Pathfinder: Kingmaker

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've never liked Barb. Honestly you can play whatever you want and you'll be fine, especially if not higher difficulty. I thought about trying that too. I had a lot of fun as a thunder caller Bard

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I made a Mad Dog barbarian and a Monster Tactician to start with. Might end up rerolling after I have played for a bit and get a feel for things.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I've never liked Barb. Honestly you can play whatever you want and you'll be fine, especially if not higher difficulty. I thought about trying that too. I had a lot of fun as a thunder caller Bard
Thundercaller Bards looked really powerful .

Ridas

Pay to play forum
So far I just smash through with melees. Sneak attack is broken af in this game. Especially with outflank.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played since December but it was in reasonably decent shape then. The second DLC came out, that lets you play the Varnhold side of things. Supposedly loading has gotten a lot better

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
I played in December-January and only experienced minor bugs. Was one of the best PC RPG's I've ever played.

• 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i played a bit last month-ish. it was stable and loading times weren't really an issue. at least not one that i noticed

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Is this game stable enough to give it a go now?
I finished a couple months ago and had zero issues that didnt involve me trying to dim door into places i shouldnt be.

Just waiting for the third dlc before i replay.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It's good now, though the difficulty at higher tiers is tough.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Loving this game, I'm up to the Varnhold chapter now and it's been an absolute blast. Some things I've noticed:

-Delay Poison Communal (3rd level Cleric spell) is insane for this campaign. So many creatures that would otherwise annihilate you with ability damage can't do shit while that spell is on. Also allows you to stand in your own Stinking Cloud/Cloudkill which is pretty hilarious when fighting against living enemies.

-They royally fucked up by allowing ranged sneak attacks from anyone if the target is being flanked. It's absolutely ridiculous on an Arcane Trickster Octavia, but if I were to reroll as a ranged Rogue this game would be over. In tabletop Pathfinder, you can only get Sneak Attack from flanking if you are one of the flanking characters. In this game, you can just sit two tanks on an enemy and then have a howitzer cannon of death 30 feet away that eviscerates anything it touches. Also, you can sneak attack Undead in Pathfinder, which has always been nonsensical.

-Linzi becomes a god at level 9. The temp HP from Inspire Greatness seems to either reset every round or every time you start and stop the performance. It basically gives all your characters 2 Hit Dice of Stoneskin that refreshes every round.

-Enemies seem to be succeeding at saving throws (specifically Will) more often than they should. At lower levels I watched with horror as a troll with a +4 to Will saved against a DC 16 Hideous Laughter four times in a row. At higher levels, Wargs seem to have no problem resisting Confusion for some weird reason. Could just be dice but I also wonder if there's something else going on with that.

-I've been running out of places to explore that aren't gated by story events. I do enjoy the kingdom management but I wish that there were more side quests and optional dungeons to complete after completing each main chapter story, because it will usually only take me 1-2 in game weeks to complete and then I have hundreds of days to do whatever.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Loving this game, I'm up to the Varnhold chapter now and it's been an absolute blast. Some things I've noticed:

-Delay Poison Communal (3rd level Cleric spell) is insane for this campaign. So many creatures that would otherwise annihilate you with ability damage can't do shit while that spell is on. Also allows you to stand in your own Stinking Cloud/Cloudkill which is pretty hilarious when fighting against living enemies.

-They royally fucked up by allowing ranged sneak attacks from anyone if the target is being flanked. It's absolutely ridiculous on an Arcane Trickster Octavia, but if I were to reroll as a ranged Rogue this game would be over. In tabletop Pathfinder, you can only get Sneak Attack from flanking if you are one of the flanking characters. In this game, you can just sit two tanks on an enemy and then have a howitzer cannon of death 30 feet away that eviscerates anything it touches. Also, you can sneak attack Undead in Pathfinder, which has always been nonsensical.

-Linzi becomes a god at level 9. The temp HP from Inspire Greatness seems to either reset every round or every time you start and stop the performance. It basically gives all your characters 2 Hit Dice of Stoneskin that refreshes every round.

-Enemies seem to be succeeding at saving throws (specifically Will) more often than they should. At lower levels I watched with horror as a troll with a +4 to Will saved against a DC 16 Hideous Laughter four times in a row. At higher levels, Wargs seem to have no problem resisting Confusion for some weird reason. Could just be dice but I also wonder if there's something else going on with that.

-I've been running out of places to explore that aren't gated by story events. I do enjoy the kingdom management but I wish that there were more side quests and optional dungeons to complete after completing each main chapter story, because it will usually only take me 1-2 in game weeks to complete and then I have hundreds of days to do whatever.

specifically sneak attack with ranged... i've never played pnp pathfinder, and it's been FOREVER since i played d&d 3.5 but i don't EVER remember being able to get multiple sneak attacks per round. as soon as i saw that i just made a ranged rogue and most encounters are trivial for that exact reason.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Time to buckle down and play this again. I dropped it after 30 hours and numerous weirdass bugs that ruined a lot of shit for me. Lost party members due to this or that and couldn't recover them. Unable to complete quests and other stuff that I got really irritated by. Seeing live javascript exposed in various spots throughout the game really kills my immersion.

But fresh playthrough starting Sat or Sunday. Let's go boys. I'll try to not use one of these ranged howitzers though. I'll do this and the DLC.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I watched a little bit of Cohh's play through. Enough to convince me this is something I want to play. Is it worth picking up the DLC right away or is it something that should be done after the main game?

• 1Like

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's an excellent game, no doubt, but when I reached the point where you split your party up and have to fight an Owlbear miniboss thing, my tank kept getting totally wrecked. I didn't want to have to lower the difficulty to beat it so I took a break. That was back in January so maybe I should check it out again.