Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya crashed twice going to town now. They have made some obnoxious mtx lately that griefers do in town just to be annoying like some flame thrower that paints the ground.
edit: insta crashed when zoning in from the last crash

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
With the increase in move speed/radius on cyclone,
That's not going to happen. I can't see GGG actually doing this, because that's legitimately not very funny. They will at the very least need to give you a very clear prompt/warning about it. And it's not going to be a required map, it'll be something like hall of grandmasters.
It's hilarious, maybe more manageable if your gear gets auto-stashed or you can still access it via 'ghost'.

Losing mirror tier gear admittedly would be rage quit inducing otherwise, but just the char/exp not so much.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Where do you change the dialogue hotkey? I don't see it under inputs, I used to have it bound to T. Had to reset some settings and now I can't for the life of me find where I can change it.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems they hotfixed the crash. Cant play anymore tonight though so not sure if its a 100% fix.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting all sorts of issues downloading the patch. Never happened before. First was a hash check failure second was a connection failure.

Cool.

• 1Tiresome
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I am glad I am still grinding in Grim Dawn because I have no idea what to start the league with. How does my old go to Explosive Arrow totem look?

May have to do Lighting Arrow/Tornado shot like everyone else.

What is recommended for scrub players?

The new gem mods really shake this game up.

EA is still a good starter. SRS might be the best for "scrub" players, since you'll be much tankier than lightning arrow.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the verdict on doing the league while leveling? Beneficial or no? I would assume some of those ascendancies would be kinda broken for leveling but don't know how any of it works.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
My first npc I ran into was the warden and you can immediately get the ele res and movespeed. Just disgusting levels of qol you shouldn’t miss

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd definitely get the ascendancy so start in Act 2 until you get it. Then after that it's very difficult with the mob scaling. There can be some really cool rewards and get showered with rares, but the mobs inside and then the empowered mobs can be nuts. Like overtuned league start stuff per usual GGG. I'd say get your ascendancy and skip the rest if you're limited on time to play or you're unsure of your builds strength. I'm a minion summoner guardian god and I still get blasted by some wonky shit. The %dmg increase stacking with %dmg reduction on these mobs +Arch Nem mods can make for true beasts of rares.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
You can interact with the league mechanic pretty safely (softcore tier safe) provided you are in an area that doesn't have a boss in it you'll have to fight. Juicing campaign bosses can put you in a situation where game is zero fun.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I always get super excited for a new league, look up some builds, reload PoB, then I log in and think about having to slog through the campaign for the 999th time and promptly log the fuck out.

Just let me fucking map, goddamn. I don't understand what's so fucking compelling about forcing people through the campaign. And it wouldn't even be that bad if I could just speedrun to Kitava. But nope! Gotta do all the bandit bullshit, sidequests for skill tree points, etc. Fuck offffff.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Playing caustic arrow PF, first lab I randomed a toxic rain of withering gem, seems really nice for wither stacks on manaforge. The league mechanic seems like it'll be really juicy, but its tough atm. I need 2 more points to get my weapon tinctures then I'll be avoiding it for a while until I'm stronger. Keeping boots and helm unsocketed so far has been very helpful.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Yes. Arcane Cloak + Heiro + MoM equals the beefier RFer of days past when they just stacked 10k hp + for the build.

Guildmate is currently designing his custom map. One of the options is "Map is Hardcore". Imagine going into the map in softcore and losing your character because you didn't know. It's going to happen and it's going to be funny.

So, Ziz's map?

1702131943486.png

• 1Mother of God

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So is this thing even worth trying if the last time I played was February 2014? From the sounds of it, it's systems on systems on systems and takes forever to learn.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I don't get the league mechanic, really. I go in, collect yellow, blue and purple stuff, kill the occasional super buffed yellow and get ported out or take the portal. Then the mobs in current map are buffed and that's it? Went in like 50 of those holes and that was always the outcome

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So is this thing even worth trying if the last time I played was February 2014? From the sounds of it, it's systems on systems on systems and takes forever to learn.
The biggest thing with PoE is learning one thing/system at a time. Don't go in with the mindset that you have to learn, A, B, C, D, etc. Just learn one system, once you have it figured out, move on to the next.

I'd definitely recommend following a league starter build though. Filling out the skill tree on your own will work fine early, but you'll fizzle out quick at the endgame.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Was kinda hoping these charms wouldn't be completely busted and make the class choice at least semi-interesting, but nooooooope, literally everyone will be a primalist sooner or later. Not even the T1 mod

Capture.PNG

• 1Mother of God

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The biggest thing with PoE is learning one thing/system at a time. Don't go in with the mindset that you have to learn, A, B, C, D, etc. Just learn one system, once you have it figured out, move on to the next.

I'd definitely recommend following a league starter build though. Filling out the skill tree on your own will work fine early, but you'll fizzle out quick at the endgame.
I'm also going to give this game a try. Thanks for the advice.