Path of Exile

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Also how do you learn what to pickup and try to price up for selling? All I find is trash and every item I see in posts is like "OMG LOOK AT THIS ITEM, +1 LIGHTNING DAMAGE AND 3-5 FIRE DAMAGE" worth 15 Mirrors and your newborn babe.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Also how do you learn what to pickup and try to price up for selling? All I find is trash and every item I see in posts is like "OMG LOOK AT THIS ITEM, +1 LIGHTNING DAMAGE AND 3-5 FIRE DAMAGE" worth 15 Mirrors and your newborn babe.
Game knowledge is the only real way to tell rough value of an item. Outside of that, download PoE trade macro and have it search the market for items you think might be worth something. It also helps you slowly learn which stats are ALWAYS valuable, which stats are only valuable when "paired" when other stats, etc.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any item with 40% tri resists + life is basically a guarantee sell, for that matter anything with high life + 1-2 resists and open spaces for mods is usually good to sell too.

Damage weapons are hit and miss for me, if I don't pour some rum out for Jobu next to a bucket of chickens it winds up vendor fodder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Even if you had a good instinct on price, it's not worth the time. Set your filter so that you aren't picking up too much(in and out of a map in one inventory or less). Throw everything in a 1D quad tab, lower it in price at set intervals.

• 3Like

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Been slow as hell this league due to sickness. Only into yellow maps with Lightning Conduit but I die when a monster look at me sideways. Whatsa good build to be a damn tank in this game? I god damn hate dying in one hit. Boneshatter?
You might want to give Champion a looksee. They stack both Armor (spelled properly) and Evasion and thanks to this dirt cheap belt

zPers.JPG

your damage scales right along with your defense. Champs also get 20 fortify (which gives you auto-Onslaught with that belt) and improved auras/banners, and due to the location of Duelist starting node, spell suppression is super easy to cap. And if all that isn't enough, you can add in some block for another layer of that big sweet D.

It's also nice that it's just basic; you don't gotta figure out advanced intricate interactions. Just stack the shit out of arm/ev, and choose an attack skill; Shattering Steel being the du jour choice.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if you had a good instinct on price, it's not worth the time. Set your filter so that you aren't picking up too much(in and out of a map in one inventory or less). Throw everything in a 1D quad tab, lower it in price at set intervals.
Am I missing something with the listing prices? I set some items and then turned public off, and when I reenabled it none of my prices were there.

Aazrael

You might want to give Champion a looksee. They stack both Armor (spelled properly) and Evasion and thanks to this dirt cheap belt

View attachment 504382

your damage scales right along with your defense. Champs also get 20 fortify (which gives you auto-Onslaught with that belt) and improved auras/banners, and due to the location of Duelist starting node, spell suppression is super easy to cap. And if all that isn't enough, you can add in some block for another layer of that big sweet D.

It's also nice that it's just basic; you don't gotta figure out advanced intricate interactions. Just stack the shit out of arm/ev, and choose an attack skill; Shattering Steel being the du jour choice.
Cool! Any link to a guide or pob for that?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Am I missing something with the listing prices? I set some items and then turned public off, and when I reenabled it none of my prices were there.
No, you aren't missing something. Disabling public wipes all your price settings. Why are you disabling public?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, you aren't missing something. Disabling public wipes all your price settings. Why are you disabling public?
Didn't want people messaging me while I was afk. I think I just didn't set prices on a few things though and that's what I was seeing. Dunno, I'll play with it some more.

For maps, should I just be rushing to get the highest ones I can? I've run one or two T8's and have some 9 maps. But I've been working on clearing out every tier for the atlas points.

Also, are there any things I should be on the lookout to prep for higher ones? Things like a certain amount of life or chaos resist off the top of my head? Or maybe skill gem quality levels?

Edit: To add, I did wandering path and so I've got 100% connected already unlocked. If that makes a difference.

Last edited:

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
the exsang/corrupt fever build I started with is a pretty cheap way to get into end game, somewhere between 3-5 divs and can do everything but Ubers, although slowly. I used Utulas to get a fat life pool and stack a decent amount of armor and life regen and for mapping importantly life recover on kill. Then you get a bubonic trail and some reservation efficiency on other gear and you can stack like 6 auras including every phys aura. Between my tree and the utulas I have some insane amount of life recovery on kill like more than 1000 hp so my life just shoots up while mapping even on rippy content. the build is heavily aura dependent so expect to die if you jump into a buncha reduced aura maps.

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
Didn't want people messaging me while I was afk. I think I just didn't set prices on a few things though and that's what I was seeing. Dunno, I'll play with it some more.

For maps, should I just be rushing to get the highest ones I can? I've run one or two T8's and have some 9 maps. But I've been working on clearing out every tier for the atlas points.

Also, are there any things I should be on the lookout to prep for higher ones? Things like a certain amount of life or chaos resist off the top of my head? Or maybe skill gem quality levels?

Edit: To add, I did wandering path and so I've got 100% connected already unlocked. If that makes a difference.
Just set /dnd and no one can message

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Anyone messed around with the new spectres yet? They have some crazy auras and other benefits on them, so much so that I'm thinking using a spectre or two in a regular build just for the buffs from might really be worth the links. I just don't really have any concept of how durable would actually be? Like if you get a 21 spectre gem and just put in a 4 link with meatshield and minion life is it gonna stay alive at all?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
1702716450972.png

That was fun.

I'm probably doing another 40 divine of essences until I'm done with farming. Might try a boss build then to do the challenges and stuff. League is a dream if you love juiced farming.

• 1Rustled

Aazrael

Started a Boneshatter Champion build as I found a good guide for it. And wow, Leap Slam kills Shield Charge. I have only ever used Shield Charge and it's been so annoying getting stuck, like D4 horsie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone messed around with the new spectres yet? They have some crazy auras and other benefits on them, so much so that I'm thinking using a spectre or two in a regular build just for the buffs from might really be worth the links. I just don't really have any concept of how durable would actually be? Like if you get a 21 spectre gem and just put in a 4 link with meatshield and minion life is it gonna stay alive at all?
I grabbed one as I had an empty blue to socket, grabbed a cyclone + culling + magma fissure or something and its been hilarious next to the SoR

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw a couple Deadeyes trying it out in a 4l. There are some crazy buffs you can get

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know the tech people are using with Guardian's Blessing and Spectre to get an extra aura?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
My Essence Farming strategy. I've made over 150 divines, including getting 3 Hyrri's Ire drops, a Kalandra Ring, Hinakora Lock, etc all from this strategy.

Set up atlas tree as follows - might not be most efficient, but I'm not that good at efficiency. Note the Harby nodes are lowest priority. However, they are more mobs every map, many affected by wisps, and I've gotten 2 fractured shards out of them with them just being there so.

1702768486242.png

Then follow this (Cheapest Method, Assumed 5 map device)

1. Use a 20% quality, rare (and optionally corrupted) T3 Strand map with a Rusted Torment Scarab, Rusted Ambush Scarab, Rusted Elder Scarab, and a fragment piece.
2. Buy some Remnant of Corruptions
3. Use Essence Map device (This is only available if you get the 7th gate passive like I do on above tree).
4. Load into map
5. DO WISPS - This is most important. Try to kill everything, and collect in order of priority: 1. Quant (Yellow), 2. Currency (Blue), 3. Rarity (Purple)
6. After wisps, start clearing map as normal. If you collect a ton of wisps, it should rain currency.
7. Try to avoid killing tormented spirits until they touch a lot of mobs, or possess rares or even better possess the essence.
8. If you see an essence with 2 shrieking and 1 screaming, use a remnant on it if you can to hope for upgrades to deafening with 1 shrieking (as the shrieking will dupe them when they release). There's a specific RGB strategy on this, but I think that doesnt apply as much since Insanity/Delerium/Horror essences are not really expensive this league.

1702772465107.png

(This essence drop set alone is worth over 40c)

9. When you get to boss room if theres lots of tormented spirits let them possess the boss or as many as you can handle. Then kill it.

This is the results from a map with 1200 currency, 1500 quant, and 400 rarity wisps, which is in the upper 50% of maps, but quite typical. Also had a jewellers orb explosion:

1702770852449.png
1702771069528.png

Occasionally, you'll get giant juicy explosions like the above Jewellers orb, or 2,000+ Orb of Fusings I posted earlier or sometimes very juicy scarab explosions:

1702772957516.png

EDIT:

IMPORTANT: Sell your essences as DEAFENING only, and ONLY do divine trades. You get a lot more bang for your buck.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users