Path of Exile

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game has been crashing on zoning all the time for me this league, anyone have a fix for it? It played fine the last 2 leagues, no hardware changes or anything.
Haven't had a single crash or any issue so far this league so not sure on this one. Have had an issue where after a while the game play seems to think I'm about an inch higher than I actually am so it plays weird, but usually fine on a reload/change of zone

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
6 link is one of the most uncompelling parts of poe. They’ve expanded crafting to the point I feel it serves zero purpose. Chromes to me can serve the same cost sink finishing for off-color. Even then. Both go against some comments they made during the poe2 about how many barriers they have between picking up and item and putting it on.

Totally agree with this. 6 linking is just a depressing affair at league start or of zero significance later on.
Just this league i couldn't get a 6 socket in 500 jewelers, so i got 350 more and benchcraft it, and then i couldnt even get a 5 link in 300 fuse. But even if i had been luckier it wouldn't have been any more fun just relieving.

On the other hand even a 4 link inpulsa is sooo good.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Did they somewhat slowed down loot, even rares? I never had so little loot after the campaign and a day of mapping. League mechanic is a bit meh but still okay to do now and then. All in all It feels like playing the same league the third time with just some skill nerfs on top.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
It seems like I was getting less loot too. I even turned down my loot filters just using the default. Never sync thinking maybe something was bugged downloaded a new version of it. Same thing

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Game has been crashing on zoning all the time for me this league, anyone have a fix for it? It played fine the last 2 leagues, no hardware changes or anything.
Maps are practically unplayable for me. I'm getting crashed to desktop on a multitude of things including: all expeditions, all rituals, frozen cabins map. I can't even interact with that content. It's just an immediate crash with no errors. I've tried swapping back DirectX11 from Vulkan but that didn't work. I've never had any stability issues with PoE ever until this league. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Edit: add Delerium to the list. Fuck me.

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maps are practically unplayable for me. I'm getting crashed to desktop on a multitude of things including: all expeditions, all rituals, frozen cabins map. I can't even interact with that content. It's just an immediate crash with no errors. I've tried swapping back DirectX11 from Vulkan but that didn't work. I've never had any stability issues with PoE ever until this league. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Sounds like it's a cache issue.

To clear your client's cache, go to %AppData%\Path of Exile on your computer and delete the cache folders. Clearing your client's cache will clear out several temporary storage locations that Path of Exile uses for things like downloaded images and graphics.

Do that then see if the problem persists.

Willy T

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like it's a cache issue.

To clear your client's cache, go to %AppData%\Path of Exile on your computer and delete the cache folders. Clearing your client's cache will clear out several temporary storage locations that Path of Exile uses for things like downloaded images and graphics.

Do that then see if the problem persists.
I didn't see a specific folder called "cache" so I deleted all the ones that had that in the name - ShaderCacheVulkan, MOTDCache, SahderCacheD3D11. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

edit: Verifying local files in Steam resolved the issue

Last edited:

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't see a specific folder called "cache" so I deleted all the ones that had that in the name - ShaderCacheVulkan, MOTDCache, SahderCacheD3D11. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

edit: Verifying local files in Steam resolved the issue

I had an idea you were using steam but was like nah, nobody uses that shit lol, steam sucks for Poe, many times steam wants to download gigs for a small 4mb patch and apparently has these kinds of issues to boot!

Really seems like it doesnt handle file changes well at all.

Regardless, glad you figured it out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's my big bag of tinfoil theories so far:

-Item rarity/quantity was turned down overall to A: make ArchNemesis feel more rewarding and B: make Uniques less common drops. That said I had an inventory of rares every other zone or more while leveling, so even if so it definitely wasn't that bad.

-Divine Orbs got their drop rate turned up. I've had 2 naturally and originally they're 1:1 with exalts, or even rarer IIRC, but my guildmates and I have had several drop. I think they just 1:1 swapped the straight up drop rate after removing the other sources whereas Exalts still have all sorts of cards etc so you can use them for slamming or T3 crafts

-Lake "Difficulty" is just Empowerment from Sentinel. Thinking it's 5% per difficulty so you're doing 5% less damage per level and they're doing 5% more. Making stuff at level 8+ PRETTY painful when you're almost doing half damage and some nasty mob types (ghosted especially) are ramming you

-The "tune up" that's coming will increase Harvest juice or reduce craft costs, make "difficulty" about 1/2 of what it is now, and make some Arch Nem stuff (Essence, Metamorph) not stack Nem hp multipliers with their inherent hp modifiers.

I'm 88 and I do about 2-4m Sirus dps with minions and I fought a metamorph in a blue T6 map for about 7 minutes last night. Temp Bubble and Magma Barrier and some other shit and it would just prevent my minions from getting to it with temp bubble, then leap away. I died once and I way saying over Discord "this better be worth it!" But then I killed it. 3 6 Links, Imp Bow, ES/Ar Body, and Ar/ES Body. VERY fucking worth it. I think that's the idea they want, it just never works in implementation except 1 out of 50 times. One day they're get the balance right, Metamorph and original Arch Nemesis were close, but they keep fucking up HP modifiers because they can't make things do more damage because people complain, so their solution is just longer fights = harder fights. An example of this is the Expedition bosses in Lake. They have a billion hp, but do like no damage. So you just facetank them the entire time. Kind of a meaningless experience for 3 Astragalis.

Reddit's whining is classic Reddit whiner stuff. There's real problems that should and will be addressed, but again 80% of them can fuck off. Like the outcry over Harvest for COLORING shit? Jesus Christ. Of all the shit they removed that's literally the least useful. Just use chroms or tainted chroms or the white socket recipe they give you in Harvest now or Vorici or the crafting bench. Shit like keep prefix/suffix was a MUCH bigger impact saving shit items than fucking rolling a non-blue blue.

Xurlitil

Trakanon Raider
-Divine Orbs got their drop rate turned up. I've had 2 naturally and originally they're 1:1 with exalts, or even rarer IIRC, but my guildmates and I have had several drop. I think they just 1:1 swapped the straight up drop rate after removing the other sources whereas Exalts still have all sorts of cards etc so you can use them for slamming or T3 crafts

Counterpoint: Nearly level 90, not a single divine drop.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Reddit's whining is classic Reddit whiner stuff. There's real problems that should and will be addressed, but again 80% of them can fuck off. Like the outcry over Harvest for COLORING shit? Jesus Christ. Of all the shit they removed that's literally the least useful. Just use chroms or tainted chroms or the white socket recipe they give you in Harvest now or Vorici or the crafting bench. Shit like keep prefix/suffix was a MUCH bigger impact saving shit items than fucking rolling a non-blue blue.
The point I saw people make about this change isn't that coloring harvests were super OP or super useful, it's that even though it was purely a small convenience thing, it was still removed for whatever reason. Why remove something if it's a bit useful but not strong?

Anyway don't think I've seen reddit frontpage so full of negative posts in a while. Both the league mechanic and the patch have been poorly received. League mechanic is bland, very unrewarding(on average, can hit big time jackpot with mirrored shit but that's so rng) and poorly tuned(breach/beyond are completely overtuned for whatever reason) and the harvest nerfs, archnemesis and loot changes look like just massive nerfs with almost no upside(archnemesis do drop really good stuff rarely, but the odds seem really low and meanwhile it seems drops overall are just down).

This definitely looks like a massive buff patches for the next 2 weeks kind of league.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having fun so far. Haven't done any Harvests but I hope its not too bad. I was pretty excited about just slamming tons of chaos rolls on arbitrary gear.

Trickster RF feeling smooth af with polymath and one step ahead.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The point I saw people make about this change isn't that coloring harvests were super OP or super useful, it's that even though it was purely a small convenience thing, it was still removed for whatever reason. Why remove something if it's a bit useful but not strong?
Here's why they did it. When you have a harvest craft, that costs 50-250 lifeforce (I got 900 lifeforce in a T9 harvest earlier) for a change non-blue to blue, you nearly eradicate chromatics. They took out crafts that specifically removed the use of currency. Divine was taken out as well, which is some-what a punch in the dick, but there were crafts that basically made it so you didn't use your currency. Same goes for the fusing and socketing Harvests afaik. If you can get a guaranteed 6link at 15k lifeforce, why are you ever picking up fusings? Just get chaos/divine/exalts and trade for life force. That is why.

They do these changes for reasons. People are just inexperienced or too dense to look at them from any point other than "MUH POWER!" These are all sweeping balance. They want us to use the currency we have instead of stockpiling it as just trade fodder. The same goes with the Exalt change. I know a lot of people are shocked at the idea of using exalts to slam items, but for a lot of players we USED them. Not a lot, but I'll use 3-5 a league easily. You often have an item that's missing one thing and it's way easier to use on Ex to slam it for fun rather than spend 2-3 ex to get a meta craft and fuck with it or pay 7ex+ for some aug. Now that people have Ex at 10c they'll see three pop jewels you used to only use Leo slams on and go "Oh, I guess I'll blast it!" They're trying to get us to USE the currency we've long such just used as trading chips rather than tools.

Maybe they're not doing it in the best way, but I still appreciate the idea of what they're doing. The "What we're working on" they just posted is a bullseye IMO on what they need to fix. Only problem is it's not a "HOTFIX COMIN" and it could be another week until some of it is implemented.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider

I mean they cannot be serious with this, I guess D3 on Friday going to be popping!

• 1Seriously?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm about ready for my next build but...

Not really sure I want to do this again.

That post from GGG doesn't really sound like they are going to change anything, when you get to red maps they are basically saying you should expect how the game currently is... To be how it will be for the rest of the league.

Everything is how they expected the game to be and that's pretty scary, the fact they intentionally left out the massive nerf to iiq/iir from past league mechanics says a lot about what the "vision" is and they knew it wasn't going to be accepted.

Completely fucking defenses from the manifesto combined with the AN changes on top of gutting item quantity/rarity is a hard pill to swallow.

Everyone assumed this shit was bugged so we dealt with it expecting a fix but... To know this is the direction the game will path towards is pretty sad.

All those uniques they flaunted to hype the league just looks fucking stupid at this point.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Things you don't see in the 78 pages of Path of Exile patch notes. This seems like a gigantic change to me.

The second reason is that we removed a massive historic bonus to item quantity and/or rarity that applied to some league-specific monsters. We replaced it with a moderate (2-3x) increase to item quantity, to offset the fact that they often have more life than regular monsters and some cannot drop maps.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I might've fixed my crashing problem be re-enabling SMT on cpu, which I had turned off for POE before to fix crashing issues... For solving the problem I was rewarded with a divine orb in act 6.

• 1Like