Path of Exile

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is ED/Contagion these days? Thinking about starting that and just wanna run maps super fast and maybe juice 50%ish.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
early economy is going to be really interesting since everyone and their mother is going to endless heist

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Heist is not the only way to make money, if that's what you're insinuating. If, instead, you're referring to key uniques and gems that are Heist only...well, I believe that reinforces my previous post.

As with any league start, I'd suggest playing a build that is SSF friendly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thought this worth passing along.

Turnback time applies to throwing extra mines and unleashing extra spells but NOT throwing extra traps. The part about it not applying to traps is in a discord screenshot with openarl.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Think I'm going to run a Molten Strike Jugg setup for this league. The new unbreakable node combined with the Brass Dome is just ridiculous, you can almost get away with using all offensive nodes/items other than those 2 things... almost. I'm 50/50 on whether to go zerker and get unbreakable forbidden jewels, or keep the setup I have now in POB with rite of ruin jewels. I think the choice comes down to whether you want unstoppable or the other zerker stuff. I'm definitely going to test out the kaom's spirit gloves while using leech and lgoh for recovery, having crazy long Berserk uptime would be pretty awesome. It looks like I can get some pretty silly defense numbers going with decent enough damage with pretty attainable gear unless I miss my guess. 6L brass dome goes for like 4-6ex (divine now?) which would be the only semi-expensive item unless people want crazy money for forbidden gems this league.

I'm tempted to try a kaom's heart + dissolution of the flesh megalife setup just to see if it's as bad as advertised but I'm 85% sure it won't be worth it with all the DoT and degen the game likes to shit out. I was hoping a ward flask would fix it but ward doesn't cover DoT/degen, apparently. I bet even with 9K life and petrified blood + strength of blood it won't be good.

If I get bored it might be fun to play with the new lightning skills, but everyone and their dog will be doing that.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Didn't know this guy could be so funny.

Still don't know what kind of Trickster I want to be. Scourge Arrow might be great for getting a ton of levels, and might even be able to scale into bosses. Soulrend obviously would have horrible single target but I don't know if its bad enough to not do T16 with a lil juice. And every non poison chaos skill I look at I just think "this would be way better with Occultist in almost every way".

Then there's Lance's RF. Haven't done that in a while and never Trickster version.

Then there is Blade Vortex into Winter Orb which can probably scale maps super well but will be ridiculously expensive.

Anyone else know some good Trickster shit that will be smooth as a first and most likely only character for the league (don't really care about ubers or even shaper/guardians.) But would like to scale maps a bit.

Choices choices.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Think I'm going to run a Molten Strike Jugg setup for this league. The new unbreakable node combined with the Brass Dome is just ridiculous, you can almost get away with using all offensive nodes/items other than those 2 things... almost. I'm 50/50 on whether to go zerker and get unbreakable forbidden jewels, or keep the setup I have now in POB with rite of ruin jewels. I think the choice comes down to whether you want unstoppable or the other zerker stuff. I'm definitely going to test out the kaom's spirit gloves while using leech and lgoh for recovery, having crazy long Berserk uptime would be pretty awesome. It looks like I can get some pretty silly defense numbers going with decent enough damage with pretty attainable gear unless I miss my guess. 6L brass dome goes for like 4-6ex (divine now?) which would be the only semi-expensive item unless people want crazy money for forbidden gems this league.

I'm tempted to try a kaom's heart + dissolution of the flesh megalife setup just to see if it's as bad as advertised but I'm 85% sure it won't be worth it with all the DoT and degen the game likes to shit out. I was hoping a ward flask would fix it but ward doesn't cover DoT/degen, apparently. I bet even with 9K life and petrified blood + strength of blood it won't be good.

If I get bored it might be fun to play with the new lightning skills, but everyone and their dog will be doing that.
I think you're underestimating how expensive Brass Dome will be. No more cheap divines to fix the max resist roll. So double that, easily.

Unbreakable forbidden jewels will likely be expensive as well. I'm betting there will be some tanky Chieftan builds that will convert most if not all of their phys to elemental and then want to apply their armor to elemental. Now that you don't need Transcendence and Loreweave shenanigans, Forbidden jewels will be the endgame choice.

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Didn't know this guy could be so funny.

Still don't know what kind of Trickster I want to be. Scourge Arrow might be great for getting a ton of levels, and might even be able to scale into bosses. Soulrend obviously would have horrible single target but I don't know if its bad enough to not do T16 with a lil juice. And every non poison chaos skill I look at I just think "this would be way better with Occultist in almost every way".

Then there's Lance's RF. Haven't done that in a while and never Trickster version.

Then there is Blade Vortex into Winter Orb which can probably scale maps super well but will be ridiculously expensive.

Anyone else know some good Trickster shit that will be smooth as a first and most likely only character for the league (don't really care about ubers or even shaper/guardians.) But would like to scale maps a bit.

Choices choices.
Did you look at the PoB I posted? How would Occultist be better? Honest question, looking for feedback. Profane Bloom while sacrificing a lot of move and throw speed was the conclusion I came to.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I think you're underestimating how expensive Brass Dome will be. No more cheap divines to fix the max resist roll. So double that, easily.

Unbreakable forbidden jewels will likely be expensive as well. I'm betting there will be some tanky Chieftan builds that will convert most if not all of their phys to elemental and then want to apply their armor to elemental. Now that you don't need Transcendence and Loreweave shenanigans, Forbidden jewels will be the endgame choice.
You're likely right, but other pieces can fill the bill reasonably well until I can afford a dome. The resists are nice, but it's the armour that's the main thing. As for jewels, that's another reason to lean jugg over zerker, imo.

I bet some people might try dome plus unbreakable and defy pain for replica dreamfeather shenanigans too.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you look at the PoB I posted? How would Occultist be better? Honest question, looking for feedback. Profane Bloom while sacrificing a lot of move and throw speed was the conclusion I came to.
Sorry I should've clarified. I meant spell based chaos damage like Bane/ED/Contagion/Soulrend

Hit based chaos, mainly poison ect scale better with frenzy and trickster def the way to go. With TR you don't really need to worry about lingering packs or anything, but with stuff like Bane and Soulrend the profane bloom is probably a must.

Also in almost all cases it seems like Trickster will be insanely well equiped to handle their defenses.

But maybe Occ gets a wee bit more damage, hard to say with Polymath and how you path.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
After looking at pretty much every starter the content creators are putting out and going back and forth for days, I think I'm just gonna play lightning strike again, champ instead of raider though. Others that looked interesting were venom gyre, bane occultist into forbidden rites coc (might make a 2nd FR char later with a decent budget) and spark inquis. I'm excited to see how the economy shakes out, but planning to craft most of my stuff myself this time as a challenge to learn more game systems.

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
After looking at pretty much every starter the content creators are putting out and going back and forth for days, I think I'm just gonna play lightning strike again, champ instead of raider though. Others that looked interesting were venom gyre, bane occultist into forbidden rites coc (might make a 2nd FR char later with a decent budget) and spark inquis. I'm excited to see how the economy shakes out, but planning to craft most of my stuff myself this time as a challenge to learn more game systems.
I am probably going to do one of the new lightning skills on a trickster, then reach a brick wall and hate myself for my decision.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would think rolling anything with lightning damage would be a mistake just on cost basis alone... Im actually trying to find something different just to get more mileage.

Im really looking at ice spear dead eye, still pretty powerful and will escape the lightning meta where nothing in lightning scales hits/proj afaik.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You're probably right and that sounds like a smart plan.

I'm still starting conduit though :)

queue up

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what are some things you guys pick up to speed run acts on your first char. Obviously all currency thats a no brainer but how do you guys manage buying gems n socket items etc. Do you just pick up every blue 2x2 and smaller and vendor or...

I know people have speed run guides out there but they're always like 4 hours and nobody has time for that shit.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So what are some things you guys pick up to speed run acts on your first char. Obviously all currency thats a no brainer but how do you guys manage buying gems n socket items etc. Do you just pick up every blue 2x2 and smaller and vendor or...

I know people have speed run guides out there but they're always like 4 hours and nobody has time for that shit.

you prioritize things that accomplish the vender recipes you need, and then fill your inventory up like you're talking to sell. I can't remember the best but I always try to make sure i'm 5ish levels below the zone i'm in as I run through.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
1660933290001.png

• 1Mother of God

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's a ton of little things that make up speed running, knowing what you need at X level is one of those, with PoE's massive inventory of gems and builds, its hard to say what is ideal for you.

Knowing what gem colors you need and the skill gem progression you'll be using is paramount, while having your passive tree thought out BEFORE you even make the character is a huge reduction in time, especially if you make a huge mistake and it costs many regrets or a complete remake of your character, slogging through difficult acts with subpar damage/defenses can really set you back.

Getting a 4 link with the right colors is top priority, sell everything that doesn't fit those requirements.

Getting the necessary currency to buy supports and checking vendor for move speed boots everytime you get to town is another huge reduction in time.

Someone who runs through act 1 with no move speed and someone who gets move speed boots after hillock is night and day.

All in all, you can TLDR this with, have a plan and stick to that plan.