Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Shield charge is only viable if you're one of those weirdos that runs 1000 copies of the same map like atoll or whatever that only has open/straight areas and 0 rocks or obstructions in it.

God help your shield charging if your map has a single piece of terrain in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I fucking hate that movement skill. If it's not leap slam, flame dash or frost blink I'm not playing the build. I try my best to avoid builds that uses shield charge.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I once did shield charge with a crimson temple strat.

That's when the hate took hold

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there any way to get out of the mist early or do i just have to run around untill the portal pops out?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’m ready to move on from the magi spec and do the charms one. Only problem is, how the fuck does one find these people? Do you seriously have to go find them again to respec or am I missing some button somewhere? Ggg can’t be that dumb

Xevy

Log Wizard
Is there any way to get out of the mist early or do i just have to run around untill the portal pops out?
Run into the darkness and it'll stack to 10 and shit you out and you'll get some cool voiceline most people will never hear.

• 1Like

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’m ready to move on from the magi spec and do the charms one. Only problem is, how the fuck does one find these people? Do you seriously have to go find them again to respec or am I missing some button somewhere? Ggg can’t be that dumb
yes need to find the one you wanna swap to
Run into the darkness and it'll stack to 10 and shit you out and you'll get some cool voiceline most people will never hear.
ah that makes sense

edit: on 2nd thought it doesnt make sense cause you clear the darkness when you move towards it so how do you run into the darkness before the portal spawns and the mist stops being cleared as you run towards it?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you're not "done" with the mist, the wisps will clear away the darkness. There is no exiting early, only purposefully running away from collecting wisps to ensure you won't empower a map you'd rather not.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you're not "done" with the mist, the wisps will clear away the darkness. There is no exiting early, only purposefully running away from collecting wisps to ensure you won't empower a map you'd rather not.
ye, mobs get so obnoxious at like 4k it's just not fun would rather exit earlier.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So wisps are like the power sources for you. By collecting wisps you can dissipate more darkness before the portal pops. So if you just run into the dark and hit 0 wisps it'll end quickly. That's why you usually portal out after hitting two dead nooks or something. If you follow wisp trails carefully sometimes the wildwood can be as big as a map. I've seen 3 events and 3 vendors (2 of the same) in one wildwood. Think I was at like 6k wisps before I bought some charms and left.

And as far as as beating goes I'm trying to figure out if it's a specific TYPE of wisp that seems to make nuclear mobs. I think it's blue (currency) that makes them deadlier, but I don't have enough data for that. All I know is if you're doing maven conqs/guardians PROBABLY don't juice the map before hand. I had a hydra 1 shot me with 0 damage mods on the map with 5k life max all res including chaos with and general guardian 20% less damage shit. I actually died 4 times up to the boss because of nuclear abyss rares.

It's silly when you have an established build and you don't juice a map and then you basically walk through it and kill conquerors and stuff in less than 4 seconds. Then you juice it and it's a 35 second butt puckering ordeal. I like the idea of it, but obviously some mobs and modifiers do not stack and this is the worst version of Arch Nemesis come to life. Any life regen/conc ground mob with yellow juice and GOOD FUCKING LUCK. I do 10m-20m dps and I can't dent them. I can't imagine boneshatter Andy's with their 2mdps facefucking those things for 5 minutes until they just leave.

Also be VERY careful about altars in wildwood. The "no armor/evassion, 25 increased action speed" shrine is a deathtrap for most people. I accidentally clicked it before a T16 syndicate/abyss/maven boss fully juiced and was playing like the biggest pussy possible for the entire time. Didn't even step foot in research syndicate because that was 100% instant death with all those phys mobs crowded in there.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Still trying to decide on a starter myself.
I would suggest elementalist Detonate dead, SRS guardian or boneshatter slayer. These builds can take you far in the game and they all have detailed well written guides at Maxroll.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also be VERY careful about altars in wildwood. The "no armor/evassion, 25 increased action speed" shrine is a deathtrap for most people. I accidentally clicked it before a T16 syndicate/abyss/maven boss fully juiced and was playing like the biggest pussy possible for the entire time. Didn't even step foot in research syndicate because that was 100% instant death with all those phys mobs crowded in there.
I keep clicking those without reading out of habit, saw one that was like 0% exp but 200% quantity item buff? or something fun while I was leveling. Lots of neat in those

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
No, leap slam is still amazing, they are probably just using a weapon type that can't leap slam like daggers or claws.

The only real issue with leap slam is it still will eat up exerts without spending a passive if that's what you're doing.

People that use/enjoy shield charge are psychopaths, that skill is complete mega ass to use to matter how much attack speed you get.

The other issue with Leap Slam, often not discussed, is that leaping "over" something still hits it in some cases. For example in sanctum, leap slamming over some things like the flaming skulls still cause you to get hit by it. Using flame dash does not.

There are other things as well, but I can't recall exactly. I just know that leap slam "hits" things you leap over sometimes that other travel skills do not. I personally love leap slam, it's my favorite movement skill.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
It's silly when you have an established build and you don't juice a map and then you basically walk through it and kill conquerors and stuff in less than 4 seconds. Then you juice it and it's a 35 second butt puckering ordeal. I like the idea of it, but obviously some mobs and modifiers do not stack and this is the worst version of Arch Nemesis come to life. Any life regen/conc ground mob with yellow juice and GOOD FUCKING LUCK. I do 10m-20m dps and I can't dent them. I can't imagine boneshatter Andy's with their 2mdps facefucking those things for 5 minutes until they just leave.

I thought this at first, but the amount of shit you get with thousands of wisps collected is off the chart. I've never had to offload two full inventories of just currency in a single map before. And we're talking about decent currencies too. Fusings, scouring, regrets, etc.

If you're farming, absolutely do wisps. If you're going there JUST to kill the conq, dont.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For example in sanctum, leap slamming over some things like the flaming skulls still cause you to get hit by it. Using flame dash does not.

1702445664173.png

KABOOM

Oh, right. I knew that.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Leap slam does not have the blink tag, you count as moving through the area even though it can clear obstacles. Don't leap slam mavens coil beams.