Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Looks similar to Transcendence Loreweave. I think you did the popular berserker version last league and ended up investing far more than I ever did. How does it compare? My budget version felt squishy, especially when flasks fell off.

Speaking of flasks, why Flagellants instead of charge on crit?

How is the clear on Boneshatter? Especially without much investment in stun. I could never get the clear to feel consistent to point where you know you're going to one-tap a pack. The stuns just didn't seem to prolif reliably.

How quick does Vengeance build rage?

I'm only like level 80 still, so lot of work to do before I know how well this will pan out.

I didn't do transcendence again because of the loss of the recombined helmets letting you squeak out that last tiny bit of phys taken as ele. The only way to make it up now is like a triple mod watchers or corrupted shield or taste of hate etc, so figured I'd try out something else.

Clear on boneshatter has been strong so far, unless you roll mobs can't be stunned heh. It does enough damage that I'm just using awakened ancestral call and don't really see any need to swap it out aside from doing actual big bosses. You could get buy with just tribal fury and a glove implicit if you really lacked damage, but so far that hasn't been an issue.

Vengeance is kinda pointless currently cause I'm just using rage in my main link to avoid tanking my attack speed too badly, so not sure if it's really gonna be enough rage generation on its own or if I'll need to go for the glove enchant as well. I may just keep rage regardless though? The quality of life is nice to quickly ramp up stacks, and as far as damage supports go it's only giving up a couple percent vs ruthless or something.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm only like level 80 still, so lot of work to do before I know how well this will pan out.

I didn't do transcendence again because of the loss of the recombined helmets letting you squeak out that last tiny bit of phys taken as ele. The only way to make it up now is like a triple mod watchers or corrupted shield or taste of hate etc, so figured I'd try out something else.

Clear on boneshatter has been strong so far, unless you roll mobs can't be stunned heh. It does enough damage that I'm just using awakened ancestral call and don't really see any need to swap it out aside from doing actual big bosses. You could get buy with just tribal fury and a glove implicit if you really lacked damage, but so far that hasn't been an issue.

Vengeance is kinda pointless currently cause I'm just using rage in my main link to avoid tanking my attack speed too badly, so not sure if it's really gonna be enough rage generation on its own or if I'll need to go for the glove enchant as well. I may just keep rage regardless though? The quality of life is nice to quickly ramp up stacks, and as far as damage supports go it's only giving up a couple percent vs ruthless or something.
You piqued my curiosity. And I really want Boneshatter to "feel good" as otherwise is feels like an OP skill. Or maybe that's just what is required for melee skills to function in this game. Every time I've tried this skill, it's left stragglers that I wouldn't expect for self-proliferating skill.

Anyway, any thoughts on why you chose this version, which certainly seems popular on poe.ninja, over the classic mantra of flames abuse? 100 stacks of fortify and 20 stacks of Trauma(conservative) seems like too much damage to ignore.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You piqued my curiosity. And I really want Boneshatter to "feel good" as otherwise is feels like an OP skill. Or maybe that's just what is required for melee skills to function in this game. Every time I've tried this skill, it's left stragglers that I wouldn't expect for self-proliferating skill.

Anyway, any thoughts on why you chose this version, which certainly seems popular on poe.ninja, over the classic mantra of flames abuse? 100 stacks of fortify and 20 stacks of Trauma(conservative) seems like too much damage to ignore.

I went with staff largely based on the idea of being able to use a large cluster with overlord and devestator on it, cause this covers two things very nicely - not having to use a fortify gem or take any of the fortify wheels, and also getting phys explosions to help cover pack clear in the event you lowroll damage badly and don't have a large enough stun for the boneshatter AE. I hadn't really looked closely enough at the weights on those notables though and actually acquiring the cluster is proving to be a massive pain.

Staff has the added side bonus of an extra endurance charge, which is pretty nice given that the 20% or whatever it is implicit block on warstaves is completely wasted here.

I honestly wasn't even aware people were using boneshatter to stack mantra of flames, but it makes sense if the individual stacks get counted like fortify stacks do. I assume that's all self curse temp chains nonsense to run up insane amounts of fortify/trauma stacks?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yep. With the changes to fortify this league, it seems easy to get max fortify stacks(100, but only 20 apply) even while just clearing a map. The self curse stuff is for trauma, not terribly interested in that as that looks like deep delve stuff.

I was thinking some combination of self chill(including Frostbreath), max res(Brass Dome and Saffels), and mantra of flame could be mixed together. But I don't see that anywhere on poe.ninja, so probably sucks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I went and looked at ninja and they are all using elemental overlord scepters, which I guess makes sense. But yea I see the general idea - just have ~100 buff stacks and ride mantra of flames for nearly all your damage. Pretty cool idea, but I'm not about to retrofit in to it entirely.

This is where I'm at currently. Still missing a large cluster, but that combined with getting rid of the stupid conquerors efficiency should allow me to fit in the forbidden flesh/flame combo, and one last grand spectrum for either max life or i've got the money left over min frenzy charges. Need to recraft my rings cause they mostly suck, and my gloves are pretty meh, but otherwise the gear has come together pretty decently. Chris Ronson himself blessed me with the fire res slam on my body armor and a t1 life slam on my boots even.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I did the mantra Jugg as my 3rd character this league and did some experimental shit (100% of phys damage from hits taken as fire, accuracy stacking with lightning boots) so I lost a lot of potency, but with no self temp chains and alt qual boneshatter with a 1.5ish speed weapon I was able to get 50ish stacks of trauma pretty reliably on bosses, but without the exponential ramping from alt quality passed probably 100ish (?) stacks, it felt really bad. Clearing was abysmal because the stun threshold for elemental attacks is lower so your shockwaves suck. Temp chains self curse really does make it viable as a bosser/mapper.

If you haven't seen the #1 delver guy video it's pretty sick. He gets to up to 1000 trauma on certain bosses but his theoretical dps is literally a billion. Crazy stuff. That said there's still AN mods that can more or else make him kill himself instantly, so that's pretty funny.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Were you goin full ham on the trauma stacking? You stick a couple builds in PoB and put them at reasonable mapping trauma numbers, yeah, their damage sucks. Likely because they are running increased duration and enhance on boneshatter.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was just too many half-cooked ideas (lightning boots, full phys to fire at a very high price) and no self curse. I'm sure self curse would've made it wayyyyyyy better because it exponentially ramps and my jugg's only 83, but I haven't touched him in close to a month probably. I could revisit him, but he's basically a solved build so I have less interest. I did look at that delver guys build and could very easily get to about 80-90% of what he has got going with my current money fairly easily, but I just don't have the drive for it specifically.

Last project I just "finished" is a 91 Heiro Archmage Ball Lightning/Lightning Conduit with Kitava's Thirst. General Archmage mana stacking with 8800 mana, 4k mana per second regen with Kitava's to proc a Conduit blast for single target. It works so-so. The Kitava's is a nice passive thing, but honestly just manually casting Conduit with a better hat for more damage is probably the better bet. Ball Lightning clears nearly every map mob outside of bosses in one Unleash barrage easily, so Conduit would just be a second button for bosses. Did regular Eater nearly deathless. Died once to a perish desync which sucks because with Arcane Cloak up I can eat them. Died once to ??? after I phased him from ball phase. Nothing was on the ground and I was just nuking him and then I got hit 20 times for small amounts and died, but no tentacle cluster to be seen. DPS overall kinda sucked, probably in the 3-10m range and Unleash play is nice when you're dodging but shit when you've got ample DPS time. I will say that there are some INSANE %# of mana regen items you can get from Synth now that make Arch Mage viable again. The problem is it's nearly entirely reliant on them so you'd never be able to start it up until mid league.

Link for anyone interested. Wouldn't recommend it, but I just like to try and resurrect builds people consider dead. This one probably very doable with some perfect gear I just don't to craft like Suppression on gloves/boots and probably on a helm replacing Kitava's.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah I even have one with a Bladefall enchant for an additional volley, but I just can't be fucked leveling another character at the moment. Not sure if they give it a big damage modifier on triggered skills and increase the GCD or maybe just even make triggered skills cost nothing. One of those two things may help it out, but I think it's just outclassed by going all-in on one spell. Even in it's heyday my Bladefall full cleared everything without Bladeblast required for anything but bosses.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Put some more time in to boneshatter jugg. Feeling a lot better with aspect of carnage going, clearing maps pretty good, did a few eaters without too much trouble.

Went and watched Mathil blasting 5 screens at once with shockwave totems and realized I'm probably just done fucking around with random attack skills?

The amount of effort/investment I have to put in to get boneshatter to a place where I feel moderately tanky while mapping is just absurd, and in reality I end up dying more than some totem spam heiro build with 0 defense because it never has to actually interact with most mobs/death effects. Meanwhile I'm 6 passives and an elevated glove implicit in to just getting my map clear to be "acceptable", stacking up armor to ~100k and running 10 endurance charges with my entire ascendancy being devoted to more tank and for what? The roleplaying aspect of getting to walk up to a pack of mobs and hit them with my weapon?

It's all stick and no carrot trying to be the idiot swinging a weapon right now - though I suppose it's been this way for quite a while and I've finally just gotten sick of it?

Character looks sick in PoB though, shame it doesn't play that way:

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I saw my AHK Flask macro on my desktop today and thought about re-installing....

Just kidding, fuck GGG and their shit ass decisions.

• 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hard mode, which will be known as Ruthless is a go? Testing invites starting as early as November?

Oh man. I am excited. Not to mention the added bonus of being able to dismiss anyone's opinions on anything who isn't playing it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
the difficulty could be a lot of fun, but it should... be the other way around. Super crazy hard, super awesome loot boost :|

• 2Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol so the hard mode is just normal Poe with even less loot lol.

Basically using a 4 link with uncapped resists is ruthless.

Cool, Poe will never be the elden ring of arpgs, don't know why they are even trying.

Nobody will care that you have your ruthless weapon effect equipped.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Friends and I played a league with no rares, just whites, uniques, and currency and all got to 90 a year or two ago and it wasn't bad, but we all knew what cheese classes to build to get into red maps with just resist hp rares.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the difficulty could be a lot of fun, but it should... be the other way around. Super crazy hard, super awesome loot boost :|
Always thought ssfhc should be this way. Hard mode sounds so fucking dumb. As if ssfhc wasn't already pigeon holed into stupid builds. Oh well doesn't affect any of us. Just the poor desperate fucks that are going to have to do it for the meme views. RIP quinn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lol so the hard mode is just normal Poe with even less loot lol.

Basically using a 4 link with uncapped resists is ruthless.

Cool, Poe will never be the elden ring of arpgs, don't know why they are even trying.

Nobody will care that you have your ruthless weapon effect equipped.

it's so dumb - what they did was added an extreme time gate for poopsockers a few select streamers to get uptoots online

I look forward to watching clips of quin bashing his brain against this retardation

• 2Like