Path of Exile

Khane

Got something right about marriage
View attachment 510355

This shit isn't okay and more of this isn't okay. You want everyone to use the same items in the same slots because it's undoubtedly better than every other option, go play D2.

To clarify that's 40% of 97k, not 97k total. So 36531 characters using Mageblood. Almost half. That's retarded. That's bad game design.

This is a product of flask power more than anything. In practice Pathfinder is the best ascendency in the game because of it.

I would like to see flasks and auras change. Its not great feeling like you have to work in 100% flask uptime and reservation efficiency into every build otherwise you are leaving way too much raw power on the table.

But the really big problem is the game is designed around that power now. It's out of control. It's hilarious (and sad) that random rare mobs in maps can be more dangerous (and tankier) than Ubers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
View attachment 510355

This shit isn't okay and more of this isn't okay. You want everyone to use the same items in the same slots because it's undoubtedly better than every other option, go play D2.

To clarify that's 40% of 97k, not 97k total. So 36531 characters using Mageblood. Almost half. That's retarded. That's bad game design.
And yet I don't see people arguing that mageblood needs to be removed, I see people arguing that only the cool kids should get that kind of power while everyone else gets to be weak and struggle.

• 1Potato
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know much about the tft drama? I use that shit all the time but saw some stuff on Reddit it’s run by rmt’ers or something? Or is it just baseless nonsense

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw a twitch video of capnlance getting instantly banned for posting a clown emoji so that seems weird

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
TFT is run by Yugoslav manchildren whose sole income is RMT from running the place

This leads to them behave with about as much sense as rabid wolverines when anything they consider a threat to their stranglehold on the market presents itself

In this particular case it was one of the mentioned manchildren attempting to strongarm a minor PoE celebrity (the guy that makes PoB) in to selling him an item, and when he didn't he banned him as retribution. When anything like this happens there is then a subsequent banning spree of anyone who speaks of or even mentions the drama etc.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well I don’t see anyone else providing a bulk selling forum. That shits saved me incredible time unloading crap, realistically things I probably would not have sold otherwise like heist contracts etc

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So as a public service announcement about PoE stack just a heads up if you are blindly trading stash tab pages based on the pricing estimate of poe stack itself.

PoE Stack says my essence tab is worth ~53 divines. I did the math myself and its actual value is ~81 divines. That would be a huge loss if selling based on poe stack estimates.

Awakened poe trade does the same thing. If you look at the chaos prices, it prices everything based off the lowest chaos offer. Loathing for example at one point was going for about 12 chaos each, or 9 for a divine (22c each).

These price check tools are great for personal use, but if you're selling, always add your bulk premium.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Well I don’t see anyone else providing a bulk selling forum. That shits saved me incredible time unloading crap, realistically things I probably would not have sold otherwise like heist contracts etc

The biggest issue here is simply that GGG needs to implement Stash-to-Stash trades. That will remove the need to "trust" people during retarded trades like how you have to use locks to convert mirrors to divine. They also need to itemize everything that is tradeable. For example, itemizing vorici benches, aisling crafts, etc. There's no reason you can't. They already itemize beast crafts for example.

If they don't want an AH it's fine. But you should be able to initiate a trade as normal, and on the trade interface, have a button to switch to trade stash mode. Then, you just select what you want to trade and the other selects how much they are paying for it, and upon completing the trade, put the items in the affinity tabs as needed, and if affinity isnt available or out of space, create a remove-only tab in the receivers stash that contains the items. Don't let them do another stash-to-stash transfer if they have any remove-only tabs, to force them to keep up with it. This way you can click divine, and just type in 900 divine, and the other person can type in 1 mirror. Asks for confirmation, confirm, and walla each person stash gets the relevant items.

That would resolve everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know much about the tft drama? I use that shit all the time but saw some stuff on Reddit it’s run by rmt’ers or something? Or is it just baseless nonsense
It's getting out of hand. TFT banned Spiceysushi while he was typing in his OWN chat (forgot either his discord or twitch chat) because his friend was talking bad about TFT and he replied with " I can't".

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The biggest issue here is simply that GGG needs to implement Stash-to-Stash trades. That will remove the need to "trust" people during retarded trades like how you have to use locks to convert mirrors to divine. They also need to itemize everything that is tradeable. For example, itemizing vorici benches, aisling crafts, etc. There's no reason you can't. They already itemize beast crafts for example.

If they don't want an AH it's fine. But you should be able to initiate a trade as normal, and on the trade interface, have a button to switch to trade stash mode. Then, you just select what you want to trade and the other selects how much they are paying for it, and upon completing the trade, put the items in the affinity tabs as needed, and if affinity isnt available or out of space, create a remove-only tab in the receivers stash that contains the items. Don't let them do another stash-to-stash transfer if they have any remove-only tabs, to force them to keep up with it. This way you can click divine, and just type in 900 divine, and the other person can type in 1 mirror. Asks for confirmation, confirm, and walla each person stash gets the relevant items.

That would resolve everything.
This would greatly help but still doesn't resolve the single item trades. You literally have to whisper 10 people before someone gets back to you if your lucky. Either they are /AFK, don't reply at all, don't want to leave the map cause it's not worth their time or they are price fixing an item. An auction house will fix most if not all these problems but GGG doesn't want to add one.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The issue with the implementation of proper trade is the economy relies on friction inherent in the system to maintain stability. We've all seen the loot explosion highlight reels. If you took all that currency that coordinated team play can generate and then set those people lose in the equivalent of a WoW auction house a ton of shit would just disappear. Inflation would skyrocket and price fixing would get vastly easier. You would also lose the ability to fix your mistakes when you price something. Maybe half a dozen times this league I criminally underestimated the value of something and got spammed. Sure, it's my responsibility to know what the fuck I'm doing but those fuck ups are also a learning tool as well in a game that's pretty fucking opaque.

Khane

The issue with the implementation of proper trade is the economy relies on friction inherent in the system to maintain stability. We've all seen the loot explosion highlight reels. If you took all that currency that coordinated team play can generate and then set those people lose in the equivalent of a WoW auction house a ton of shit would just disappear. Inflation would skyrocket and price fixing would get vastly easier. You would also lose the ability to fix your mistakes when you price something. Maybe half a dozen times this league I criminally underestimated the value of something and got spammed. Sure, it's my responsibility to know what the fuck I'm doing but those fuck ups are also a learning tool as well in a game that's pretty fucking opaque.

The solution to that is make an AH for bulk currency sales only. No item slot trades.

Trading for items isn't really bad, usually. It's the bulk currency trades that fucking blow.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The solution to that is make an AH for bulk currency sales only. No item slot trades.

Yeah, I don't think any of the problems are insurmountable but each change they make comes with a couple gremlins and that all takes time to sort out. Right now the thing does technically work so convincing them to upend the apple cart something something PoE2 seems unlikely. When I was buying memories to get the challenge done it was 5-10 messages per buy. It's so fucking shit. I even tried to narrow it by time on the market plus ignoring the cheapest ones and it's still a dick sandwich. Just buying a random map or fragment leaves you feeling like a jackass as one person after another fails to respond.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how hilarious a Final Fantasy 11 style auction house would work on PoE bulk sales.

For those that dont know how this works, its probably the most intelligent, ingenious auction house in existance, though admittedly it might not work for PoE. But could it? Could it work in conjunction with what we have today?

A seller will put item up for sale, and specify the lowest price they are willing to accept for that item. This value the seller puts is NOT public. However, the last 20 successful sale prices is public. Therefore, the buyer that wants the item can see what others paid for the product, but not what the seller listed it for. That's the key to the entire system. NO ONE except the seller actually knows what the value they would have taken for it. If the buyer specifies a price that is equal to or more than any other currently listed, then the earliest/lowest priced items will be the ones sold. The person that gets the money and whos item is actually sold is the one that has the lowest listed sold price, without regard to what the buyer offered. In other words, it's possible someone who wanted to sell quick could put 10 divine up for 176c each and (unknown to them) end up being the lowest offered. If a buyer tried to buy for 200, they would be successful, get the 10 divine, and pay 2000c for it. The person who put the 10 divine up for 176c each will get 2000c for it.

• 1Genius!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Khane Khane Penance Penance

Leveled up a pathfinder(so no synergy with minions) over the weekend. Level 66, acts complete, 3 labs. 3 hours, 45 minutes. Level 38 Hybrid Blink Arrow of Bombarding Clones Scion [3.23]

Is it the best? Probably not. Nor am I a good judge of that.

That said, under 4 hours is pretty good for me. I want to say that's my best time with HP leveling and I've done that one way too many times. I spent a fair amount of time buying gems and doing trades. I could also get better at weaving blink arrow with a blink movement skill.

There might be a way to add a leveling AG, but I couldn't figure out a way to get him some sustain. It would shave off some time when your clones get stuck on a chunky rare.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Khane Khane Penance Penance

Leveled up a pathfinder(so no synergy with minions) over the weekend. Level 66, acts complete, 3 labs. 3 hours, 45 minutes. Level 38 Hybrid Blink Arrow of Bombarding Clones Scion [3.23]

Is it the best? Probably not. Nor am I a good judge of that.

That said, under 4 hours is pretty good for me. I want to say that's my best time with HP leveling and I've done that one way too many times. I spent a fair amount of time buying gems and doing trades. I could also get better at weaving blink arrow with a blink movement skill.

There might be a way to add a leveling AG, but I couldn't figure out a way to get him some sustain. It would shave off some time when your clones get stuck on a chunky rare.
I couldn't get it to feel good around past 60 not sure why my damage dropped off so hard, but was having issues just leaving rares alive in every pack. I think smite felt better post act 7. Could be a passive tree issue as I was just winging it

Also how were you proccing lochtonials?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I couldn't get it to feel good around past 60 not sure why my damage dropped off so hard, but was having issues just leaving rares alive in every pack. I think smite felt better post act 7. Could be a passive tree issue as I was just winging it

Also how were you proccing lochtonials?
Some of the tankier rares in Act 9 and 10 took a bit of time to die. Just keep going, I was so overleveled it didn't matter. I *did* have 3 minions nodes however, so damage was higher than if I had just leveled up something non-minion.

I wasn't proccing the charge sharing. I couldn't come up with anything better to put there besides the attack speed, which does benefit the player when using blink arrow. Suggestions?

Khane

There is probably an answer for the AG related to Ralakesh, because lol Ralakesh. Usable at level 36.

I guess Ralakesh + Restless Ward would be good early on, but that would drop off hard as that amount of regen is paltry compared to an AGs HP pool later.

Khane

Heh, I didnt realize it was high level req, I just assumed it was lower level because its such a forgotten item.

EDIT: Gruthkuls is only level 38 though, that should work (without Ralakesh)? Does an AG use spells?

Last edited: