Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Some cool shit. Sabo finally brought up for the depths of the ascendancy classes to be viable for more than mines or traps. First think I thought was Sabo Slinger could be pretty badass. Never played them, so could be fun but I need to teach myself NOT to start what I want to play, but play what I know will work then switch later. The PoE Launch way.

Some nerfs to stuff like Molten Shell but all within reason. The steel skills got gutted early which is funny, because they were super powerful, but mostly just for leveling.

Abyss/Breach stuff looks good. The Abyss reworks are really, really good. Abyss jewel stacking Scions back on the menu!

Almost no minion changes at all. Weird. Severed got reworked so not sure where it lies as a buff or nerf. No spectre love, unfortunately. Not looking for the OP power of years ago, but having them able to do bosses reliably with good investment would've been nice.

Bunch of the new passive masteries look really cool. The life node for chests without health is huge for unique chest users. Tabula red map users rejoice! Fleshcrafter may not work because it has "life" in the wording of the conversions so that could suck.

The Crucible system itself looks like a glorious RNG clusterfuck with no trade viability. I love it. Sanctum 2.0 let's fucking gooooo!

Already think Spec Shield Throw Raider with a juicy stat stick and a big dick 2k Evasion 750 ES shield or some shit with what's possible. Cool stuff.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Having nodes from the actual skill tree possibly be in the item skill tree sounds like a really fun system for alts

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Brass dome stonks are gonna be through the roof with that new life mastery

Heatshiver builds are gonna be even more cracked with the new stacking freeze damage thing

Dual wielding claws for attack speed/20% instant leech is insane

Darkness enthroned is a real option for non-minion builds now

Life regen fire mastery makes leveling with RF super free

Lightning damage is lucky is gone, spark fags in shambles

Damage on full life is a real support gem now

Taking a mana wheel while leveling for 5 flag regen is super nice qol, and just convert it to reservation later

Poison conc is i think entirely dead?

Molten shell finally got a much deserved nerf, is still the best defense in the game

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd basically had my eyes on 2 builds to potentially start this league and they seem like they are good still.

Heatshiver Claw Frost blades - looks really juicy like people have already said. Only worry is that freeze duration isn't a mastery anymore and you have to travel to NE of witch to get it (or anoint it maybe?) and though i haven't played it before i imagine not getting your freeze off is going to be sad times. (Do wonder if ice shot can be good with 2 easy extra projectiles from the tree now though for bows and a new vaal skill)

RF jugg - I'll have to watch some pohx streams i guess but looks good. Some buffs like +1 max res armor mastery and 10% of armor works against chaos hits to cover what unbreakable missed and fire mastery life regen for early on. Lost the fire mastery fire multi obviously and probably some other things i can't spot.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
is vms still the crutch for hardcore racers? this may fuck with them if so.

im definitely going to try to poach a diadem or two early, some people are 100% gonna brainless mode sell those early at previous early league 'high' prices of say 1 or 2 divine before the price quickly plummets; whereas this league theres a possibility it'll be a 10+ divine item if its a 3% drop rate or something whacky.

ugh i may have to play my marohi heatshiver build again just to see what happens with a weapon tree and buffs,

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'd basically had my eyes on 2 builds to potentially start this league and they seem like they are good still.

Heatshiver Claw Frost blades - looks really juicy like people have already said. Only worry is that freeze duration isn't a mastery anymore and you have to travel to NE of witch to get it (or anoint it maybe?) and though i haven't played it before i imagine not getting your freeze off is going to be sad times. (Do wonder if ice shot can be good with 2 easy extra projectiles from the tree now though for bows and a new vaal skill)

RF jugg - I'll have to watch some pohx streams i guess but looks good. Some buffs like +1 max res armor mastery and 10% of armor works against chaos hits to cover what unbreakable missed and fire mastery life regen for early on. Lost the fire mastery fire multi obviously and probably some other things i can't spot.

You need the 40% freeze duration early on when your damage isn't great, but end up getting rid of it eventually cause you just don't need it.

So for leaguestart you likely annoint for a while until you just no longer need it at all.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man there's so much to take in with the Breach/Abyss reworks. Fucking level 30 Infernal Legion in that helmet makes something like a golem Elementalist get some bigly dps. Level 20 Infernal legion is like 2k damage per second. Level 30? FUCKING 7700 DAMAGE PER SECOND. Unreal. Imagine having 5 golems run around with scaled up damage just melting everything that can't die because they're explicitly immune to elemental damage to begin with.

Xoph's bow is a nasty piece of work too. Real interesting shit.

I'm going to have to make a "builds to fail at making" wordpad again. Haven't been this excited for new builds in probably 2 or 3 leagues.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man there's so much to take in with the Breach/Abyss reworks. Fucking level 30 Infernal Legion in that helmet makes something like a golem Elementalist get some bigly dps. Level 20 Infernal legion is like 2k damage per second. Level 30? FUCKING 7700 DAMAGE PER SECOND. Unreal. Imagine having 5 golems run around with scaled up damage just melting everything that can't die because they're explicitly immune to elemental damage to begin with.

I was looking at finally giving RF a try (as Elementalist) and having a utility golem or three in this hat seems just fine.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I looked over the patch notes but honestly, as a casual POE player I have no idea what 90% of those changes mean

• 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Xoph's bow is a nasty piece of work too. Real interesting shit.

I'm going to have to make a "builds to fail at making" wordpad again. Haven't been this excited for new builds in probably 2 or 3 leagues.
How's that same wordpad for D4 looking?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You need the 40% freeze duration early on when your damage isn't great, but end up getting rid of it eventually cause you just don't need it.

So for leaguestart you likely annoint for a while until you just no longer need it at all.
Thats good to know. I wonder though..
Whats your definition of not needed? Is it just above the minimum 0.3 seconds for trinity procs or do you have long duration freezes even on bosses?

The math/requirements might change if one wants to make use of the new freeze mastery for 5% dmg taken for each second frozen. Especially if you can't accumulate a bunch of shorter freezes and need to hit 1 second duration ones.

If anyone wants to take a look the updated passive tree is out on poeplanner

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Thats good to know. I wonder though..
Whats your definition of not needed? Is it just above the minimum 0.3 seconds for trinity procs or do you have long duration freezes even on bosses?

The math/requirements might change if one wants to make use of the new freeze mastery for 5% dmg taken for each second frozen. Especially if you can't accumulate a bunch of shorter freezes and need to hit 1 second duration ones.

If anyone wants to take a look the updated passive tree is out on poeplanner

Yea it's unclear how the new mastery is going to work, so will just kinda have to feel it out.

By 'not needed' previously that just meant you were able to freeze without it, at which point it becomes entirely pointless since longer duration freezes didn't matter - all that matter is that it would 'freeze' at all to allow heatshiver to work.

If it does require a full 1 second duration to build one stack of the 5% duration that just straight may not be possible vs ubers with the damage penalty. Last league though I was stomping ubers without the duration node no problem once my gear was at a certain point, so maybe getting a full second duration is possible if it does end up being needed.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
How's that same wordpad for D4 looking?
It'd be less of a word pad and more a post it with, "2nd build outside (meta build that clears GR 150 equivalent)?"

Crazy the people who dump on PoE for build diversity forget that it's arguably the only ARPG with it. Maybe Last Epoch, but I don't know that it has enough challenge to even rank builds as better or worse than each other currently.

Just go to Max Roll, choose whichever ARPG, check Tier lists, and marvel at that diversity, baby!

Mathil was reading the official forums laughing at a guy who said there were "only 10-20" top skills. Imagine playing fucking D2 or D3 where it's a whole lot less than that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh for the doomsdayers about Grace/Determination shit. They posted what the copy/paste text of Crucible stats look like for weapons passives now.

1680304817906.png

Looky there. It's the thing I knew would be there right where it is! Weird!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I'm not following you, but doesn't that mean it will increase how much grace reserves?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe I'm not following you, but doesn't that mean it will increase how much grace reserves?
Actually didn't notice that. I can't imagine they'd add 25% to a 50% reservation aura for 40% increased effect. I'm HOPING it's increased efficiency and they shortened it for the API shorthand, but it looks like you might be right. I still wouldn't bet against them having some of the old mastery shit in these crucible items. Here's the post I found it on:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They literally previewed that node in the stream, it's exactly as it reads: 40% increased effect, 25% increased reservation

Capture.PNG