Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
1701406276560.png

SRS not nerfed and actually may scale better (???) with stuff like Hatred/Added Fire now.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
oh man that warcry extra item thing is going to lead to some hilarious vids. probably see a warcry into a mirror vid within a week

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
can someone help explain penance brand changes to me? I've never played it and am considering fucking around with it this league with maybe energy blade or disintegrator and spellblade. It seems like its just a straight up enormous buff or did it lose something big as well?

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Tytykiller's league start list. He's usually correct every league with these lists. I'll either play Slayer Bonezone (Depends what Carn says, gotta talk to him) or Absolution/SRS guardian.

Attachments

• leaguestart323.png
    leaguestart323.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Map mods look good for the league. It seems like everything will change so much with these new gems that there will be OP builds popping up all over as people discover them.

• 1Truth!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
For anyone who is considering going SRS this is a very good comparison video. I don't think the meta shake up will significantly affect any of these build but I could be wrong. If not then I'm league starting SRS guardian and then maybe swapping to Champion Lightning SRS for end game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So whats a good build for the new League for a relatively noob player? I dont play totem builds because they look boring. Stuff need to look cool and explode.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I am not enough of a POE Veteran to tell how much these "quality gives no longer +% dmg but range/delay reduction/whatever" affect a skill, really.

Are people really hyped for Ultimatum? My memories are "only a few selected skills where able to do higher rounds and that by running around in circles spamming dumbfire skills".

Anyway, someone recommend a league starter and take the blame, please. All those changes, could be an entertaining league, let's hope.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trying to understand the ralakesh boots change. Do you actually get the benefits of having max charges, or is it just for the conditional stuff(in which case it’s still pretty nice). For example, you get onslaught from raider’s ‘you have onslaught at max frenzy charges’ requirement without actually getting any of the other benefits of frenzy charges

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am not enough of a POE Veteran to tell how much these "quality gives no longer +% dmg but range/delay reduction/whatever" affect a skill, really.

Are people really hyped for Ultimatum? My memories are "only a few selected skills where able to do higher rounds and that by running around in circles spamming dumbfire skills".

Anyway, someone recommend a league starter and take the blame, please. All those changes, could be an entertaining league, let's hope.

Most of the gems look like they had "increased damage" removed from additional quality. Increased is additive in POE so 20% increased damage on 100% is just 120%. Most of them were replaced by the "more damage" affix which is multiplicative and thus much better. Some also added attack speed, number of projectiles, or AOE which would be more of a benefit than additive damage.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Trying to understand the ralakesh boots change. Do you actually get the benefits of having max charges, or is it just for the conditional stuff(in which case it’s still pretty nice). For example, you get onslaught from raider’s ‘you have onslaught at max frenzy charges’ requirement without actually getting any of the other benefits of frenzy charges
My interpretation is that your example is correct.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Tytykiller's league start list. He's usually correct every league with these lists. I'll either play Slayer Bonezone (Depends what Carn says, gotta talk to him) or Absolution/SRS guardian.

This looks fine, but he's sleeping on splitting steel bigtime.

With the shard QoL and easy access to return support it can easily faceroll the entire atlas + all pinnacles with like, a Terminus or Ichimonjis or something.

Beltimber is in the core pool these days so even if the skill is popular it won't cost shit and is just ~50% more damage once you can get it for 50c or whatever.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Beltimber started at 2c in 3.22. I think it's at 10c now due to streamer effect(mathil played splitting steel), and supply constraints. Though there are 2k for sale, perhaps I'm wrong on supply.

I think someone popular will need to put it as a league starter for it to hit 50c.

Don't discount Dreamfeather for another cheap option.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I believe Cutedog or Jungroan did a Belltimber/Fury Valve spectral helix build that was pretty good mid-league. Blasted the campaign on a 4link pretty quickly, but obviously Fury Valve was rare and now that it's global pool probably much less rare as no one really focused Metamorphs.

Some things I've found in review:

-Blade Vortex isn't 45% faster, it's like 15% faster as the 5% per blade is on top of the 35% per blade already on the skill. So really a ~10% buff but -100% increased crit.
-SRS completely unchanged really. May scale better with phys scaling due to the new phys levels to SRS attacks. Hatred/Added Fire very good.
-Str Totem Stacker took an even bigger hit. No boot enchant for 120% crit chance and no 18% IAS from Ancestral Totem helmet enchant. The crit can be overcome to hit cap still, but the helm enchant was the QoL that made the build playable.
-Spectres (maybe not new, but classico ones) may be bossable with new Phantasm mark that lets them sustain soul harvest with Unending Hunger. Spectre bossing for the 2nd time in like 8 leagues! Whew!
-Utula's + Crimson power could be great. Something like +1000 raw hp after the -600 penalty. That's decent even though you have to forego life mods on jewelry/weapon/shield as well. Utula's going to be a great item all around for a lot of builds. Glad it went core.
-Guardian untouched. Hilarious. If you want the easiest push to red maps in the game, just stack some minion life and let Big Gold Boi carry though through. Guardian SRS is going to be the new RF for noobs and lazies.
-Chieftain explode working on totems means we're going to see Chieftain totem characters without strength stacking. It's been a WHIIIILE. (EA totem fans INC)
-Phantasm Mark + Devour Support + Necromancer Corpse Pact tech will be used... somewhere? It's going to map like a champ and it may be viable for non Uber bossing as well.

I will say I'm a little let down we don't have ways to fuck with items or new mods for rares. I really want to find new and exciting rares or rares I can manipulate, but the loot pool outside of Primalist charms and Transcribed gems has all stayed the same. Feels a little stagnant especially after the temp Recombo league. The end game is going to remain the same of constant farming of the same league mechanics plus or minus Ultimatum as always in maps with some blaster. Or bossing ubers with a bosser. Nothing really new and progressive for endgame and that kind of sucks.

Also people saying Spark is dead are grade-A braindead retards. They just have to invest in duration and/or proj speed now. I'd buy some of those up early if you're looking to flip. Proj medium clusters are going to go big. It's one of those things, same as RF, they'll say is dead, but it'll just take 1 brain-haver to readjust gearing to find out it's perfectly good and in some small cases better.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I believe Cutedog or Jungroan did a Belltimber/Fury Valve spectral helix build that was pretty good mid-league. Blasted the campaign on a 4link pretty quickly, but obviously Fury Valve was rare and now that it's global pool probably much less rare as no one really focused Metamorphs.
I know Ruetoo did that exact build. Some guy tested it, poorly, and got r/pathofexilebuilds all excited before anyone could do some proper testing. Some really amateurish shit like testing in arenas with obstacles or asymmetric designs so that returning projectiles were asynchronous and inflating hit count. If you really slow down projectile speed, you might get 4 hits total out of spectral helix + fury valve + nimis.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Their FAQ for the league. Probably add new ones in the coming week as well. Some nice clarifications like the Micro belt, how Ralakesh boots work, and their plans to help with Spectres.

Tinctures being only for attacks is pretty funny. Nice boost for melee and it works for attack totems too. I'm sure casters are salty, but melee's needed some love for a while.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

Their FAQ for the league. Probably add new ones in the coming week as well. Some nice clarifications like the Micro belt, how Ralakesh boots work, and their plans to help with Spectres.

Tinctures being only for attacks is pretty funny. Nice boost for melee and it works for attack totems too. I'm sure casters are salty, but melee's needed some love for a while.
Ralakesh so OP now.
Tinktures buff...melee ...? I mean sure but it just makes bows even better imo.

Updated gems, not transfigured ones. mostly just whats in the patch notes