Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Harvest is rape, average joe blocking that shit. Also, at risk of rehashing this conversation again(because nothing has improved with Harvest), I think you're overlooking all of its rough edges. You said it yourself, the game is very rewarding currently. Why put up with interrupting your mapping flow so that you can maximize powerful reforges for numerous WIP projects? I think you have to like crafting and trading, especially GGG's awful implementation of both systems, in order to make Harvest feel fun and worthwhile.

How did you get Conc Path totems to A tier clear? Even scrounging for as much attack speed as I could find, the totems were always lagging behind. If I bothered to place Ancestral Protector, the clear was good but somewhat inconsistent. They could easily teleport the wrong way and you have no Convocation to leash them.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've got their attack time down to ~0.26 seconds, so they're attacking almost 4 times a second and with three of them, all oneshotting any but the beefiest of rares, I basically just put down Prots, then concs and walk them like dogs along with me. When I run out of range with Prots I resummon them, but you have to get the rhythm right or you'll summon 4+ prots instead (with multi totem support) and stand around with your dick in your hand.

The 18% ancestral protector enchant is a must, MUST for this build. I'm pretty sure it gets applied not only for each totem, but it gets enhanced by ancestral shit giving you omega attack speed. For instance with just onslaught (from med cluster) and my conc totems they're at 0.53 attack time. Summon two protectors and they're at 0.26. Somehow they're giving me 100% more attack speed. That's fucking insane. Also makes leapslam quick as fuck for clear. You can slam jam with your totems as you only need 1-2 concs at a point to clear linear maps fine. I'm using Conc Effect too unfortunately, but if I switched to crit multi or something the clear goes up even more. Throw in a wildin' Vaal Warchief for things like Legions and it's just a massive no-brain, no-aim clearfest. Ideally can clear 1-2 screens per conc/prot summons and every 4 seconds for onslaught to stay up, but honestly I just summon one conc totem every 3ish seconds until my protectors are out of range then resummon them.

Here's my build. PoENinja has it listed as 7.1m dps per totem which is hilariously off, but I think I'm comfortably at 50m+ without even hitting vaal skills or flasks.

Harvest is what it is. The power there is immense. I wouldn't be suprised at this point if most of the people spamming it never played it in Harvest or Ritual so have no idea how fucking dumb it was and are blissfully ignorant. But it's perfect the way it is. If you NEED a item made or looking to make one for profit, turn on some nodes and you've got it every.fucking.map. If you hate wasting time in there, fuck it, turn it off. Go get more quant and bigger packs and hopefully buy what you need with raw drops. I've just turned it off for my Mapper because I don't have THAT many items I need to work on and sometimes those rares stacked in there can be a pain in the dick. I know a lot of people turned it off or didn't spec it so they could blast faster. Until they needed something whether it was a craft or a base to shit spam or whatever, then they savored every fucking one. I think the system is perfect as is. More Augs would be fine, but if they put back in augs for influenced items as well and add in targeted annuls you just make it outweigh every other mechanic in the entire game.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm so fucking poor that I actually got excited when tabula dropped today, so now I can finally have a 6 link. This league is fucking me in the ass so hard it's almost unreal. Maybe it's payback for me shitting on the game the past few years.

This is weird. This is by far and away the most profitable league I've ever played by a long shot. Nothings even close, except MAYBE legion.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've got their attack time down to ~0.26 seconds, so they're attacking almost 4 times a second and with three of them, all oneshotting any but the beefiest of rares, I basically just put down Prots, then concs and walk them like dogs along with me. When I run out of range with Prots I resummon them, but you have to get the rhythm right or you'll summon 4+ prots instead (with multi totem support) and stand around with your dick in your hand.

The 18% ancestral protector enchant is a must, MUST for this build. I'm pretty sure it gets applied not only for each totem, but it gets enhanced by ancestral shit giving you omega attack speed. For instance with just onslaught (from med cluster) and my conc totems they're at 0.53 attack time. Summon two protectors and they're at 0.26. Somehow they're giving me 100% more attack speed. That's fucking insane. Also makes leapslam quick as fuck for clear. You can slam jam with your totems as you only need 1-2 concs at a point to clear linear maps fine. I'm using Conc Effect too unfortunately, but if I switched to crit multi or something the clear goes up even more. Throw in a wildin' Vaal Warchief for things like Legions and it's just a massive no-brain, no-aim clearfest. Ideally can clear 1-2 screens per conc/prot summons and every 4 seconds for onslaught to stay up, but honestly I just summon one conc totem every 3ish seconds until my protectors are out of range then resummon them.

Here's my build. PoENinja has it listed as 7.1m dps per totem which is hilariously off, but I think I'm comfortably at 50m+ without even hitting vaal skills or flasks.

Harvest is what it is. The power there is immense. I wouldn't be suprised at this point if most of the people spamming it never played it in Harvest or Ritual so have no idea how fucking dumb it was and are blissfully ignorant. But it's perfect the way it is. If you NEED a item made or looking to make one for profit, turn on some nodes and you've got it every.fucking.map. If you hate wasting time in there, fuck it, turn it off. Go get more quant and bigger packs and hopefully buy what you need with raw drops. I've just turned it off for my Mapper because I don't have THAT many items I need to work on and sometimes those rares stacked in there can be a pain in the dick. I know a lot of people turned it off or didn't spec it so they could blast faster. Until they needed something whether it was a craft or a base to shit spam or whatever, then they savored every fucking one. I think the system is perfect as is. More Augs would be fine, but if they put back in augs for influenced items as well and add in targeted annuls you just make it outweigh every other mechanic in the entire game.
Yeah, I remember now that clunkiness with ancestor totems. I guess I prefer braindead clearing builds.

How do you deal with incidental damage? Unless I'm misreading, 18k armor and VMS are your defensive layers? Sustain looks good though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I remember now that clunkiness with ancestor totems. I guess I prefer braindead clearing builds.

How do you deal with incidental damage? Unless I'm misreading, 18k armor and VMS are your defensive layers? Sustain looks good though.
Leap slam around, hope MS or VMS is up for big hits, totems leech for me nonstop. Takes about ~1.5 seconds to fill up full health from their leeches because I THINK they have multiple instances of leech per totem active at once rather than just one leech cap. At least I think that's what's happening because it's faster than my 1800/second cap or whatever it is. Usually armor/molten shell is enough and totems generally kill shit before it kills me.

Xevy

Log Wizard

This is the shit Reddit is for. Some really good info in there, I knew probably only like 60% of it and some really helpful stuff in there if you're trying to pop out prefix boots or craft an essence weapon. The adding of a crafted shit mod like +mana on both items to help increase the odds of 'grabbing' other affixes is pretty cool. Definitely don't try and read it if you're not really, really interested, but there are some index sections on how to get x or y.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Should probably spoiler that shit, for size.

I wonder if people would put in this much effort if they weren't being hose fed mats.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I just kinda yolo'd a decent pair of boots. I wanted to keep the projectile pierce and tried to add spell block onto it. Got kinda lucky I guess. Probably not the best but it worked:
1653954314312.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
GodDAMn what is the defense flavor for this league? Is it just effective hit pool as high as possible, because my usual defensive measures are not fucking cutting it.

I am dying to Delve rares at level 72 (my current char is 83), especially if there is more than one. Ridiculous. I can do the Abysses but I am skipping them, and I don't even look at Legion, their elemental damage was a challenge before this league.

Mind you, I am still not having much luck with gear, and my hp pool is only 5,200 atm, def not high enough. But the number of immediate 100% to 0% health deaths has been phenomenal so far.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
GodDAMn what is the defense flavor for this league? Is it just effective hit pool as high as possible, because my usual defensive measures are not fucking cutting it.

I am dying to Delve rares at level 72 (my current char is 83), especially if there is more than one. Ridiculous. I can do the Abysses but I am skipping them, and I don't even look at Legion, their elemental damage was a challenge before this league.

Mind you, I am still not having much luck with gear, and my hp pool is only 5,200 atm, def not high enough. But the number of immediate 100% to 0% health deaths has been phenomenal so far.

Determination+Grace+Defiance banner. Use in combo with Molten Shell and a granite flask. Try and cap spell suppression if you can.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hrm I am using Grace but my other auras are offensive. I suppose I need to rethink it. I have Molten shell also. I am pretty sure I have zero spell suppression with my existing gear set up.

I am fucked. They sure made this game a little more inaccessible to the more casual audience. This same build took me easy to T16 maps last league, and I am currently struggling on T8. Then again, I suck at this game, but call me representative of the casual audience.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
My LS champ with 80k armour + evasion, spell supress, ailment immunity, 4500 life, 1k ES with ghost dance, fortify and molten shell obviously still plants a lot.
Sometimes to a rare mob taking a normal swipe at me after i buffed it's damage 150% with wrath of the cosmos (and whatever else the altars have done). But usually to some invisible to me exploding thing because ggg love visual clarity /s

Point being i have no clue how ppl play this on HC

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leap slam around, hope MS or VMS is up for big hits, totems leech for me nonstop. Takes about ~1.5 seconds to fill up full health from their leeches because I THINK they have multiple instances of leech per totem active at once rather than just one leech cap. At least I think that's what's happening because it's faster than my 1800/second cap or whatever it is. Usually armor/molten shell is enough and totems generally kill shit before it kills me.
I noticed your Vaal Ancestral Warchief isn't linked to multi totem support. Won't it eat one of your consecrated path totems when you summon it?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I noticed your Vaal Ancestral Warchief isn't linked to multi totem support. Won't it eat one of your consecrated path totems when you summon it?
It will, but there's an order you summon. Protector, concx3, then warchief, then conc again. Then you have 1 prot, 1 warchief, and 3 conc.

Headhunter got rebuffed. The forums think it's bad without testing it. It's fucking ridiculous. 60 seconds of Soul Eater. The rare changes help too, guildmate getting 30+ different buffs on him as he destroys every map. Regretfully I was going to buy one knowing it'd get buffed within a day or two, and tried to buy one for 39 exalt earlier and the guy relisted it because it had god tier corruptions (multi/attack speed with flasks).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Headhunter buffs are in. It's not quite as good as it was with self-curse setups, but it's leaps and bounds better than it ever was before for normal-ish builds just wearing it.

Interestingly it's insanely defensive now? I only had time to play around for a couple of maps but you nearly instantly cap/overcap all res + chaos res, get 50% phys reduction, max charges, thousands of ES etc.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Over 99% of hardcore players are running Determination. It's probably over 90% in SC too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Got me thinking, what would be a good attack skill for mines or traps? Obviously, Toxic Rain used to be popular with mines, as the guy is using in the skill. I can't remember why it isn't played that way anymore. Is it because of ballista totems?

Shame those jewels are prohibitively expensive. This may not strictly be gating content, it doesn't really open up any new playstyles. But I bet there are some creative minds that dismissed giving them some serious thought simply because they cost so much.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It should work with blade trap then as well I assume? That's where I'd go given the insane availability of elemental daggers/claws these days.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Over 99% of hardcore players are running Determination. It's probably over 90% in SC too.
I rage quit. I am not spending the next hours farming T4-6 for slightly better gear while I level up a Determination.

Either I especially sucked this league or GGG is actively pulling the fun out of this game. Either way, I am done with the league.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Arch nemesis mods in general can just eat a bag of ducks. What they need to do is put back the old rare mods and have AN be some ultra rare type of mod that shows up in maps (and can be stronger again as well then) and has an equivalent level reward.
As it stands now? Some of the mods are just so retarded the way they cancel builds. Have a discharge build? Fuck you this sentinel arch nemesis mod blocks 80% of your spells so it follows you around like the fucking mageblood alt art while you clear the rest of the map. Shits just so dumb.
There’s a reason even soft core is pigeonholing into certain defensive setups and it homogenizes the game and makes it boring. I guess cwilson won’t be happy until we all only play 8k life/5k es detonate dead builds

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users