Path of Exile

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
This league looks like it was purpose built for scourge but they couldn't figure out how to implement it. I hope this one goes core - it looks well put together. I dont know what to league start, probably trickster frostblade conga line.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I agree people are being really negative on a league that looks boss but I get why they're not excited about mastery changes moved on to a league mechanic that isn't sticking around after being pitched in the content reveal that they came up with a bunch of new ideas, combined them with the existing lists and then picked out the six best for each.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
They literally previewed that node in the stream, it's exactly as it reads: 40% increased effect, 25% increased reservation

View attachment 466830
Damn didn't notice. If that's the case seems DOA outside of armor stackers. I'm guessing there's similiar for Anger/Hatred/Etc (there's a picture of an undescribed Anger node) with similar which would make more sense, but almost 63% reservation for one aura better be Hatred or it's worthless.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So can you make any badass rare weapon into a crucible one? Does it get less affixes or is this just a super buff?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So can you make any badass rare weapon into a crucible one? Does it get less affixes or is this just a super buff?

It's all upsides and it's all weapons and all shields and one unique hat. Unique weapons take another step or two but you'll be unlocking this shit right away.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Brass dome stonks are gonna be through the roof with that new life mastery
Forgot to mention but this won't work with mastery for the same reason stuff like Fleshcrafter won't. There's a "life" tag on the no life for strength thing so the mastery doesn't work. Sucks real bad, because a lot of Uniques have life tags but no life stats and they can't benefit.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Forgot to mention but this won't work with mastery for the same reason stuff like Fleshcrafter won't. There's a "life" tag on the no life for strength thing so the mastery doesn't work. Sucks real bad, because a lot of Uniques have life tags but no life stats and they can't benefit.

Homeboy here with the game mastery.

Also, fuck.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Homeboy here with the game mastery.

Also, fuck.
That one is from PoE Builds Reddit (the good reddit). I did figure that on Fleshcrafter for my rathpith build though, but I haven't used a Brass Dome but it was specifically mentioned somewhere. Some weasel-wording shit that will make for some disappointments.

Highly recommend checking the PoE Builds Reddit if you want to see people discussing stuff rather than opinion shit posting.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This meta looks wild!

Screenshot_20230401_110713_Boost.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any way to know if this rolls once when you press the button or for each individual hit?
  • (New) 3% chance for Hits to deal 300% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Should be a roll for each "hit" of an ability so I'm assuming you're thinking of Blade Vortex. Blade Vortex doesn't "snap shot" at 10 max, it just hits faster at 10 stacks so you'd see that 3% occuring more often in a period of time, but you wouldn't be able to snapshot 10 stacks at the 300% phys as extra.

If you're looking at that, look at the new Lightpoacher helmet as well. Some good synergy happening there.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Should be a roll for each "hit" of an ability so I'm assuming you're thinking of Blade Vortex. Blade Vortex doesn't "snap shot" at 10 max, it just hits faster at 10 stacks so you'd see that 3% occuring more often in a period of time, but you wouldn't be able to snapshot 10 stacks at the 300% phys as extra.

If you're looking at that, look at the new Lightpoacher helmet as well. Some good synergy happening there.
Thats the way i hoped it worked but the other way wouldve been cool too now that you mention it.

I was mostly thinkin of a skill like tornado shot that has a lot of hits and trinity support uptime.
Or Ek ignite because 1 big hit on one of your projectiles and that will be what prolifs the whole pack of mobs.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Another interesting thing is if you go ignite and you're not using ele weakeness or flammability and just using penetration, the new 25% chance to flip enemy resists is huge. Perfect for ignite because the largest ignite wins so the 1/4 chance thing isn't a problem and on something like a pinnacle boss with 75% suddenly becomes -75% and then penetration just bumps that number.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
That might be good for ignite but i'm not instantly hyped for 2 reasons.
  • (New) Hits have 25% chance to treat Enemy Monster Elemental Resistance values as inverted
1. It says hits, does it really work with an ailment?
2. Most ignites are elementalist and you already give things a lot of -res with exposure +exposure node.

I don't see it being anything but amazing for any heatshiver trinity build however. Should guarantee you actually get your freeze off even against resistant monsters and/or if you roll resist maps (and eater altars).

Xevy

Log Wizard
1. Ignites are scaled off the initial hit of a skill (200% of base hit to start before modifcation) so the starter damage to create the ignite would be between like 150% and 800% larger depending on the enemies starter resists. For things like Cortex where mobs can have something like 120% resistance (30% default + additional 30%*3) it can be massive.
2. That's correct. You'd basically have to use pen and NOT exposure so things like ele weakness/flammability are no-nos. This means elementalist wouldn't get Master of Discord and could focus more on golems for general buffs instead. Or just switch to a completely different ascendancy like Chieftain or Ascendant.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Guess people can use Doryanis with that without completely gutting their own Lightning res. It won't be as effective but easier to gear around and don't have to insta die to mana siphoners anymore.

Max your LR which maxes theirs and invert. Should work alright with high attack speed build like vaal smite. Would be funny if it inverts any overcap too that way.

• 1Mother of God

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
1. Ignites are scaled off the initial hit of a skill (200% of base hit to start before modifcation) so the starter damage to create the ignite would be between like 150% and 800% larger depending on the enemies starter resists. For things like Cortex where mobs can have something like 120% resistance (30% default + additional 30%*3) it can be massive.
2. That's correct. You'd basically have to use pen and NOT exposure so things like ele weakness/flammability are no-nos. This means elementalist wouldn't get Master of Discord and could focus more on golems for general buffs instead. Or just switch to a completely different ascendancy like Chieftain or Ascendant.
1. The more i think about it the more broken i realize this would be if it worked like that cause fishing for 1 out of 4 for massive ignite isnt even much of a hassle.
So i had to do some research andi don't think it will work for ignites

From the Wiki:
-The base duration of ignite is 4 seconds. The burning damage over time is 90% of the base damage of the hit of fire damage (before increased and more multipliers and resistance calculations)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah looks like you might be right. DoT shit always confused me, never played those builds. Looks like it just takes base hit for 100 then does calculations and makes big boom of 400 or whatever. Then checks the 100 base value with all the DoT/Fire DoT multipliers and resistance debuffs separately. So it wouldn't benefit from the elemental mastery due to the fact it's hits only.

Think in the olden days it was you could scale it twice off the hit and then the dot but now they're two separate things. Sucks. Seems like it'd just be good for non-Inq hit based builds then. Sad, could've been major for ignite builds.