Path of Exile

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just in case people were still under the illusion that 3.23's economy was an aberration.
View attachment 524100

I'll admit that I don't understand why Nimis is tanking. Its div card should be boss-drop only as well, no?
The div card for nimis drops in one of the t17 maps and people are abusing rogue exile allflames and the t17 exlusive mod that spawns a tormented spirit when rare monster gets to low life combined with the scarab that spawns 8-12 beyond portals when a unique mob dies (with div scarabs obviously).

So kill a rogue exile -> 8 to 12 portals with a few rares probably -> tormented spirit spawns from low lifed rare mob and dies -> 8 to 12 new portals -> tormented spirit ad naseum ..End effect is 2000+ unique monsters in a map and tens of thousands of normal mobs. Its the reason this was 20 div yesterday and solo people can/could make way more than even empyrians whole group could before this strategy was found.
1712756271240.png

The economy might even be more messed up than last league

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm familiar with the farming strategy itself. My misunderstanding was that I thought div cards related to boss drops were moved to said bosses. That is incorrect and they were only removed from stacked decks and diviner's strongboxes.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I did 38/40 with hexblast mines trickster the league they revamped the skill, 3.20. It's relatively the same now, and I've played few mine builds since. I love the freeze and shatter and not having to aim, huge QoL baked into the build. The LMB isn't as big a deal as long as you can fit in those two extra skill gems. It's kinda nice to be able to stand still for few moments this game actually lets you. Previously, I had developed a bad habit of stutter stepping as I wasn't sure if I had kept LMB depressed.

That said, I've kinda soured on mine builds. They're one of the archetypes that doesn't get a movement skill benefit from making its main skill faster. Even before Smoke Mine was nerfed, I'm not sure that counted as it was kinda janky and only really used for the movement speed bonus.

I like having an on demand movement skill that doesn't need flasks to feel fluid. If you're one of those autists that can aim shield charge correctly 95% of the time, mines are ok in that respect.

Hexblast is still great, and the new mastery that detonates mines when you move works just fine imo. Shield charge (running faster attacks + momentum with it) + frostblink is a great movement combo for me, but I can see how some people might not like shield charge if they're running tight maps or something.

In other news, this economy is kinda nice but also stupid. I hope they nerf T17s + exile strat (and any other outliers that pop up) this league and don't wait until next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hexblast is still great, and the new mastery that detonates mines when you move works just fine imo. Shield charge (running faster attacks + momentum with it) + frostblink is a great movement combo for me, but I can see how some people might not like shield charge if they're running tight maps or something.

In other news, this economy is kinda nice but also stupid. I hope they nerf T17s + exile strat (and any other outliers that pop up) this league and don't wait until next.
Once it starts catching on anything, I get reminded how shitty its pathing is. And I can't figure out why they won't fix it. Whirling Blades doesn't have this issue. What other options do casters have at low investment? Dash sucks since they increased the cooldown. Lightning Warp requires high investment and I'd posit the helm enchant was required. Frostblink of Wintry Blast requires a ton of cast speed to get it to the point it feels similar to Flame Dash as I'm somewhat certain it doesn't get the animation frame backloading that Flame Dash(and Whirling Blades and Leap Slam) get.

The mine mastery is ok. They replaced an awesome mastery, though. And most mine builds path by 2 mine clusters. It's common to small thread of hope Efficient Explosives and anoint Successive Detonations, leaving you with 1 mine mastery. The "detonate while moving" was clearly a bandaid fix and I hope they iterate upon it some more.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assume that Shield Charge is just designed to randomly fail because that's sure how it feels.
This 1000x. When it works properly it's one of my favorite movement skills, but man does it seem to randomly stop short constantly.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I hate shield charge with a passion, i'm trying to use it in my srs guardian for the block chance but I almost want to just say fuck it and go back to flame dash and who cares about the 25% block.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
The div card for nimis drops in one of the t17 maps and people are abusing rogue exile allflames and the t17 exlusive mod that spawns a tormented spirit when rare monster gets to low life combined with the scarab that spawns 8-12 beyond portals when a unique mob dies (with div scarabs obviously).

So kill a rogue exile -> 8 to 12 portals with a few rares probably -> tormented spirit spawns from low lifed rare mob and dies -> 8 to 12 new portals -> tormented spirit ad naseum ..End effect is 2000+ unique monsters in a map and tens of thousands of normal mobs. Its the reason this was 20 div yesterday and solo people can/could make way more than even empyrians whole group could before this strategy was found.
View attachment 524106

The economy might even be more messed up than last league

It's stuff like this that shows me that GGG does not even fully understand all the interactions of their own game at this point.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Makes me laugh how all over the place this shit is:

6 mans are the only way to make money REEEE
No wait, people are solo doing it because 6 mans crash REEEEE

Juicing is dead
Juicing is out of hand (4 days later without changes btw)

Headhunter/Mageblood/Nimis are too expensive!
WHY ARE HEADHUNTER MAGEBLOOD AND NIMIS SO CHEAP!

They'll never be happy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meanwhile I'm just doing breach in ssf to get a red dream, even though in trade people would be like "You stupid fuck your strat is only 15% efficient to my 50 div/hr strat"

• 1Solidarity

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Strat got nerfed. Damage is done. RIP economy. Affliction wasn't even half of whatever the fuck that was.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can CURRENTLY craft fractured influenced items. That's been impossible until now. That might be a hotfix one unless they're throwing the crybabies a bone.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I just can't get into the league. The crafting in the league mechanic makes sense but meh to the rest of it.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm trying to farm speed coffins but I just can't get any. Is there a specific ember mob I need to farm for these? I'm getting over 10 coffins per map but no speeds. They only go for like 1-5c on trade so I think I'm doing something wrong.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is truly the "but the base game is in such a good state!" league.

I don't like doing the crafting, moving the modifiers around while mapping or using Allflames. Wandering Path instilled in me a host of bad habits. When I show back up I'm just going to buy some 1500 dps ele bow for a couple divines and shoot my way through a couple more challenges and call it a day.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If your build can handle it, the best way is to turn on Fear of the Light and just blasting. Managing corpses is definitely a hassle, but allflame shit was 1000% worse for me. This way I just blast and have a lot less looting to do. At a certain point you just are very selective with which graves you collect. But yeah I wish they'd just add "tiers" to corpses (pre map, early map, red) so you could just stack like 500 of each craft in the morgue instead of 64 total.