Path of Exile

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
At this point I’m pretty sure Chris Wilson would have a brain tumor if he suddenly ok’d an auction house. This is something he has fundamentally been against for over a decade, he could probably rant for hours about why he doesn’t want one

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Doesn't the Chinese version of POE have an AH? Along with tons of other QoL stuff that we poor gwai-los don't get? Or am I hallucinating that one...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure about an AH. But they do get a pay-per-season pet that picks up currency for them.

I'd rather deal with TFT(i.e. not use it at all) than play on a Westernized Chinese version of PoE.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chinese Poe is basically the death of poe. There’s zero chance that would ever come to the west

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Anyone try this out yet? I *just* upgraded to a 7800X3D, 7800XT, and WD 850X Black. It(the upgrade) definitely solved my performance issues, but now I have no reference if this patch would have helped my old rig.

Would be more annoyed if upgrading didn't also mean my son gets a gaming computer now.

Haven't bought a supporter pack in a while because they've done an absolute shit job at managing the game performance. This is despite the game being really fun many current and previous leagues. Kinda feels this deserves a write up/apology. Especially since I bet the root of the issue is how many MTX and PoE2 textures they're jamming into the game.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
For how impactful the hardware upgrade was: I went from a 1060 6GB, i5 7500, 850 EVO to what I listed above. My wife, who can't tell VSCode and PoB apart, remarked almost instantly that it looked more crisp. She was unknowingly noticing that my celestial worb didn't immediately trip dynamic texture resolution and turn into blurry blobs on impact.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So anyone know how I can craft like, half of this wand?

1705987080655.png

Well I spammed like 40 prime resonators on craft of exile (Aetheric, Faceted, Sanctified, Deft) and didn't get the spells I needed. I'm guessing due to the price on these being around 400+ the average spam for fossils probably gonna be around 100ish.

Or I'm wondering if alt spamming and smashing together is a better to try to get suffixes/prefixes first, lock with meta and then reforge or fossil spam?

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fossils do not respect meta mods, they will re-roll everything, just FYI.

Those kinds of crafts are not the kind of thing us normies usually even attempt. Crafting a good, uninfluenced weapon with a Fracture is expensive enough as it is. When you add tons of extra prefixes and suffixes into the mod pool via dual influence, its awful. Thats why that mirror tier wand in your screenshot has a settle prefix that is only tier 3 AND a crafted prefix, and is still listed for (presumably) mirror service.

That being said, alt spamming (or buying) the two separate influenced bases until you hit a T1 suffix on each and then awakeners orbing is probably the best "start". But from there you'd have to hope you kept an open suffix and prefix -> suffix lock -> YOLO the very expensive reforge influence harvest craft OR exalt/annul. You can brick that very easily either way and have to start again with 2 new bases to then smash together and repeat.

If you do manage to get the three suffixes you'd probably finish the craft by suffix lock -> scour -> Exalt twice to always leave an open prefix -> repeat until satisfied throwing in a yolo annul every once in a while (with suffix lock on) to try and hit a bad prefix if you got a good one with exalts.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
1706065544621.png

How the fuck isn't this a 5 mod map?

• Monsters fire 2 additional Projectiles
  • Monsters Poison on Hit
  • Monsters' skills Chain 2 additional times
  • Monsters cannot be Taunted
  • Monsters' Action Speed cannot be modified to below base value
  • Buffs on Player expire 70% faster
Now, I know 2 of those are actually 1 affix, I checked before hand because this is the 2nd 5 mod map that I've failed. I think it's 4th and 5th one. Anyone else having trouble getting bligh-ravaged achievement?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not something weird like the map itself isn't actually T16, is it? I don't know if T15s or T14s still generate level 85 areas.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, you might be right there. I thought they would be T16 only. It's a jungle value, which according to the trade website can be T14 or T16. I'll make sure to check that next time.

• 1Like

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
TFT is run by Yugoslav manchildren whose sole income is RMT from running the place

This leads to them behave with about as much sense as rabid wolverines when anything they consider a threat to their stranglehold on the market presents itself

In this particular case it was one of the mentioned manchildren attempting to strongarm a minor PoE celebrity (the guy that makes PoB) in to selling him an item, and when he didn't he banned him as retribution. When anything like this happens there is then a subsequent banning spree of anyone who speaks of or even mentions the drama etc.
I have been waiting for Jenebu to do something like this. The upper TFT community had become brazen in their RMT. Let alone the item thefts they've done over the years. What an idiot though, thinking his little community had more clout than the guy that made PoE playable.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea honestly I'm surprised it took this long for such a high profile meltdown to take place.

They skated by on stealing mirror bases from people multiple times somehow over the years which I guess just made them feel invincible?

That said tho what is really gonna happen? GGG will never care really, the PoE reddit is gonna cry and bitch for a week, and then what? Back to business as usual mostly.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure about an AH. But they do get a pay-per-season pet that picks up currency for them.

You need to put this in context.

The pet picks up about 1 piece of currency every 1/2 second or so. It's extremely slow in the grand scheme of things, and misses most currency. There are some videos that show it picking it up really fast, but those are basically the character staying still to illustrate it. In practice, it sucks.

Khane

You need to put this in context.

The pet picks up about 1 piece of currency every 1/2 second or so. It's extremely slow in the grand scheme of things, and misses most currency. There are some videos that show it picking it up really fast, but those are basically the character staying still to illustrate it. In practice, it sucks.

Still way faster than clicking everything yourself. Its not like you can loot yourself while killing.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Still way faster than clicking everything yourself. Its not like you can loot yourself while killing.

Yes, I agree. I'm just saying that its not just a pet that magically picks everything up for you. A lot of people feel it does.

Khane

So I was sitting in CaptainLance's stream and everyone starting talking about a very unfortunate event for the smuggest streamer in PoE.

Apparently, Snoobae forgot to turn his stream off after he planned to end and started squeezin the hog. I have no interest in verifying this for myself. Hearsay is all I'm willing to commit to this.

Maybe check poe stack to see if he logged his time.

• 1Worf

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
So I was sitting in CaptainLance's stream and everyone starting talking about a very unfortunate event for the smuggest streamer in PoE.

Apparently, Snoobae forgot to turn his stream off after he planned to end and started squeezin the hog. I have no interest in verifying this for myself. Hearsay is all I'm willing to commit to this.

Maybe check poe stack to see if he logged his time.
Was he applying for a job at CNN?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Never even heard of that guy.

Let me know when Steelmage cranks one out or something.

• 1Truth!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How do you judge the defenses of a build like this? poe.ninja

Essentially, no evasion or armour, stack lots of life. Petrified Blood(and progenesis) and Defiance of Destiny seem to be common additions. PB seems to be PoB warrior bait, but PoB can't do anything with DoD. I've played with DoD once and I don't feel like I got a good feel for it since it was on a character that was already defensively ridiculous(Mahu shield PF).