs and ambush on the map device. So far I've either favorited strand or cemetary, not sure what other maps are good/better. Zoom to boss hitting sulphites otw, then clear the map. I've probably spent a couple hundred respec points testing out different tree builds, not saying this is the best but it's what I've enjoyed the most so far.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Sale on wings and cloaks. Spend 5 points and get a mystery box. Spent 5 points on a Weta pet and got Divergence Character Effect, not a bad look. Didn't have a character effect before.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
This is what I've settled on for my atlas passive tree atm. Using legion, breach, sulphite, harbinger/strongbox for scarabs and ambush on the map device. So far I've either favorited strand or cemetary, not sure what other maps are good/better. Zoom to boss hitting sulphites otw, then clear the map. I've probably spent a couple hundred respec points testing out different tree builds, not saying this is the best but it's what I've enjoyed the most so far.
What map are you using for zooming to the boss?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What map are you using for zooming to the boss?
I've used both strand and cemetery. Cemetary you get there faster but strand you get more stuff packed into the map. I think city square, mesa, ashen woods are also good. I personally like coral ruins too.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have some ilvl 85 boots that I really need to switch the cold res to fire res if anyone runs across a harvest with that anywhere. I'm only in yellow maps, so none of the ones I can get personally are high enough level, and Im kinda stuck as my FR is at 77 and I still need to kill act 10 boss for the skill points.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I have some ilvl 85 boots that I really need to switch the cold res to fire res if anyone runs across a harvest with that anywhere. I'm only in yellow maps, so none of the ones I can get personally are high enough level, and Im kinda stuck as my FR is at 77 and I still need to kill act 10 boss for the skill points.
I have an 83 cold to fire on my station if you still need one.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a heads up, if anyone else was sleepin on the new jewels because they assumed they'd be so rare they'd be worth mirrors.
Atleast if you can think a bit outside of the box there should be some cool stuff to do for cheap.
I've gotten 2 jewels in 4 kills, so they seem pretty common, mine sadly happened to be worthless.
It's funny how skewed my view of the jewels was. They seemed both cheap/worthless and common to me at the time. Now i've probably killed the boss 20+ more times and got 1 more jewel (i hear it's a 10% droprate).

Which, by the by, happened to be slayer one, was 70c at the time, so pretty worthless. But i was playing ascendant, and didnt really know what jewel pair i'd use so picked up the red slayer too for 2 or 3 ex. Now it's probably 40-50ex for the pair.

Borzak

Omniscience has really turned the traditional market sideways in some ways. Some things now going for quite a bit that you would have vendored before or kept rolling.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m gonna finish my trapper in a day or two. Do a skele mage then maybe finish a few challenges. I want to try elden ring and I am realizing I am more pissed off that I can’t just play all the fucking time on poe

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

I am definitely not a min maxer. Got two characters up through 2/3 of red maps. Hit a wall with my LS and cyclone build. There's LOTS of room for for even cheap improvement but dicking with trade is an instant turn off. Have about 20ex I could put in. Lazy I guess is another word for it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
League's pretty sweet. The only thing that I haven't liked so far is at least 50% self-inflicted. Trying to do Defeat Archnemeses III (the specific combinations one) having given it zero thought for the entire league with a full boat of whatever organs and partial combines was not a good time. With some proper organization and planning it would have been no problem but what I was doing was more like trying to put together a LEGO set when you already built some other shit out of half the pieces. I blew quite a few organs along the way just seeing what would happen and that was not a good idea. I need how many Frenzied for this? Oh.

Related is target farming organs has been universally shitty for me. I've got a spreadsheet someone put together combined with my own notes and it just never feels like it matters. Treating the whole thing as a catch as catch can versus trying to form Exodia has worked much better for me.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
League's pretty sweet. The only thing that I haven't liked so far is at least 50% self-inflicted. Trying to do Defeat Archnemeses III (the specific combinations one) having given it zero thought for the entire league with a full boat of whatever organs and partial combines was not a good time. With some proper organization and planning it would have been no problem but what I was doing was more like trying to put together a LEGO set when you already built some other shit out of half the pieces. I blew quite a few organs along the way just seeing what would happen and that was not a good idea. I need how many Frenzied for this? Oh.

Related is target farming organs has been universally shitty for me. I've got a spreadsheet someone put together combined with my own notes and it just never feels like it matters. Treating the whole thing as a catch as catch can versus trying to form Exodia has worked much better for me.

Thats the one that took me the longest too. I tried following the spreadsheets on which maps to farm for which nemesis things but I can't say I came away feeling like it was quicker. The one thing I did notice however was that maps which are populated by a certain tilesets mobs worked very well for farming drops from that tileset. For example, maps with the populated by solaris mod gives Temple tileset mobs which drop Sentinels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Kinda feels like they've given up on this league too. Has GGG had two clunker leagues in a row?

Perhaps related: I've found myself spending a non-insignificant amount of time leveling builds only to eventually remind myself of an aspect of the build that ruins it for me. This is after gearing for maps, of course. I need to start writing this shit down.

I don't like slow builds because they get you killed for standing in place for too long.
I don't like (too) fast builds because they don't mesh well with stutter step playstyle. The right click becomes too weak to kill a pack until you way overgear.
I don't like minions because they dum.
I don't like (precise) aiming.
I don't like gem swapping for bosses.
I don't like builds with separate clearing and bossing skills because the clear skill is often pathetically weak that it can't kill chunky rares.
I don't like 1-2 combo builds unless the combo is only required on bosses.
I don't like builds that require looking at the UI. Call of Steel is an example of this. Builds that try to cheat another dps aura via divine blessing support is a recent example of this.

Am I old man PoE player? Or is PoE still a good game in spite of GGG?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users