Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I would say yes. Even at just below 1s cooldown, I felt limited by how often I could warcry. General's Cry could get a transfigured gem with a ton of CDR.

Perhaps this is a limitation of binding the warcry to left click. You are going to inherently activate the warcry at inopportune times compared to right click. Though, the amount of CDR needed to put the warcry on right click would be ridiculous.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nah, no play on words. I haven't been keeping up on that FAQ. I've really disliked that sort of "living document" that they switched to recently. It seems counterintuitive to building hype if they are going to add more questions and answers to the same url without much fanfare.

I don't see the point to an alphabetical release if it has holes.

Who knows what they are thinking. How are these gems not finalized 3 days before release? Bonkers.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really hate that when I find some interesting build its always "and use your totems". That gameplay is superboring to me, I hate totems. I want a caster nuker lightning build but cant seem to find anything that looks decent as a Leage Starter.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Funny, I'm in the opposite boat. I want to go totems this league but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out which ones.

Storm Burst
Ball Lightning
Blazing Salvo
Forbidden Rite
Ice Spear (aer0's tanky build, not von vikton's tissue paper cannon)
EA Ballista
TR Ballista

I tested EA Ballista but it's a bit clunky, too much waiting for the totems, then the fuses to stack, then the ignite to tick

I would go Guardian SRS but I already did SRS two leagues ago. Already did LA deadeye last league, so that's out.

Also maybe thinking about DD elem, but it's the number one on most tierlists so it'll be crowded and gear will be expensive.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Funny, I'm in the opposite boat. I want to go totems this league but I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out which ones.

Storm Burst
Ball Lightning
Blazing Salvo
Forbidden Rite
Ice Spear (aer0's tanky build, not von vikton's tissue paper cannon)
EA Ballista
TR Ballista

I tested EA Ballista but it's a bit clunky, too much waiting for the totems, then the fuses to stack, then the ignite to tick

I would go Guardian SRS but I already did SRS two leagues ago. Already did LA deadeye last league, so that's out.

Also maybe thinking about DD elem, but it's the number one on most tierlists so it'll be crowded and gear will be expensive.

As far as totems go Shockwave Totem is some top tier shit.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider

I'd agree shockwave totem (+ astral projector is in core drop pool now so prolly cheaper) for spells...But i'd add trans caustic arrow for ballistas, palsteron made a video bout it and it's like 88% more dmg very early and like 50%+ more damage semi early on now.

Seems a bit weird to me to worry about gear prices for DD when it's highly rated and played in races/ssf precisely because it doesn't NEED anything to succeed.
Also, sc players are allergic to 2 button builds so not many will actually play it.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The fact they’re just shitting out these core gameplay figures which is what gems are, just days before release pretty much guarantees there’s going to be new levels of insane broken shit this league, both in the sense of overpowered and completely not usable. I’m just gonna league start RF with big boy life pool and keep an eye on poe ninja

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they are still making them that’s a pretty open admission that they haven’t been tested/balanced lol

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd agree shockwave totem (+ astral projector is in core drop pool now so prolly cheaper) for spells...But i'd add trans caustic arrow for ballistas, palsteron made a video bout it and it's like 88% more dmg very early and like 50%+ more damage semi early on now.

Seems a bit weird to me to worry about gear prices for DD when it's highly rated and played in races/ssf precisely because it doesn't NEED anything to succeed.
Also, sc players are allergic to 2 button builds so not many will actually play it.

He's done CA arrow league starts before and they're pretty good. The new gem looks pretty great and opens up a lot of different ways to use that skill.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda doubt anyone knows the answer to this, but any idea if you can do the vendor recipe for inscribed ultimatums and get back higher ‘tiers’ ie vendor 5 tier 5 unique ultimatums and get back a tier 1

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I don't mind two button builds. I do hate when there's 5 other buttons you need to press to max your damage on a boss though.

Palsteron might have convinced me to go CA Ballista though, that video was very persuasive.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
After looking at the new Affliction ascendancy passives I think these 2, playing together, intrigue me the most. I wonder what limitations (if any, such as internal cooldowns) will be placed on this. If there are none, this is insanely abusable for perma flasks and close to perma vaal skills (if stacking less duration to lower soul gain prevention).

1701801094280.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm having a real hard time wanting to start anything but splitting steel. That skill is gonna be 10/10 busted without the shard mechanic. It was already super cracked even having to use call of steel and could clear to red maps with like a terminus est or any random rare 2H. Plus it gets super fat, and you're gonna need that for ultimatums I suspect.

I really wanna do ranger cause new voice acting, but I'm pretty skeptical of trying to play lightning arrow inside ultimatum trials - just feels like a recipe for dying constantly.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm having a real hard time wanting to start anything but splitting steel. That skill is gonna be 10/10 busted without the shard mechanic. It was already super cracked even having to use call of steel and could clear to red maps with like a terminus est or any random rare 2H. Plus it gets super fat, and you're gonna need that for ultimatums I suspect.

I really wanna do ranger cause new voice acting, but I'm pretty skeptical of trying to play lightning arrow inside ultimatum trials - just feels like a recipe for dying constantly.
Poison PF Splitting Steel.

You all hot and bothered for more preachy condescension?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean realistically poison PF <insert skill> has been the correct choice for many leagues now, I just don't like poison for some reason.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't like it either. With enough investment, you can do the impale version. Splitting Steel will lower that investment point due to being so ridiculous.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Put Withering Step on left click. It's not as good as manually activating. But I also doubt you were keeping it on refresh anyway.

Plague Bearer is bad UI design. And I very much doubt Splitting Steel needs any help with clearing. Especially with poison prolif.

• 1Like

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
The fact they’re just shitting out these core gameplay figures which is what gems are, just days before release pretty much guarantees there’s going to be new levels of insane broken shit this league, both in the sense of overpowered and completely not usable. I’m just gonna league start RF with big boy life pool and keep an eye on poe ninja
I predict a minimum of 5 hot fixes for these skills alone.