Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pretty standard "nerf everything that has been meta for 2 leagues" approach.

I wonder if there's more individual skill gem adjustments in the full patch notes.

Sunder buff looks...actually large?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Really curious about Trickster rework. The last rework had some neat shit, but was very underwhelming and then moving Ghost Dance to the main tree was a major neuter. Hopefully they do it justice.

My minion build MAYBE got nerfed? Not even sure honestly. I lose some +levels from Unnatural Strength, but potentially gain it back with corrupted items and if you run a phys minion build Unholy Might is pretty sweet.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Top end of minion builds will be a net buff. You won't be walking in to red maps for free now wearing a tabula anymore though I'd wager.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Top end of minion builds will be a net buff. You won't be walking in to red maps for free now wearing a tabula anymore though I'd wager.

We minion players need to dig deep and trust what we know in our hearts to be true - that minions will still be free rolling in to red maps after this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Skeleton mages took a huge hit.

I don't understand the Sniper's Mark "nerf". Who was this mythical player abusing it for life and mana flask charges? I bet it was the same guy exalt slamming his gear.

Xevy

Log Wizard
We minion players need to dig deep and trust what we know in our hearts to be true - that minions will still be free rolling in to red maps after this.
SRS will absolutely carry to yellow maps. Just throw in some zombies and phantasms for helping and it will destroy.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tone deaf spell suppression nerf deserves its own post.

"This results in capped spell suppression feeling like a mandatory pickup for most characters that want strong defences". No, the game's lack of reactive defenses and lack of other options for spell hits makes it feel mandatory.

Lower right, spell suppression. Every one else, hope you like shields?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think they want you to use 1/2 of your portals on every map, that's the goal. Not just boss maps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No changes to lightning strike, nightblade, and champion. Latter indirectly buffed and debuffed by reservation and defiance banner changes though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some interesting stuff that won't be figured out until later, but the Tawhoa's buff combined with fortitude changes could make slamming feel much, much better. What's interesting is they did 0 to change attribute stacking builds EXCEPT Omni. Brutus/Int Wands/Dex Claws/Hollow Palm are all still omega powerful. They are of course missing the Sentinel boots which were something like 40% more dps straight up, but if that's a one-league only thing that's fine. I could definitely see a Brutus Slammer being pretty good this league.

The reason they pushed more suppression to the right side and off items was because getting 100% suppression from 4 pieces of gear and some minor investment + 50% or more spell block with glancing blows meant that you were blocking almost all spells for 20% of the damage, then taking half of that. That was the ridiculous part. Now it's very unlikely for glancing as well as max suppression, but people can definitely still do it. Defiance banner got nerfed, but the reduced crit buff part is actually really nice to try and get uncrittable without major investment. Molten Shell still untouched and the only nerf to it is essentially the mana reservation mastery nerf and defiance nerf. But now with arctic armor and the new phys as ele craft on chest you can do some big fucking phys mitigation without having to just stack armor to 100k.

Sunder looks very viable and some weird stuff like Shock Nova and Reave maybe be pretty big when some one tries and fuck with it. Minions are a ??? except for skelly mages/skellies in general getting fucked pretty hard, which was fine.

I'm guessing there's going to be some new affixes in Lake a la Betrayal/Synth/Sentinel that may give us some of the power we're losing with these nerfs. But we won't know until the livestream and the following datamine.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
In the context of spell suppression or spell block, sure, that change makes sense. In the context of "You want to bolster your defense again spell hits" it makes less sense. Spell suppression needed more competing availability. Block does as well, glancing blows is a crutch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Read the manifesto and... Well... Yeah all that is pretty shitty.

If there's no new skills this league it's definitely gonna be a pass.

I'm not coming back to self cast flameblast and use wards.

Damage effectiveness doesn't make a skill good, it hasn't worked on ice crash and it's not going to make sunder a thing.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't see anything with lightning strike nightblade but maybe it was buried somewhere. If that's still the go to meta with some extra steps for resists due to omni, they didn't really do anything besides shit on the other 99% of players.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sunder's damage was fine, it was the trash speed of the wave that was the problem. Now that it's faster it's going to be much nicer, but still maybe outclassed by other skills with just nicer QoL clear. Ice Crash is ridiculous BECAUSE of it's added damage effectiveness. That's why the hardest hitting Hollow Palmers are Ice Crashers. Stacking flat with high effectiveness with sources such as abyss jewels or stat stackers makes it shine.

The fortify changes for melee on the left side of the tree will also help negate some suppression needs as Fortify will hopefully be easier to get and Fortify is just a flat chunk off of hit skills. So if melee can actually keep max stacks up, that's nice. Who knows if that's possible though. I don't know what people want if spell block and spell suppression are both viable options to counter spell damage to a large degree. A new defense mechanic or something? The suppression nerfs aren't even that bad considering people were nearly getting 100% suppression with 0 investment in the tree to begin with between 4 pieces giving something like 31/21/18/18 suppression not including a shield or any jewels/passives. Now it should be something like 75% suppression bringing it in line with glancing blows block shit.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
As I said, more availability that goes wide without blowing up the top end.

What does a left side 2H Attack build do for spell hits? Classic LL Pain Attunement spell caster? Non-Raider Bow CoC?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As I said, more availability that goes wide without blowing up the top end.

What does a left side 2H Attack build do for spell hits? Classic LL Pain Attunement spell caster? Non-Raider Bow CoC?

Max res. Or the realistic answer is to just use small clusters to max out suppression until you can get stuff like watchers eyes or escapes.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Transcendence loreweave baby. Big fat 200k max ele hits.

Challenges done. Armor set is pretty fuckin sick

Capture.PNG

• 3Like
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Sunder Jugg with forbidden Tawhoa incoming next league. Probably going to be meta for like a week then dropped due to it all still sucking 😬